BenRPG

Ideas for Future Levels

Since quite a few people have reached the final star on the final level currently available, I take this opportunity to throw in some suggestions for future levels. I encourage others to also post their ideas in this thread:

1. Fancy labyrinths where you need to do precise trick shots to even get the shot to the enemy. So the difficulty will more be to actually hit then to make lots of damage. Of course if you have a flame all nearby there are other ways to solve it. Increase the difficulty by making the walls out of black hole material.
  2. Bosses which are kind of in vehicles (box of non-spiky bricks), moving over the field where there is only a tiny window of opportunity to hit them as e.g. a small door/part opens up only once in each movement cycle.
  3. Zones to the left and right of the screen which let the shot pass through to the other side. This may be on the same high as the window where you shot in or on a different hight. E.g. I shoot into this window to the lower right and the shot comes out on the upper left. Or also from lower left to upper left and things. Cool levels can be designed like this I assume.
  4. Spawn barrels. Objects which can be destroyed which are not enemies as such, but where a new enemy will spawn after each x turns (enemy surfaces and is pushed to the side of the barrel/spawn point). So you e.g. don't have to even destroy it to win if you are fast enough. If you aren't fast enough you will have to think if it makes more sense to destroy the barrel or an existing enemy. There could also be a randomization regarding which enemy will spawn, how strong it is and how many turns it will take to attack.
  5. Levels that suppress any special abilities of cards.
  6. Levels in water, where the shots will have more friction, also see point 7
  7. Wind and Currents, making shots drift to one side or the other, maybe even circular winds (cyclones) in boss levels.
  8. Levels in Space with no friction, a black hole and many spiked walls. So you need to do a good trick shot and make sure it hits the black hole in the end or your card will die off spikes.
  9. Levels which are like a dark dungeon. Only a few torches to illuminate some objects, but others are in the dark and only visible once a shot flies there. Maybe even an enemy is hidden somewhere.
  10. This could be a level thing or a card thing: Split-Shot. So an object or item you can hit which will split your shot into two.

These are some ideas to begin with. I hope others will add to it and I will do so too as we go along.

Edited by BenRPG
  • Like 2

Just now, 420Smokers said:

How about a separate online app that allows players to create their own levels and submit them in exchange for some coins/gems

Basically a level editor. I would love that!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BenRPG said:

Basically a level editor. I would love that!

Yeah,  I bet would save the team loads of time as well with users generating levels and keep engagement up among people like you that clearly are addicted already! :P

• Like 2

Super Mario Maker is the best game. I don't bother making levels but playing people's creations is a lot of fun.

Two more:

Bags of Gold that pop up, if you hit them you get some amount of gold

These mushrooms you have in pinball machines. If you hit them they bounce the ball back accelerated and give you some points (gold?).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jasper Damman said:

Thanks for the great ideas. Quite some were not on our list yet. Keep them coming!

Glad to see that you are listening to the community. Motivating to post more ideas for sure.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2017 at 10:20 AM, BenRPG said:

Two more:

Bags of Gold that pop up, if you hit them you get some amount of gold

These mushrooms you have in pinball machines. If you hit them they bounce the ball back accelerated and give you some points (gold?).

Man, you have like...some amazing ideas...I could definately see them taking ALL those ideas you listed above....almost like you were supposed to be on the dev team lol.  

Regarding the barrels with timer/extra enemies, great idea, some could be randomized or some set to also give maybe random and/or fixed buffs depending on the stage.  So like instead of an enemy after a timer, a strength buff pops out when you either break the chest/barrel or a timer runs out.  Any buff applies of course in various combinations etc.  maybe it would be a gamble...could be enemy or gold or a buff etc. 

love your ideas, they would be great for some kind of async co op or dare I say even real time co op dungeons or raids etc.  depending on how many real players would make up a dungeon/raid group you could split the stamina cost between them, or the leader could pay and get extra rewards and also you might even have a seperate co op stamina pool.  Man the future possibilities seem endless.  Especially with how addictive the game already is.  I dont think I have EVER spent as much real money on a mobile game in my life...fact...I know I have not lol.  This kinda shit gets me excited, loving the community ideas and chats here.

