Eddy

Transaction open BCY debited, no card in wallet

Good morning,

I have been trying to document the process for getting BCT into BCY and buying a card for the BoO. I cannot seem to get the last step completed, buy a card and get it into the BoO.

I had a little less than 100 in the account now there is like 30.

58c3fe55212a5_boobalance.thumb.png.e0cd31b4b1d0541ce59d8da888364a93.png

Of course I had some issues placing my order and there are two failed transactions.

unnamed.thumb.png.0ecce171ea5173699f078e36f5f53da4.png

The order with the low priority is still open (that is slow shipping)

58c3feb776ce1_BoOopenorder.thumb.png.eae590c0f12cbccc36290441fe303254.png

There is no card in my BoO wallet. i touched MY ORBS but this is all I ever get. It is possible that two cards x 30 BCY were purchased and in my account I just don't know how to look them up.

Stupid question.  When I get a card in my wallet will I be able to play SoG with it automatically?

58c3feda6704f_boomyorbs.thumb.png.e80cf282cfe949533924932f6ebead37.png

Can you look at my account, account activity and see the series of events?

Can we give the forum users a link to put in an error report, account question etc. or are you the one to work with? 

I guess instructions are in order.  If the user has issues then have them put a ticket in.  You might want to subdivide requests into folders like:

If you are the BoO POC  I do not envy you when this goes live.  Better we debug now.  I like to make bullet proof applications.  How do we do that?  KISS and test test test.

I am thinking, once we get this documented, that I will cut the BoO buy out of the how to purcahse bitcoin and convert it into bit crystals.  Maybe just put a link to this forum, link here back to there and keep the modules of the document small(er) and separated.  Lets get the first pass complete then I can go back and cut it up and reorganize.  I want to repeat the process totally on the phone and make sure it works as advertised but need this last little snafu resolved.

Domo

Status Update 3/12/2017

This morning I checked mm Book of Orbs.  Good news / not so good news.

The Merchant screen is clear as a bell.  No fog of war.  It is crispy and looks really good.

---

The account is minus the amount which I have out on bid for cards, Which makes sense so that I can cover my purchases.  I will cancel one of them and verify that the funds are returned for other purchases and how long that takes.

What I can't understand is why it takes so long to process the transaction for "The Coin Maker"  I just wanted to buy one card to verify that this works and it seems to be held up for a very long time.  I thought the request would have been canceled by now.  Any chance you can peek behind the scenes and see what is going on? 

I will keep you advised as to the progress from this end.  I know it can be done, other people have cards for sale. 

Thanks

Maybe the problem is user error?

Perhaps being a newbie?

Lack of documentation or training?

All of the above....

Can you look at the account history?

-----

I put in an order to buy the Coin Maker March 10 when the BUY button was green.  I understood from reading that they would be offered for 30 BCY.  I put a low priority on it to save some bitcrystal dust, a fraction of BCY.

Then for fun I put a bid on a card that is way out of my price range.

Little did I know that the amount offered for bid is extracted from my account and put on hold, no card and less BCY in the account.

I tried to buy with the increased priority but I think the transaction failed to initiate because of lack of funds.

Days went buy looking at the Book of Orbs without change.  I study the BoO and learn nothing.  Orders open and nothing happens.

Will the original trade be canceled?  I thought it sent a message about goo until the 14 th.  That is tomorrow.  I could be imagining things.

So then I noticed that sellers are offering the Coin Maker for 50 and 70 and more BCY.  Offer to buy and someone selling are two different things.

I don't have enough BCY in my account to pay the asking price because it is tied up in other orders.  I have a little bitcoin BTC.

After reflection I thought okay maybe I need to take down the first orders.  Cancel is one of the few choices.  Oh there seems to be a fee to cancel and order, almost 1 USD. OMG that seems like minus BCY from my very thin wallet.  I only wanted to buy one card to try it out and document the process.  I cry.

This process should have a tutorial.  People get funny about money.

