There are lots of stories going around especially in the Forum taverns, inns and guilds.  SoG  lore is meant to teach, entertain and as is true with most stories, get bigger over time.  If you have heard or know of such stories and want to add to, what will become, the SoG Book of Knowledge (BoK) put them here.  No doubt the these stories need work,  Editing and approval for content and format by the wizards guild. For now, spelling errors and all, lets run with this.  Have fun, document a battle with your battalion or game trivia.  Join me on the road, less traveled.

--- Warning Warning Warning, Danger Will Robinson ---

Don't believe everything you hear or read.  Parts of the stories are no doubt based in fact and are true SoG lore, other parts may be fictitious and not part of the official SoG approved history.  Still, stories are fun to read, fun to share and if nothing else should be entertaining. Who knows, you might even learn something.

Spells of Genesis Lore - The Book of Knowledge (BoK)   - Maybe rename the thread Book of Stories (BoS) or just plain BS ...

Original scripts in .rtf format

Lore of SoG by way of Google Doc's

For fun lets run a story through Google Translate

Edited by Eddy
link to other stories via Google Docs
  • Like 2

Wouldn't that be cool to have thous in a wiki? Sorry but I must admit that I didn't even download the rtfs. Kind of puts me off.

Hi @BenRPG

How have you been Ben?

ha ha I make myself laugh.

When I was writing the stories, pre production release of SoG, it was easier to put them down in a word document.  I thought about copying them directly into the forum so that people do not have to go to the link and open another application.  I was kind of hoping someone in a position of power and authority would give guidance / approval.  I agree with you.  People who play on the phone don't want to download or open the documents.  Is it okay to make them part of the forum?  Can I get my own thread?

I would like to continue the stories and invite others to add on.  Some tales teach how to play others explore the mystery surrounding bit crystals and why everyone wants them.  SoG should have lore and even encourage fan artwork.  I think that would be really interesting.

Placing the stories inside a document accessed by a link kind of messes up the counts.  It is hard to tell if anyone reads them or even likes them. If they do I will continue to write and document otherwise I can let it go.  Who do you suppose would give their blessing, one way or the other?

Does the forum have a wiki feature?  Is it something I can setup?  Point me in the right direction and give me a kick in the pants, I like to learn new things, share and add value to the community.

@Nicktalop had a good suggestion.  "Beautiful Orbs of Knowledge", or "BOoks"!   I was thinking more like the card "Fairy Tales Poet."  Of course I put a (change request) CR in for that one.  I think it should read " Fairy Tale Poet " there is something funny about the plurality in English but I can't tell you why.

I was at a story about the mines when we switched into production SoG.  I think the mines are an interesting place for story fodder, everyone who is anyone is in the mine at sometime.  Insects to Kings it seems integral to spells.  I am not sure why but for some reason everyone here is mad for crystals and gems.  It was weird coming out of the mine and the world had changed.  Maybe a parallel universe or gate or instance or warp of some type.  My friend Ian the Blacksmith and for that matter the 'Gates of Askian' are missing.  Warana Thieves, the dirty rats are now our friends and have joined the team.

I see each new release as growth.  Change and new challenges are part of what is going to make the game play interesting.  The crew we want to play SoG and contribute to the forum don't even know about it yet.  I suspect, like Bitcoin, at some point we will see a serious up tick in user base.  Until then my thought was to try and document how to setup, play, fuse, earn card, strategize etc. for these next gen players, in a way that is fun and I hope interesting.  I would like to continue writing, do you all want to read about the mines? SoG boot camp? The Guild? Trick shots (hard to catch screens for this one) or one of my own stories? Marble Head the Giant.  He could be related to "The Giant of the Mountain."  Giants in general are misunderstood.  Not all irritable because of hemorrhoids but most are a pia. 

Oh, stamina is restored.  Back to work. 

@EddyJust copy-paste the texts into a google doc and giver everyone with the link rights to comment. This way you will still be in control of your stories but people can add to them non the less. Maybe later there will be a better place to put them. I just don't like to download stuff of unknown source (sorry, no insult intended) onto my computer.

Hi BenRPG,

I like the player @TANGOYANKEE because it makes me think ty.  Nice subtle way to say how we feel about SoG 

Same for your suggestion Thank you.

I agree, about downloading from unknown sources.

What did you think about putting the story directly into the forum so players can read if they want to as is or in line without going to another app?

I made a couple of really cute examples for the developers a Change Request form and a quiz.  Google has some really cool statistics behind their forms.  I made those so that SoG team can get them and fix them up but didn't really hear back as to weather it was a good idea or not.  I think a standardized Change Request form with check boxes would encourage people to report.  The idea kind of fell apart because I could not find the function that allows the user to paste a screen shot into the form.  Being able to add a screen shot is essential for defect reporting.  In my experience it really helps the programmer figure out what the user is seeing.  I sort of got the feeling that the SoG crew didn't really  favor shelling out to Google Docs but that was for work (which should maybe be kept in house) not fun stuff we do on the forum.

