Sign in to follow this  
cdex

Leaderboard activity really increased

I have a hard time believing there are new players that account for the increased scores on the leaderboard. What accounts for this major increase?

A quick sample:

November I came 66th with 119,770

1st Overall had 804,463

October I was 37th with 122,748 (only 3,000 more than I had in November)

1st Overall had 272,473

September I was 43rd with 97,383

1st Overall had 280,459

August I was 11th with 150,520

1st Overall 364,739

5 minutes ago, cdex said:

I have a hard time believing there are new players that account for the increased scores on the leaderboard. What accounts for this major increase?

A quick sample:

November I came 66th with 119,770

1st Overall had 804,463

October I was 37th with 122,748 (only 3,000 more than I had in November)

1st Overall had 272,473

September I was 43rd with 97,383

1st Overall had 280,459

August I was 11th with 150,520

1st Overall 364,739

I feel the same way. 

But when I think it carefully I wont conclude this is a sign for more user activity. (Or at least not all related to more user activity) 

I would say it may have 10-20% impact. Now we do have some new users reach a state that they have good enough team to complete in the monthly final map.

But the main cause is that the Nov's last map is fairly easy compares to previous months. You just need some good earth card and flame all card (Which are both easy to obtain in game in the early stage.)

Also the implementation of gold piles adds a bonus especially in the monthly campaign you have good chance to score big gold pile 300+ to 500.  

So my conclusion here is the cause of "increasing in user activity/competitive on leader board top 100" is that the difficulties of monthly campaign for Nov is much lower than any other months.... 

But I'd love to be wrong... I wish this game has (should have) wider adoption/attention globally.

Coz it is a such a good game!😉

• Like 1

I agree November is easier, but with my deck I'm able to pass each level 99% of the time. The odd time I'm not paying attention or trying, or by chance all of my spells are in inaccessible spots, I won't pass, but 99% of time I do. I also play nearly as much as possible. Wake up in the morning with full 40 stamina and beat it twice. Load game around lunch, beat it twice again, play twice more at night. I'm passing on average 6 times per day. Without gems, it's near max. I have a hard time believing that many people are playing more and using gems to do so. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cdex said:

I agree November is easier, but with my deck I'm able to pass each level 99% of the time. The odd time I'm not paying attention or trying, or by chance all of my spells are in inaccessible spots, I won't pass, but 99% of time I do. I also play nearly as much as possible. Wake up in the morning with full 40 stamina and beat it twice. Load game around lunch, beat it twice again, play twice more at night. I'm passing on average 6 times per day. Without gems, it's near max. I have a hard time believing that many people are playing more and using gems to do so. Maybe I'm wrong.

Im in the same shoes as you. Pretty much same schedule to max out... But I do use gems in the last day to make sure I stay in the top 25 depends on the card.

I believe in order to stay in top 50 you may dont need to use Gems. But you need some luck on Gold piles and free video reward to give you a boost.

But for top 25 you definitely need to spend gems. Not much but depends on last day's position. 15-30 for me thats less than one month daily log in reward. So not too bad. ☺️

This has got me wondering as well. I initially thought that it could simply be related to the attractivity of the monthly blockchain rewards. But it does not really seem like it. Do you spend all your free gems on refills? If not that could be one explanation. Daily rewards account for about 30*680=20400 more gold per month on the leaderboard, even more with the additional gold piles.