Mean while back at the farm, I am reviewing the buying BTC and converting to BCY document I was writing.  The Book of Orbs is the final step in this long journey.  It turns out that I will have another paper to write and I don't know how to make it flattering.  Maybe just spell it out.  I found that there are additional foreign transaction fees on the VISA for the purchase of Bit coins.  Every time the crypto-currency is touched or transformed by being traded there are fees,  Fees for trades, fees for not making trades.  I think I should add them up and see how bad it is.  I wonder if the bitcoin realm isn't worse than the banks.  Not good.

It is starting to make sense, I am new to SoG and honestly some of the aspects of collecting and trading in game items like skins or cards.  Maybe the the information was provided in game before we visit the jeweler,  It is a stop called "Shady Seller." 

I took down the auction for the fun card and paid the fee.  I left the original request at 30 to see if it will expire.  I am trying to buy from a seller at 50 BCY but of course there is a fee to place an order.  Someone needs to publish a schedule of fees.

With luck this will go through.  If I am really lucky the offer for 30 will go through too.  In history it sure looked to me like others were able to buy at this price.  The guy who I am getting it from has 24 for sale.  It seems there are two or three layers of SoG, sadly.  Those who mine crystal by playing the game, fusing cards and trying to get them to market (guessing here) and those with deep pockets who can buy and sell cards (merchants) and an invisible player (wizards maybe) who get to collect fees.

Like in life, I am in the wrong business.  Posting on the forum and writing stories is not going to make bank.

Ah, what do our French friends say?  "C'est la vie."

------------

This is encouraging a new screen, progress bar.  What do you know progress, finally.

pending.thumb.png.39a57ad7e9ee3245efd0c397ac60df3f.png

My phone went crazy a little bit ago.  Just about vibrated it's self off the desk.  Something about a match had been found.  I think the transaction has several steps.   Maybe that is why it takes time.  We will stand by.  A match found?  I hope it does not turn out like my love life.  That is a story for another time.

The message turned to filled, the card is in the bought folder.  Now what do I do with it?  The Card is not in Collections, my orbs.  Can we see it from in game?

What do you know?  After much trouble and many fees.  We have a new card.  There are still outstanding questions.  We will come back to those.

58c6a34f8da08_Thecoinmaker..png.a8d2e5465a9f68e6e40a3e0bab5b2b38.png

This card ended up costing 50 BCY when I thought it should have been 30 BCY according to the literature, but maybe that is for premium merchants.

I wonder what it takes to do that.  We'll see.

It is satisfying to have a card in your wallet. 

It is a beginning.  aka - Genesis

• Like 1

Congratulations to your nice card purchase! Although your seemed to have had a rough user experience while making the trade. Some part of it is because of the congestion in Bitcoin that have persisted ever since Blocks that includes transaction where full (~7 months). This is an abnormal state of the Blockchain and makes fees rise cancerous. However 40 % and counting of the miners are now voting for bigger blocks to fit more transactions in them. If that percentage rises to 70-80 % then we we will have bigger blocks and more throughput. As a result of bigger blocks the transaction fees will fall steeply and confirmation time will go down as well. Fees would go down to dust instead of the top bitcoins you have to pay today to make a transaction. Your user experience is a good testament to why I think a global launch should wait until blocksize is raised. We can't expect people to have patience or willingness to deal with such rough first impression. 

Edited by bjoorn

Thank you @bjoorn.  Have you seen the stories I write for newbies?  There is an awful lot that we don't know when just getting started.  I seem to always pick the tough row to hoe.  Many players will never post or try to facilitate game play, it is just my way, having been there myself.  The work outside the game is not dissimilar to what is happening in Askian, things are good, we move down the road and then fall on tough times and player frustration.  We learn some things, get a new card and all of a sudden realize oh, eureka I can win.  A few more stops and the witch wants our head, shady merchants etc. life is tough all over.  Hey go back and fight wearana rats in the hinterlands outside the gates (where you started) but pretty soon they spank us too.  I have a feeling the game designers do this on purpose.  The same road can be traveled by players of all skill level and with a huge variation in team consist.  I bet when I play SoG again, from the start it will not be the same journey.  Challenging comes to mind.