I can give it a try.  If that is that okay with the keepers of the forum.  I try not to put in links to other resources or advertise or step outside the SoG box but I sure wouldn't mind a Section of other not SoG or BoO related stuff.  I have a game I played in Japan in 1967 - 1970 that I need to find a sponsor for.  The cards were passed through the fence by the locals in exchange for yen, that is why they are the size that they are.  We also could jump the fence and go into the village, well into town in Yokohama and visit the toy store oh and really cool train store, flower shop with mina bird.  If you ask "How much are the flowers?" the bird would reply "Ten yen."

As it turned out I named the game wrong.  I used the phonetic spelling  Minkos when I learned later, after printing over 30,000 that they are really Menkos.  Go figure.  I had to let my website go, big mistake.  I had two printings in 2000 one here in the USA and another from China (40 cases or something).  That was a real learning experience with import business and oh the cost of a phone call to China.  Ouch.  The game has its roots in Martial arts.  We played at recesses and after school all the time.  I wish kids today knew about it.  One never knows where a connection comes from.  I mention it in passing on the off chance you know someone who knows someone who might be interested. 

SoG right now is a little bit like the issue I have with Minkos.  Marketing.  Word of mouth. Advertising. etc.  I learned it can be a challenge.  That was in part why I kind of want to crunch the numbers on how to make and sell a blockchainized card or cards.  There is really something here.  I have been putting off writing a story about mining and incorporating how to run a GPU mine.  It is crazy lately.  My machine jumped from like $7.xx to $12.xx a day.  I think if we can show players how to set it up, flip over at night or when away from the machines at work or school they can make a few bucks on the side.  It pays for its self with extra for buying SoG cards.  I suspect it would improve the SoG, BCY market cap.  Imagine if all 3333 players do that?  Even $3 USD a day would be $16,665 a month.  Mine you not all of that makes it into SoG but if it were me I would support the source from winst it came.  I am looking for a way to prime the pump, so to speak.

Thank you again for the note.  Maybe I will try it both ways to see what works best.  I'll get back to you ASAP.  Ha well after I use my stamina and try to claw my way up the leader board.  You guys rock!  When I grow up I want to be like you.  On the top of the heap.

top.png.c98f4e768dc99b971cad478651c0e971.png

I don't agree with you @Eddy. imho there's more than enough marketing & word of mouth. It's just that the game stops being addictive once you reach a certain level (Sia 3 stars). So if we're talking game vs marketing. I would say, the game (which is usually like 2/3 of the real marketing) is waiting for its update towards the multiplayer.

I don't get the $7 / $12 a day or even the 3333 players doing $3 a day. I'm just playing the game and waiting for the multiplayer, anything additional should be very low entry to join :)

Hi @Robert

It looks like I confused the issue a little.  My fingers sometimes type faster than my mind works and what makes sense to me does not track with the reader,  My bad.  Just so you know my editors are my best friends.  Multiplayer, tournament, guilds and game designer should be free free free.  I want to be able to set up a castle, keep, dungeon, or shop of my own, in game, someday.  That would be cool.  It puts a new slant on in game assets.

My feeling was that 3333 players - the total number of people on the leader board is not a very large user community.  I suspect this is just SoG in it's infancy.  I have been playing a couple of months and am level 19 and just starting to get the hang of it.  I got a little help with cards from prerelease and bought a couple, just to see how BCY and BoO work.  My current quest is to blockchainize a card and put it up for sale.  My guess is when I get the work done I will not want to part with it.  I understand the desire to walk through the game, end to end, and keep advancing through the story line, I wanted to do that too.  My guess is that there is a different paradigm in play.  Collecting, fusing and trading cards versus game play/story telling.

I showed SoG to my son and daughter and got them to sign up.  I have a feeling they don't get it.  I shared SoG with one of my son's friends and he said "Oh I have played phone games."  You see they are all big WOW, Overwatch, HoTS, CSGO, etc.  players and have a different perspective or should I say expectations.  I was looking for a replacement for Solitaire.  Something  I can play when I want and doesn't involve red 6 on black 7.  SoG is a relief in that respect.

I raced to Sia with three stars too, hoping there was more.  I really don't mind grinding.  It helps me improve strategy and see different ways to play a scenario.  It was very stressful trying to advance the stars when my team was weak.  Now, I have fun spanking "The Purple Dragon."  I don't have the really hot decks that some players on the top of the leaderboard do.  Read about their team consists in this forum.  Wow.  I didn't know that those cards existed.  We will get there.  It really should be a lot of work to make a blockchainized card for sale.  I am trying to estimate the numbers, kind of hard to do, and see how much I can earn an hour.  Honestly when there are players with big fat purses and collectors who don't want to build cards but can afford to buy them the in game assets will, in my opinion, increase in value.  It only I had a crystal ball.