Edited by Tychaeus
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tychaeus said:

Man, you have like...some amazing ideas...I could definately see them taking ALL those ideas you listed above....almost like you were supposed to be on the dev team lol.

Hehe thanks. I have one more: Black holes which cause you damage. Meaning if the ball is sucked in it will just drain you all the energy you have left.

41 minutes ago, Tychaeus said:

I dont think I have EVER spent as much real money on a mobile game in my life...fact...I know I have not lol.  This kinda shit gets me excited, loving the community ideas and chats here.

Yeah kind of the same. However, I still stink stamina refills are to expensive. One gem would be appropriate. Just out of curiosity, were you a crypto nerd before you started SoG or not? I ma kind of trying to find out if all the HC players came in from the crypto space or if "normal" people also get hoocked?

5 minutes ago, BenRPG said:

Hehe thanks. I have one more: Black holes which cause you damage. Meaning if the ball is sucked in it will just drain you all the energy you have left.

Oooh, yeah or they could like temporarily lessen your speed, cut one of your buffs in half or some such...sometimes ive got like 20 plus strength buffage invested into one character toward the end of a stage...cutting it down to 10 or five would suck lol.  OR...lol...be a real dick and give you diminishing returns on all buffs the rest of the fight lol....that would be a baaaad...hopefully way high end...boss enemy stage or something.  With ideas like these, things could get nasty, fun for co op!

9 minutes ago, BenRPG said:

Yeah kind of the same. However, I still stink stamina refills are to expensive. One gem would be appropriate. Just out of curiosity, were you a crypto nerd before you started SoG or not? I ma kind of trying to find out if all the HC players came in from the crypto space or if "normal" people also get hoocked?

9 minutes ago, BenRPG said:

I definately agree with ONE gem for refills, maaaaybe 2 after you reach a certain level since you are getting more stam for your buck, but yeah especially since I duuno about you, but I can burn 31 stamina in I dunno...10-20 minutes?  If that.  Also, think its bad now, during beta I think I remember at one point either the your level or the more stages you had unlocked, the more premium it cost you to refill...I remember doing it a few times for 1-2 currency then...3...then 5...lol imagine that.  So it could be worse id imagine...this morning I was doing well in challenge and the app closed on me at around 200 gold mark...I had just bought another $5 worth of premium lol....sent a message about that one.

as far as being a crypto nerd, no I had never before had interaction with crypto currency, except when it all just got started a i knew a few hippies that were miners and paid fractions of BTC to others to mine for them etc, never was interested in it.  That said,  I am not using any blockchain cards in game atm.  I have the freebie they sent to my BoO May 1st, but all my in game cards are better so Im not using it unless a daily quest requires a fire card, as my main deck has no fire in it.  I think there are plenty of players not using blockchain cards.  They are waaaay expensive even for the less impressive ones available.  I think the cheapest one ive seen amounted to at least $10-15 US dollars, and a decent one for around $25-50 US.  Id much rather spent that on premium currency playing the game more abd farming for massive 1-200 card draws like I enjoy 🤑

I like the feeling of getting that epic or legendary once or twice outta 150 card draws lol, and finishing up achievements for rewards.  I level up lower level cards just so I can turn them into elemental crystals and move toward completing the current achievments for dismantling into crystal and for number of card fusions.  I only have one piece of the last star left on the elemental crystal achievement at this point and usually when you complete one of the full stars you get a special reward like premium currency..so far 10 rewarded 4-5 times...bank...and maybe an epic or two and I think a Legendary.

Have levels require to be played by certain elements.

ie.

1 earth, 1 ice, 1 fire, 1 dark

2 ice, 2 water

3 fire, 1 ice

4 dark

etc.

This will require people to hold a good balance of all cards.

• Like 2