The Book of Orbs, trading card aspect of the game is unique in a sense.  Evidently other on line experiences let players trade or sell items for outrageous amounts.  I am just not use to it having to earn my own bread and butter, pay the mortgage and other stuff (phones and computers come to mind.)  I started working, back when the world was young and so were we, for a retired Army Brig. General on the weekends.  I moved rocks and built walls for $1.25 an hour and at the time was happy to have work.  For those of you who are math challenged it was $10 a day for hard labor.  Naturally my perspective on spending that kind of scratch on a card, blockchain or not is, perhaps a little skewed. 

I keep thinking about parents who have to help their kids get signed up to play.  The game should be affordable, fun to play and well documented enough for the average person to load and participate.  I actually won some gems the other day and was astounded.  Those are keepers.  Mind you it takes a long time to get, gold, cards, crystals, gems ... but that is what the designers what.  The users or gamers, public want entertainment, challenge, to learn new skills, use their brain to problem solve, develop strategy, build a good team, like chess look ahead ... The list goes on and on.  SoG has depth.  I think the forum can be a place for us to tell stories, share knowledge and make it easier on those we travel Askian with.  Think about it, friends from all over the world, playing, communicating, doing business.   The game in its simplest form can be played like solitaire and just adventure, do battle take a few minutes a day and play.

At more advanced stages, there is competition. Some people are really gung ho about that.  It pays well too.  I am not there yet, may never be, but it has a certain appeal and better to make war in controlled conditions than on the street.  I would like to see tournament and multi-player be like, what Mr. Mee-ah-gee said on The Karate Kid movie, "Make good fight, earn respect.  

There are aspects of the game for young adults and professionals.  It is remarkable how like the stock market the card trading Book of Orbs application is.  A bit mystifying and requires some computer and financial savvy to operate.  However, think about the merchants and traders.  They have to invest $$$, yen or Francs to get BTC and convert to BCY if they want to buy and trade cards.  Working for them in game takes time.  They have risk and tie up resources.  The merchants and people who set up websites to convert coin and crystals or run a market have to spend time setting up and maintaining their operations.  None of it is truly free so they deserve a crystal shard or bit of dust for their trouble.  Yes, cards seem expensive, to me, but it is the market that drives the price.  The seller wants 150 BCY but I only offer 60, that being all I have.  Then no sale, for now.  The seller may come down or buyer come up.  That is the way trade works.  So they buy a card for $4.50 USD and sell it for $7.50 it may be a good deal for both parties.  The value of something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay.  Consider the card trading guy or vendor had to put up $112.50 for a small number of cards (which are limited btw), then his or her money is tied up. They have to set up and monitor the sales and SoG is not released yet.  They should be rewarded by seeing some return on investment.  That is business in the real world is.  Sometimes it works and sometimes not.  This is the way of things.

I think everyone will be able to enjoy SoG.  Work and play as hard as you want to.  Go cheap or go big.  The tool is here all we have to do is learn how to use it and start building.

In answer to your question about blockchain and the future.  I just started mining using the GPU on the computer an average person can get a couple bucks a day.  Some .0001 fraction of a bitcoin.  But this adds up and was how I got introduced to SoG.  It is exciting but we are not sure where the hashing is going, difficulty is going up, well so is the cost of bitcoin, processing (cpu and gpu cycles) are being used planet wide.  Specialty ASIC mining machines and antfarms are working at a  furious pace Terra hertz and Penta hertz of calculations are being performed, Not long ago these were undreamed of computational speeds, except for Governments and large corporations.  I can do it now, in my garage.   Are we making Earth a smarter place?  Maybe, idk.  Times change and us with it, like it or not.  Sorry I got on a tangent, which is a good word for new players to look up it has a place in battle, SoG may teach us math too, geometry and finance anyhow.  Back to the launch.  Hard to say but what we don't want is a buggy game and unbalanced rewards/difficulty.  I liken this to raising a child, I have always said: "There are a number of ways to mess up a child but no one guaranteed path to success."  We do the best we can with what we have.  Try not to drop the baby.

