Sign in to follow this  
maupinga

future of SoG

Today I received the letter saying that the development of new features for SoG is put on ice. While it does not surprise me, I wanted to know, if possible, if new monthly campaigns will still be put out. 

Thanks

+1

I like the game and spend a lot of time on the game every day or then.

I would like to know as a player and supporter of SOG if this letter we received means "Officially SOG IS DEAD"?? 😭

No support no new monthly contents. At the end server closing down?

Please let us know....

Incredibly sad to hear this but I cannot say I am surprised. I knew something was up when they stopped tweeting. The last two campaigns were not even announced on twitter anymore and didn't get a news bulletin on the website. They have probably laid off the social media dude. The new campaign is another sign. Every map is one-stage only.

Regarding the monthly campaigns I don't think we need to worry that much because they can just recycle old ones. I'd actually love to play the very first campaign again which had 5 stages and was very well designed.

Sad to hear that SoG is failing when the leaderboard activity has actually increased. It's much harder to get into the Top 50 than a couple of months ago but it seems to not be enough especially since the monetization seems flawed at the moment. Endgame players have pretty much no reason to buy gems when they have their finished cards in place aside from competing on the ladder. bookoforbs market is also pretty dead and with BCY being delisted from every exchange interest is vaining. What SoG needs is an economic engine that incentives buying BCY and using them ingame. 

What I don't really get is why they have not even announced the most important news from a couple of days ago. EDS_Yzia has posted a link to a functioning market to buy bitcrystals directly with btc and eth circumventing the cumbersome XCP token:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=957797.4840

In the end I'm sad that the most honest and challenging game got hit hard because EDS was just too honest with their plan in the scamming hell hole that crypto is at the moment. They gave BCY a clear valuation with the intent to buy back BCY. Look at the shittoken scam companies that ran icos for nonfunctioning trash games or pure vapour ware raking in tens of millions of dollars from idiots with 0 value proposition.

I hope SoG is profitable in itself and can run on some kind of low cost maintenance mode. Think about adding some strong money sinks like ingame upgrades and achievements that require high investment so some whales spend enough to keep the game afloat.

Incredibly sad to hear this but I cannot say I am surprised. I knew something was up when they stopped tweeting. The last two campaigns were not even announced on twitter anymore and didn't get a news bulletin on the website. They have probably laid off the social media dude. The new campaign is another sign. Every map is one-stage only.

Regarding the monthly campaigns I don't think we need to worry that much because they can just recycle old ones. I'd actually love to play the very first campaign again which had 5 stages and was very well designed.

Sad to hear that SoG is failing when the leaderboard activity has actually increased. It's much harder to get into the Top 50 than a couple of months ago but it seems to not be enough especially since the monetization seems flawed at the moment. Endgame players have pretty much no reason to buy gems when they have their finished cards in place aside from competing on the ladder. bookoforbs market is also pretty dead and with BCY being delisted from every exchange interest is vaining. What SoG needs is an economic engine that incentives buying BCY and using them ingame. 

What I don't really get is why they have not even announced the most important news from a couple of days ago. EDS_Yzia has posted a link to a functioning market to buy bitcrystals directly with btc and eth circumventing the cumbersome XCP token:

bitcointalk org/index.php?topic=957797.4840

In the end I'm sad that the most honest and challenging game got hit hard because EDS was just too honest with their plan in the scamming hell hole that crypto is at the moment. They gave BCY a clear valuation with the intent to buy back BCY. Look at the shittoken scam companies that ran icos for nonfunctioning trash games or pure vapour ware raking in tens of millions of dollars from idiots with 0 value proposition.

I hope SoG is profitable in itself and can run on some kind of low cost maintenance mode. Think about adding some strong money sinks like ingame upgrades and achievements that require high investment so some whales spend enough to keep the game afloat.

Even though I am a newbie on the forum, I follow SoG very closely since well before it launched.

I was wondering for at least a year why the game was not migrated to ETH. I can imagine that it was not easy to hire people being able to do the work during those crazy times. But one could appreciate that they were aware of this by intending to launch the next game on ETH.

