Sign in to follow this  
Grimm

1st & 4th Cards in battle got randomly swap out (Blockchain card involved)

When I start a match, my fourth card is changed. There is a pattern to it, but I don't know what it is, or how to "trick" it. The game/my account seems to pick a card and that's what it plays until I crystallize the card, then it uses another one. I recently started a new game so this hasn't affected my progress so far, but it will catch up to me soon. Very frustrating!

SoG Version 1.2.12 on a Galaxy S8, Android version 7

Edited by Grimm

Hi @Grimm

Thanks a lot for your report.

Could you please tell me more about this issue?

The card in the position 4, is it an in game card or a blockchain one? For which card is it changed? It woulb be really helpful if you could do a screenshot when it happens please.

Furthermore, does this issue happened randomly, or when you play a specific campaign/raid?

We are trying to reproduce this, so more details will be really helpful.

Thanks a lot, sorry for the inconvenience :(

I look forward to hearing from you!

Hi @Grimm

Could you please let me know if since the last release 1.2.16 this is issue is still occurring?

Thanks a lot for your patience, I look forward to hearing from you :)

I actually have the same problem about the 4th card change when playing. 

It happened to me 3 weeks ago for first time, and I can bring you more information about:

1. As Grimm told you it follows a pattern but I also don't know what. 

2. The problem involves blochain cards stored at Book of Orbs. 

One month ago more or less I started playing Spells of Genesis and all was working fine. One week latter I bought 3 blockchain cards throught Book of Orbs and at first all was working fine with my new cards avaliable in the game but few days latter started the problem about the 4th card. It happened always in every campaign That I played. 

Then I started to suspect that the problem could bevabout the blochain cards stored on The Book of Orbs and I opened 3 sell orders for the 3 cards in order to keep its out of the game, my objective was not to sell the cards so I put a expensive price for not selling and so I only will lose the btc fees. 

With the 3 cards out of game by this way I opened again Spells of Genesis an then was working fine again without the 4th card issue. I spent 3 weeks playing normally without any problem until today:

In order to test the problem today I went to book of Orbs and I canceled the selling order for one of the three cards: I canceled the order for "Dealer of flames" blockchain card and then when I started playing again the 4th card problem started again. 

So I think it must to be an issue involving the connection between Spells of Genesis and Book of Orbs for blochain cards. 

Now I can't play until I open a new sell order for this card or disconnect from my book of Orbs areas. 

I wish that you can fix this bug soon, is important that you know that is not solved as shows this post label. 

Edited by Nestbit
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Nestbit

Thanks a lot for your report and really sorry for the inconvenience.

I have a question, if in your team you setup only in game card and no blockchain, do you still face the issue please? (when your blockchain cards are still linked to your game, so not on sale)

We really take seriously this issue and our Dev Team is working a lot on reproducing it, but with no success for the moment, so all details will help us.

Thanks a lot for your patience, I look forward to hearing from you.

2 hours ago, eds_Yzia said:

Hi @Nestbit

Thanks a lot for your report and really sorry for the inconvenience.

I have a question, if in your team you setup only in game card and no blockchain, do you still face the issue please? (when your blockchain cards are still linked to your game, so not on sale)

We really take seriously this issue and our Dev Team is working a lot on reproducing it, but with no success for the moment, so all details will help us.

Thanks a lot for your patience, I look forward to hearing from you.

Don't feel sorry for me, thank you all for bring us this great game. I consider myself a blochain entusiast, not a gamer but it is a good game and a grat blochain ecosistem idea, so I like to play it.

The issue about the 4th card happens when I select a blochain card and ALSO when I don't select a blochain card. While the game is linked to my wallet (BOO) and the card is usable (not on a sell order) it hapens always. I can't avoid it until I enter a sell order for all my 3 cards owned. One time also I uninstalled the game and reinstalled again on my phone and when I linked BOO again the problem started again. My BOO public adress is 1FWk6UJBXwv92TY9ATA69Z2SZXXJ48Har8, I put it here because maybe it can help you to search for the solution, I don't know, and also anybody reading the post can send me a tip-card jaja. ;)

I thing the problem is involved in how SPG indexes the the total amount of cards of an acount when its acount owns in-game and blochain cards all together. But is only what I suspect, I'm not a dev or something like this, I was Betatester for Autodesk 3D products many years ago but it is my unique experience about...

Good luck for fix the problem, congrats for your work!

• Like 1

Hi @Nestbit

Many thanks for your support and all your help.

If we need more information I will get back to you, we are still investigating this issue on our side.

Thank you again for all your understanding and patience, have a nice day :)

PS : you can unlink your wallet instead of putting orders for your cards. If you need any help with that, please let me know.

Regards ;)

Dear Developer,

I've tested through two accounts with the same Book of Orbs and manage to replicate the issue and below is how you can trigger it.

1. To trigger this bug you must have a book of orbs linked with the gaming account.

2. You must have block chain card in the book of orbs.

3. The block chain card can be crystallised/blockchainization from the current logged in spell of genesis gaming account or it can be crystallised/blockchainization from other gaming account into the book of Obs but now linked with current gaming account. (As long as you have a block chain card - Please note I never bought any block chain card from the store/book of orbs. So all my testing is based on the crystallised/blockchainization of my own block chain card across two accounts)

4. Have at least one block chain card placed in any position of the four battle card spaces in game. Depends on what position you put your block chain card. It will then swap out position 1 or position 4 of your battle cards.

5. It will perform normally and you can navigate/see all your cards placed correctly in your four battle spaces when you play/enter any other game mode (EXAMPLE, PVP, store/shop etc)

6. But it will trigger and have this card swap happens as soon as if you enter a campaign mode. 

7. You do not need to start the campaign battle to see this bug, you just need to open/enter the campaign then back out. Then you will see your cards get swap out.

8. What happens if you ignore and still enter the battle? You will have cards randomly swap out and potentially easy loss your battle. 

For you to investigate my book of orbs public address is below.

17iCZJt4CLuW3pzQZCEFGsSqXi5bqKSMbM

My in game account is my forum user name and second account user name is jckingjc.

Thanks for bring us the good game. Keep up with the good work!

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Hi @Bigfishhead

Many thanks for your helpful report.

I will forward all these information to our dev team, we noticed the issue with the card in position 4 which is still under investigation but not with the position 1.

So thanks a lot again for all these informations.

As soon  as I have more information on my side, I will get back to you. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have more :)

Sorry for this inconvenience, and thanks for your support!

All good, thanks! :) I hope this issue could get resolved soon... Cannot use any blockchain card for campaign at moment which are quite frustrating 😅

• Like 1