Mining bitcoin or altcoin can be done with a high end gaming machine when not in use.  My calculations above are "what if' our players turn there equipment toward mining, supporting the cryptocurrancy movement, and make a few bucks in the process.  It is really weird.  I tell my kids (college age) and even set up the Nicehash miner about this and they are apathetic.  I worked when I was young, shoveling snow, delivering papers, lawn mowing and odd jobs so my perspective on the value of a dollar is skewed.  Working at the deli or at night was okay but back then we didn't have a lot of money for computers and gaming / entertainment expense.  I use to ask my neighbor at work.  "Frank, why are we here?" he would reply "Born poor." As the French would say "C'est la vie."  I would have been all over a way to use existing equipment to make $250 a month with the push of a button.  Okay so take out the cost of electric and you are still up a couple of hundred.  My kids are idiots or spoiled rotten.  My bad, I guess.  Good news for me is that Bitcoin and altcoins are so hot now my machine jumped from $7 to $13.50 a day.  Nobody talks much about it and I probably shouldn't either.  More for me and F everyone else.  That is just not my way.  Reminds me of Monty Python:  "How do you know he is a king?" one peasant says to the other.  "He's not all covered in shit."  There was a long discussion afterward about the government, royalty, economics etc. 

Sry, got a bit off topic.

Pre release there was a button for Guild.  That might be fun.

I saw another active area  or button labeled [Multi Player], like the Challenge (which by the way I need a better team to play successfully) but didn't know how to qualify to play.  At the time I was just trying to get down the road and build up a team to capture stars so I didn't mind.  Every indication is that the multiplayer option is in the works.  Trouble is, even though I can beat most of the bosses, I still fail some of the time.  The game is pretty well balanced.  I wish I had unlimited stamina and could play whenever I want to but resource management is part of the challenge.  There is a lot behind Spells of Genesis.  I was happy that the initial launch went well.  We are reporting a few defects but other than the stamina sometimes not being paid for watching videos, (trying to debug an intermittent issue is a challenge) the release went smoothly from where I am sitting.  I have seen game launches just fall apart and ruin the reputation of the game. 

SoG is going to catch fire before long.  It almost has to being a front runner in presenting blockchain cards as in game assets.  As Bitcoin goes, so goes the rest of the community.  I read that a rising tide lifts all boats.  Wait for it.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Do you have blockchain cards?  Did you earn them or buy them?  Tournament is a way to get special cards, if you are good. I bet there will be one soon.  Hope so.

Have you had success buying and selling using the BoO?

Trade $ for bitcrystals using shapeshift or the exchange?

Share your experience, what you like and dislike with an eye toward attracting and helping new players enjoy SoG.  At least that is what I try to do.  It is a very happy side effect of playing the game, being involved in a community and encourages me to research and learn other topics.  One suggestion here was to make a wiki on the forum.  Do you know anything about that?  How to or if it can be set up?

What are you keen on?  More scenarios? 

Yea, multi player.  I got that.  What form do you see that play taking?  Ask a developer if you can be a beta tester.  :-)  Start a forum topic with your suggestions.

Good luck

Peace

15 hours ago, Eddy said:

Yea, multi player.  I got that.  What form do you see that play taking?  Ask a developer if you can be a beta tester.  :-)  Start a forum topic with your suggestions.

Good luck

Peace

here's my forum topic about multiplayer :)

@Robert asked " Can we submit more ideas for the multiplayer?"

Of course you can always submit ideas.  Sometimes it takes time for them to percolate through the system.  At least that has ben my experience.  SoG management, developers and support team are very open to player ideas and suggestions. 

I was playing in the pre release version.  Trying to climb the leader board and going crazy looking up stats in a sea of gamers.  I wrote a note documenting the issue or challenge I was having and suggested several alternatives.  Guess what.  They accepted the idea for a player to jump into their place in the leader board and it is in red.  Yippie!  Thanks guys I am thrilled to have made a good suggestion.  Life for all players got better, well at least those interested in the leader board. 

Some ideas will integrate easily and nicely to the existing game engine and philosophy and may be implemented.  Other ideas or suggestions may be considered for future releases or put on a priority list, working change requests and bug defects.  There is a lot going on behind the scenes.  My guess is some suggestions will not be able to be done, for technical reasons, they may break something, they might be outside the scope of SoG or frankly just plain dumb.  I have come up with a few of those myself.  The only bad question is the one that goes unasked.

If you have an idea or ideas for multi-player I suggest putting it up.  Try to pitch something that they can hit, is what I always say.  Draw a picture, make an outline, write it up in your own words.  Tell us what you like in multiplayer and definitely the kinds of things that break an app, more specifically why not to play.  Lag for instance.

I do not know about the schedule.  I'll leave that to a Forum Moderator or Administrator to answer.  I am, like you, one of the little fish.  In my heart I feel that SoG has a purpose. There is a similarity with Bitcoin in a way I have yet to put my finger on.  Store of value?  Transaction type cryptocurrancy?  How to scale up (SegWit)  can we make more scenarios for player?  Block size debate? More stories, features and functions requested for SoG.  There seem to be a lot of parallels.

I have to clean up the stories I was writing under the strategy thread but wanted to send you a note and extend an invitation to participate and thank you for your interest in improving the SoG multi-player effort.