I will talk philosophy with you any time. Good luck and keep us in the loop.  I want to know who to talk to about the organization of things, the forum for example should I post as an attached .rtf (people have to open) or can I add my stories to the forum directly?  I don't have privileged to start a new thread and put topics underneath it.  Who do I ask about that?  I I was jerking on the bosses chain in the troll box, and since you answered I will ask you.  Who's Who?

Peace

"Have you seen the stories I write for newbies?"

Yes I think i have and I think there is much information to derive from reading them. I read most of your post but I have some trouble to keep up with you. I imagine that you write faster then I can read :). Maybe EDS could make use of a man of your talent and pay you some BCY to do there documentation. I'm sure you would make it the most well-documented game in gaming history!

"I just started mining using the GPU on the computer an average person can get a couple bucks a day."

Nice to hear. That's good way to learn a bit more about Bitcoin I presume. You could see it as learning money because I don't think that you break even considering the electricity bill. Maybe you could mine some other crypto with less difficulty and sell those for BCY to make more profit.  

"Are we making Earth a smarter place?"

This question brings to mind a brilliant talk by George Gilder where he talks about learning curves in the information age. Well worth a watch if you like the philosophical aspect of bitcoin. 

• Like 1

Wow! @bjoorn the discussion between Nick and George was excellent.  They didn't speak over my head, too much.  That was really interesting and worth watching.  I see how this ties in with the concept SoG has and what I was experiencing as a new player, the learning curve.  So true.  Thank you for sharing this.  

I have to think that Nixon did not do us any favors back in 1972 when he took us off the gold standard.

---

So let me ask another question (or two), now that we know time is an important measure.  Regarding playing SoG, investing time and money in cards and leveling.

As you know I got my first card The Coin Maker, from the market on the Book of Orbs (BoO) application.

58cfe44c5079d_TheCoinMakerday1.png.66deb69157bf42c19fe0eee410dced2a.png

It is the only one I have so of course it gets a lot of attention.  I learned to level this card and it has turned out to be quite helpful in game play.  I didn't even realize that we could do this or what the stats were, until you shared that information with me. 

Look at it now.

58cfe540b6c61_TheCoinMakerdaymax.png.d95eff54d2a06c72f18c16889c75a43e.png

Yes, this took some doing.  He is not really powerful but sure helps, if I can keep him alive.  I just learned a whole new part of game play.  The learning curve really does kick in with SoG.  "Fascinating", as Mr. Spock would say.

Can I offer this card The Coin Maker - MAX for sale on the BoO?  Will he retain the attributes that we gain by playing and investing crystals?  Is this one way that players can benefit (get paid) by actually playing SoG?  WOW!

---

I have another card that I fused up all the way.  Does this card also become eligible for sale on the BoO?  When the reset happens, I understand that I lose the card I worked hard to improve, boo hoo.  Do you suppose we could ask the game developers, keepers, masters, creators (what ever you call the people in charge) if we could have the option of cashing out crystals or keeping these for our collection?  I understand catch and release but I sure get attached to cards I play with and build up.

Some times I sort of would like to have another card storage vault for my personal collection,  Play cards (SoG), sale cards (BoO) and keepers not for sale (NFS).

22 hours ago, Eddy said:

Wow! @bjoorn the discussion between Nick and George was excellent.  They didn't speak over my head, too much.  That was really interesting and worth watching.  I see how this ties in with the concept SoG has and what I was experiencing as a new player, the learning curve.  So true.  Thank you for sharing this.  

I have to think that Nixon did not do us any favors back in 1972 when he took us off the gold standard.

---

So let me ask another question (or two), now that we know time is an important measure.  Regarding playing SoG, investing time and money in cards and leveling.

As you know I got my first card The Coin Maker, from the market on the Book of Orbs (BoO) application.

58cfe44c5079d_TheCoinMakerday1.png.66deb69157bf42c19fe0eee410dced2a.png

It is the only one I have so of course it gets a lot of attention.  I learned to level this card and it has turned out to be quite helpful in game play.  I didn't even realize that we could do this or what the stats were, until you shared that information with me. 

Look at it now.

58cfe540b6c61_TheCoinMakerdaymax.png.d95eff54d2a06c72f18c16889c75a43e.png

Yes, this took some doing.  He is not really powerful but sure helps, if I can keep him alive.  I just learned a whole new part of game play.  The learning curve really does kick in with SoG.  "Fascinating", as Mr. Spock would say.