The game needs to be profitable. And as you say, there is no need to buy gems whatsoever if you have just normally decent cards. If we were on ETH, one could have different ERC721 for the same card (like skins). Suppose that blockchainization is triggered by a small ETH transaction, and depending on the size of the transaction, you will get cards that differ in their aesthetic aspects. I can imagine that many players are willing to pay for getting the most beautiful legendary. I understand that this road is closed as it would be costly.

Another way would be a premium model that gives you access to certain parts of the game only if paid. Maybe it is feasible to run a trial on that.

Well, it seems too late for now. The game is actually reasonably well designed. I do not know much about the gaming business, but I imagine it incredibly competitive where few winner takes the largest chunks. But there is room for niche games. A mixture of MtG and a bubble shooter fits my preferences, so I would probably enjoy it even if discontinued. BUT BRINGING BACK OLD MONTHLY CAMPAIGNS IS PARAMOUNT FOR THAT.

Cheers.

I don't think a switch to ETH is necessary. The game would have been much more succesful if it initially started on ETH during the 2017 bubble craze but well hindsight is 20/20. As long as bitcoin transaction fees are low like right now and there is a direct on-ramp for BCY through BTC and ETH I think we are fine. What we need is more incentive to buy and trade cards and use ingame crystals. I have nearly 20 000 ingame crystals and no use? Why should I just build more and more epics which I don't need.

I think there are many easy solutions to make the game more attractive. Add new stars with new difficulty. Even 7 star campaigns are only medium difficulty. Tune it up to mythic or even genesis. Add the possibility to level cards ingame. Like if you win 100 games with a card it gets a +1 bonus on skills or stats. Add 2 new card slots for advanced campaigns. Publish the editor to create levels yourself and share them with others. Introduce new fusion cards like 2 tridents fused to one ultra trident. In order to do this you need to send 2 blockchainized tridents to a swapbot and it gives you back an ultra trident. Make it possible to farm legendaries. For example 4 quad fused epics of one element can be traded for one basic legendary of the same element. Introduce combined cards, for example if you own dark creator and satoshilite you can fuze together to get craig wright (jk lol) but you know what I mean. Add more achievements. Add harder raids with more maps and more enemies. These are all possibilities that would not take too much effort but increase endgame a lot.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Burning said:

I don't think a switch to ETH is necessary. The game would have been much more succesful if it initially started on ETH during the 2017 bubble craze but well hindsight is 20/20. As long as bitcoin transaction fees are low like right now and there is a direct on-ramp for BCY through BTC and ETH I think we are fine. What we need is more incentive to buy and trade cards and use ingame crystals. I have nearly 20 000 ingame crystals and no use? Why should I just build more and more epics which I don't need.

I think there are many easy solutions to make the game more attractive. Add new stars with new difficulty. Even 7 star campaigns are only medium difficulty. Tune it up to mythic or even genesis. Add the possibility to level cards ingame. Like if you win 100 games with a card it gets a +1 bonus on skills or stats. Add 2 new card slots for advanced campaigns. Publish the editor to create levels yourself and share them with others. Introduce new fusion cards like 2 tridents fused to one ultra trident. In order to do this you need to send 2 blockchainized tridents to a swapbot and it gives you back an ultra trident. Make it possible to farm legendaries. For example 4 quad fused epics of one element can be traded for one basic legendary of the same element. Introduce combined cards, for example if you own dark creator and satoshilite you can fuze together to get craig wright (jk lol) but you know what I mean. Add more achievements. Add harder raids with more maps and more enemies. These are all possibilities that would not take too much effort but increase endgame a lot.

Agreed. Love your ideas. Especially able to make use of the epics to swap for legendaries. And get +1 bonus on skills or stats. But maybe in all these cases add that you need to use 1000 crystals as fuel to perform the swap or upgrade therefore the crystal become useful again. (Plus players would need to spend money to buy crystal then that fund the game to make the game profitable...)

It might be too late for these ideas but please keep rotating the monthly campaigns so we still able to play the game... I just hope the game wont totally shutdown this year...