Sign in to follow this  
Trysty

Newbie question

I've been playing for just over 2 months using my PC, but now I wish to prepare myself for being able to use blockchainized cards. The PC interface has no menu item for being able to link to the Book of Orbs, so I installed an emulator on my PC and installed the game and the BoO. When I attempted to log into my account from the Android version, I got a message saying that I would lose all my progress if I logged in with my existing account and I should register. I posed this question via Twitter, but I'm being ignored there, so I'm trying here.

Is it possible to play on both devices/operating systems with ONE account? When I use the PC version, I never log in (I'm automatically logged in each time the software loads). If I now register on the Android device (using the emulator), can I link my BoO and then continue playing on the web version and NOT lose my progress?

Was that notice telling me I need to create 2 separate accounts (one for each device, and start over using the new account), or was it simply saying that I need to register with the new device so that all my data can be shared by either device? I really don't want to lose all my hard work!

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 hours ago, Trysty said:

I've been playing for just over 2 months using my PC, but now I wish to prepare myself for being able to use blockchainized cards. The PC interface has no menu item for being able to link to the Book of Orbs, so I installed an emulator on my PC and installed the game and the BoO. When I attempted to log into my account from the Android version, I got a message saying that I would lose all my progress if I logged in with my existing account and I should register. I posed this question via Twitter, but I'm being ignored there, so I'm trying here.

Is it possible to play on both devices/operating systems with ONE account? When I use the PC version, I never log in (I'm automatically logged in each time the software loads). If I now register on the Android device (using the emulator), can I link my BoO and then continue playing on the web version and NOT lose my progress?

Was that notice telling me I need to create 2 separate accounts (one for each device, and start over using the new account), or was it simply saying that I need to register with the new device so that all my data can be shared by either device? I really don't want to lose all my hard work!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @Trysty 

We are sorry, didn't see your message on twitter. Did you send a private message to the account Spells of Genesis please? Usually it's easier to send us an email or use the forum ;) 

About your question, your progression is linked to your account, so if you connect on your computer or your mobile, your progression will not be reseted, as soon as you connect your account. 

To link your wallet to your SoG account, you can use our website. 

Please login, and then click on "add an xcp address" here : https://spellsofgenesis.com/index.php?action=login

If you need further help, please do not hesitate to reply here or send me a private message, else use this form to send us an email : https://everdreamsoft.com/form

Thank you, have a nice day and game :) 

Thanks for the reply eds_Yzia,

I did send a private message to someone who responded to an earlier Twitter comment I made. The account name was spellsofgenesisSP.

Anyway, it seems safe (according to you) to register my mobile device using the same username and e-mail. That is good to know. However, if I don't need to use a mobile device at all, that would be even better! I will try using the link you gave me.

I still need the mobile device to access the actual wallet though, don't I? There is no web wallet is there? If I need to access the wallet via mobile then I may as well do it all there because I can't copy/paste the address between the 2 devices.

Edited by Trysty

Well, I attempted to register from the emulated mobile device and got a message that my username was already taken.

If I attempt to login using my existing username and password, I get a message saying all my data will be lost.

It seems I have the option to create a brand new account with a NEW username (Start over from nothing) on the emulator in order to link my Book of Orbs, or log in with my existing account and wipe out all my data (and start over on BOTH the emulator and the web version). Is there any way to get that menu on the web version to show the needed options so that I can link my BoO from there? There must be some way to switch devices and keep the data with the account. I am NOT prepared to start from nothing and lose 3 months of work. If it were possible to play continuously until I got back to where I am, I wouldn't mind so much, but with the energy limits on the game, I can only do so much in any given day, so I'm stuck at losing 3 months! Please help.

Screenshot_1537819720.png

On 9/26/2018 at 4:54 PM, Trysty said:

Why has my last post been hidden for 2 days? I thought it just might need moderation or something, but 2 days just to look at it?

Hi @Trysty  

It's an automatic feature of the forum, it's now shown. If you click on connect your account, and not on the creation of a new account, are you able to connect to your account please? 

(Click on the login button, not the registration one). 

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you :) 

If I attempt to login using my existing username and password, I get a message saying all my data will be lost. I don't wish to lose all my progress just to claim an empty wallet. I sent you the screen capture of the warning in a private message. I can ignore the message and log in anyway, but if I lose all my progress as the message states, what can you do for me to make up for the erroneous advice?

Hello Trysty, I'm managing your case here but I see lot of misunderstanding. After reading all your messages here, what I understand is you started to play SoG using our web version and created an account named Trysty on it. Here is the walkthrough you did I think:

## On Web version
- Start playing (when you start playing for the first time, you're assigned to a 'lazy' temp account)

- You registered your current lazy account -> to the username Trysty. Your lazy account progression have been saved to Trysty account at this moment

- Then you saw you can't register your wallet on web version, you switched with an emulator to android to associate a wallet to your account

## On Android
- You tried to register your account Trysty a second time (according your above screenshot) which is wrong, because you can't register the same account twice using same username / email, this is the reason of the message you get "username is already taken". What you should do here is login to your previously account made on web version, not register a second time

- You was not yet logged-in, so when you started the game for the first time on android, another lazy account have been automatically attributed to you. This is common and normal behavior when you start the game for the first time on a new device to have a lazy user attributed
- When finally you decided to log in to Trysty, you got the message you will lose your existing progression. But here we talk about progression of your current lazy account, not your Trysty account :)

Conclusion:

You can login without any problem to Trysty, you won't lose any progression on Trysty, but on active current lazy account.

Does this explanation is right?

• Like 2

Conclusion:

You can login without any problem to Trysty, you won't lose any progression on Trysty, but on active current lazy account.

Yes, THANK-YOU so very much for that explanation. It makes perfect sense. I could not understand why anyone would build a game where progress would be lost when switching devices. This is important information to know and should be made more visible so others don't end up in the same predicament as I and need to ask all the same questions. Perhaps it would be BEST to alter that notice to specify that the data/progress lost is from the CURRENTLY ACTIVE (lazy) account and NOT from the account that has the username and password already set. Being clear and specific on the notice itself can avoid a lot of problems and frustration.

Thanks again... I'll attempt the login today!

• Like 1