Can I offer this card The Coin Maker - MAX for sale on the BoO?  Will he retain the attributes that we gain by playing and investing crystals?  Is this one way that players can benefit (get paid) by actually playing SoG?  WOW!

---

I have another card that I fused up all the way.  Does this card also become eligible for sale on the BoO?  When the reset happens, I understand that I lose the card I worked hard to improve, boo hoo.  Do you suppose we could ask the game developers, keepers, masters, creators (what ever you call the people in charge) if we could have the option of cashing out crystals or keeping these for our collection?  I understand catch and release but I sure get attached to cards I play with and build up.

Some times I sort of would like to have another card storage vault for my personal collection,  Play cards (SoG), sale cards (BoO) and keepers not for sale (NFS).

Hey Eddy,

Thanks for the posts describing some difficulties getting started and collecting cards. I agree the whole Counterparty stuff on top of already confusing Bitcoin rituals are not very user friendly yet. 

We have been addressing these issues with each update on BoO and it's come a long way since the initial app launch in last Sep, I'd say. But still there is a lot we need to work on.

The next important milestone for us and SoG collectively is to make the whole process much more intuitive for beginners(maybe not totally new to the Bitcoin space but new to SoG and BoO at least). The points of improvement include 1. Better tutorials on BoO how trading, sending on blockchian work 2. Better tutorial on SoG(how they can connect BoO with SoG and receive cards etc) 3. Push notifications on BoO when new SoG cards have been released. There are obviously more to do but those are some of the high priorities for the team.

Hope it helps 

Kojisan,

Thank you for the reply.  You made me chuckle.  @Kojisan wrote: " Bitcoin rituals are not very user friendly yet ."  To me that is really funny.  I like it a lot when we use 'game speak' I would like to see more imagination in these posts, stories about our adventures in the SoG realm, etc.  Back to the topic at hand.  Ritual is great way to put it.  We do the dance, go through all the movements, with spell components (QR's for example) and cast, just like spells.  If we do the working the way our wizard teachers showed us correctly, we get the expected results.  Magic happens!

Both SoG and BoO are well crafted on lots of levels.  Game play, design, interface, reliability (sometimes transactions take a while) and lore show how hard the team at EverdreamSoft (EDS) have worked.  I want to have more stamina to be able to play more, even cashed in gems I was hording the other night to get an achievement, but can see how this is designed to get players to invest.  I wish the cards in BoO for sale were not quite so expensive or that there are ways to make crystals so that I can buy from working in game.  I don't see the crystals that we earn in game reflected in the BitCrystals (BCY) that are in my wallet.  (Oh, btw in SoG maybe the BoO should be called a purse.) Just as in real life my purse is empty.  I know, cry me a river.  Is there a way to play and put crystals in the purse?  Does it come later with new content, not yet released?  Give me a hint and I will see about writing up an article in the forum.  

SoG is fun, entertaining, challenging and more, I am just getting started.  I look forward to updates, the next release, when the leader board opens back up (season) and completion of my next quest.  Spoiler alert for new players:

58d132c96a8cf_threestars.png.4db29a042cf37614a7621c1c8349fb91.png

Thus far, I certainly will give SoG three stars ***  working on it anyhow...

My game play is definitely improving.  Now, I am learning how to manage resources too.  Crystallization and team building is, how do you say, puzzling sometimes.  One has to think, plan, stratigize and adapt.  There is so much more here that meets the eye. 

I enjoy the forum too, thanks. I have been thinking about writing up one of my BS or book of Stories adventures about Everlasting Snow, the next stop on the quest.  My stories may not be true to SoG lore but I think creative people, writers and artists can contribute here as well.  Each battle with my team of 4, each new town along the road is a tale ripe for the telling.  Each player sees the adventure in different ways with 4 different cards, it sure will be fun to read other peoples stories as they play and experience the realm in Spells of Genesis.

The Lore of SoG

Tall Tails

Ask Ian the Blacksmith

A Talisman of Color