Sign in to follow this  
Robert

Multiplayer suggestions

So I was thinking about what I would want to see in the multiplayer. Or what is missing in other mobile games.

Created a google doc via the slack channels and here's the content so far (Thanks Daniel Brown(YMB)) (The original doc)

Feature requests:

Must haves:

• Search functionality

• Name (So I can search for friend and invite him to play against me)

• Level (or experience points)

• Push notification when someone wants to “challenge me”

• Dedicated ranking for multiplayer players

• Daily

• Weekly

• Monthly

• All time

• Decide on which “level” you are going to battle on

Should haves:

• Lose experience or ranking if you lose a battle

Wish Haves:

• 2 v 2 battles, whereby you and a friend can battle 2 other players

Possible Flow of Real-Time (Turn-Based) Multiplayer Play:

1. Player A is selected to start as the attacker (bottom of the screen, they can aim their shots)

2. Player D is the defender (the same as the AI in the current game, their moves will be taken automatically, just like the computer does now)

3. Player D gets to choose X cards to defend the field. X can be determined based on the current turn number, power-ups, or other factors

4. Optional: Player D can choose where to place his cards in the field? Maybe they can also place obstacles?

5. Player A chooses his 4 attacker cards and play begins.

NOTE: Steps 3-5 could either happen privately (at the same time) or publicly (in sequence). If card selection and/or obstacles are public, the second person to choose cards can use some strategy. Maybe players could alternate selecting one card at a time, so both sides can use strategy?

6. BATTLE: Player A attacks player D with the current gameplay mechanics.

7. Players swap sides and the steps repeat.

8. WINNING: Both players are eligible to win each turn, so maybe there are X rounds and each win is just a point? Players could learn about the opposing deck throughout the rounds and rethink their card selection if they’re losing. Or play could just continue to X points. Or there could be sideout scoring (like in volleyball) where only the attacking team can get a point.

Feel free to add more ideas.

maybe interesting for you: @Jasper Damman:)

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

Hi Robert!

Good to see you're involved with the game this much. And thanks for the ideas. We're close to launching asynchronous multiplayer, comparable to what you are suggesting.

How it will work is you will only actively take the role of attacker. You will be able to "attack" other players a limited amount of times per day. If you win, you will receive gold(based on your rank), and rankpoints. If you lose, you will lose rankpoints. If you have enough rankpoints you will "rank up" and be matched to stronger players. When you rank up you will also receive common+, rare+, epic+ and finally even legendary cards.

The levels are generated randomly(random level from a campaign) filled with the strongest cards of your opponent.

In this way both players don't need to be online at the same time, and you don't need to wait for the other player to challenge you.

A friendly multiplayer mode will not be present (might be considered later). But we have features in the pipeline where you can cooperate with friends while playing SoG.

Custom level design might come later, but it has a lot of implications. So we will focus on improving the game on other fields first

• Like 2

Hey :)

So whats the estimate time of launch for the multiplayer? june or later?

Can we submit more ideas for the multiplayer? What will you do with these ideas?

The asynchronous multiplayer (named "Raid") will be launched in our next update, along with 5 new campaigns and an updated tutorial. Depending on the approval of the publisher, it will be next week or the week after.

The multiplayer is currently quite defined as it is. But ideas are always welcome to improve it. I do read all suggestions on this forum, and note down the useful ones for future game improvements.

• Like 2