Jump to content
makosch

Spells of Genesis Progress Report - "Witch Hunters"

Recommended Posts

It’s been a month since Spells of Genesis has been released globally and it was a great success. We reached almost 17’000 downloads and are still working on new user acquisition and game promotion. Our developers have kept working hard in order to offer you new exciting features and content soon!

The build for the next release is ready and it is going to be amazing!

Our publisher thinks there is quite a big chance to be featured on the Appstore with our next game update, so we decided to postpone its release a bit to hit the right time slot and increase the possibility of being featured.

The next game update will be released on June 21st.

Multiplayer mode

tumblr_inline_oqv3qxaNC61t44dvb_500.png

 

“Raid” is the name for the new multiplayer mode. Raid is an asynchronous Player vs. Player (PvP) mode. You won’t play against another player in real time but you’ll choose your opponent among other players from the same PvP rank and the cards from their Team will represent your enemies.

 

tumblr_inline_oqv3zm57hY1t44dvb_540.png

 

If you win, you will gain some gold, points for Raid-rank and even more. In the highest ranks, you can win Epic and even Legendary cards!

If you lose, you will lose some points, but not gold.

There are currently 14 Raid ranks and the gold reward increases with each rank, as well as your element based bonuses and enemy boosts.

Five New Campaigns

We also have great news for those who’ve completed all the current campaigns and who have reached the Sia level. In the new build, you’ll discover 5 brand new campaigns, and others are planned for the next game update.

Tutorial

The tutorial has been completely revamped. All core features, such as crystallizing, leveling up and fusing, are now explained. This will help new players see and understand the deep underlying gameplay elements.

 

tumblr_inline_oqv3rbBm4H1t44dvb_500.png

 

tumblr_inline_oqv3riqj7Z1t44dvb_500.png

 

tumblr_inline_oqv3rqjVSq1t44dvb_500.png

 

If you don’t want to follow the tutorial you can quit it by opening the menu in the top-right corner and then pressing the button “Exit Tutorial”.

Game Experience Improvement

- new Raid and Challenge button directly on map

- better font in battle

- better background in gold reward

- better placement of value in card upgrade

- better sizing of text field for different languages

- better placement of campaign icon on map

- settings button now available on every screen (suggested by community)

- boost value displayed in challenge mode

- advance view in team page always by default

- quest and achievement progression value display corrected

- better collision with arena side in battle

- possibility to go to connexion screen from settings menu

- loads of bugs all around

Wicked Werewolf Planning

We still have plenty of work to do and it is difficult to decide which features to bring first, because we’re excited about all of them as you certainly are!

For the next sprint, the “Wicked Werewolf”, first we need to evaluate the time necessary to implement different features. Then we’ll decide which ones will be included in the next update.

For sure, we’re going to define the rules of in-game cards blockchainization.

Blockchainization Specification

Blockchainization of in-game cards is a big feature. Before implementing it in the game, we need to define precisely which cards, and in which conditions, can be tokenized, and also to review each step of the planned blockchainization procedure. Once we’ve decided the last details, we will schedule its implementation.


We’ll keep you updated with next planned features announcement. Please stay tuned!
    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Thanks for the announcement. Few questions regarding raid:

    1. How will the speed of my cards affect the turn orders of balls which will represent my cards? What's the formula there. For the fun of it I am going to take a guess: Number on ball = 5 - card speed.

    2. Will we have to lock-in a team? Can I use a team for challanging others, then change it so when others challange me its a different team?

    3. So will I challange someone and then the match is over, or ist it always a 1:1 match and the opponent will have to play against my same team as before?

    4. Will there just be one wave for a match?

    5. Stamina system for raid?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hello Ben,

    1. That is correct! 5 - card speed

    2. The team you have currently lined up, will be challenged by other players

    3. It is not a 1:1 match. You are matched randomly with someone within your rank, and other players are too. If you win, you gain gold and points, if you lose, you lose points.

    4. There will be 3 waves, just like normal levels.

    5. Yes. Your scout will "discover" the lair of another player every 3 hours. And then you can attack that player. You can hold up to 3 scout reports. So every 9 hours, you can challenge 3 players. This is completely separate from the other stamina system for single player campaigns, so it adds to the total game-play time ;).

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I imagine when your on "passive-defense" or what have you your freeze spell will give a speed penalty to the "active-offence". Just like the enemies do in campaign?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Great update. Besides the huge amount of players downloading the game.  Can you share more numbers that could be interesting :) ?

    Will there be a web multiplayer version?

    Will there be an update before the next game update?

    When will the wicked werewolf update be published?

    More news about Nova Crystalis?

    @makosch 

    Edited by Robert

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 6/2/2017 at 0:35 PM, Jasper Damman said:

    Hello Ben,

    1. That is correct! 5 - card speed

    2. The team you have currently lined up, will be challenged by other players

    3. It is not a 1:1 match. You are matched randomly with someone within your rank, and other players are too. If you win, you gain gold and points, if you lose, you lose points.

    4. There will be 3 waves, just like normal levels.

    5. Yes. Your scout will "discover" the lair of another player every 3 hours. And then you can attack that player. You can hold up to 3 scout reports. So every 9 hours, you can challenge 3 players. This is completely separate from the other stamina system for single player campaigns, so it adds to the total game-play time ;).

    I still have some questions:

    1. Does me loosing a game passively have any influence on my rank, stamina, or score?

    2. Is there a way to playtest how it is to play against my team? I assume in defense totally different strategies are working well then in offense. E.g. Speed is totally different in offense then defense. I am trying to find out if my team needs to be optimized for offense or also for defense. I also still don't understand if I can exchange the team between offense and defense. E.g. I play for a few minutes and use my offense setup and then exchange my team for defense so opponents will have a hard time winning against my team while I am asleep.

    3. How are 3 waves of enemies generated out of a team of 4 cards an opponent has? All three waves against the same enemies? Will there be additional enemies added on top of the opponents team?

    4. Ist Raid stamina refillable with gems?

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 01/06/2017 at 0:05 PM, makosch said:

    It’s been a month since Spells of Genesis has been released globally and it was a great success. We reached almost 17’000 downloads and are still working on new user acquisition and game promotion. Our developers have kept working hard in order to offer you new exciting features and content soon!

    The build for the next release is ready and it is going to be amazing!

    Our publisher thinks there is quite a big chance to be featured on the Appstore with our next game update, so we decided to postpone its release a bit to hit the right time slot and increase the possibility of being featured.

    The next game update will be released on June 21st.

    Multiplayer mode

    tumblr_inline_oqv3qxaNC61t44dvb_500.png

     

    “Raid” is the name for the new multiplayer mode. Raid is an asynchronous Player vs. Player (PvP) mode. You won’t play against another player in real time but you’ll choose your opponent among other players from the same PvP rank and the cards from their Team will represent your enemies.

     

    tumblr_inline_oqv3zm57hY1t44dvb_540.png

     

    If you win, you will gain some gold, points for Raid-rank and even more. In the highest ranks, you can win Epic and even Legendary cards!

    If you lose, you will lose some points, but not gold.

    There are currently 14 Raid ranks and the gold reward increases with each rank, as well as your element based bonuses and enemy boosts.

    Five New Campaigns

    We also have great news for those who’ve completed all the current campaigns and who have reached the Sia level. In the new build, you’ll discover 5 brand new campaigns, and others are planned for the next game update.

    Tutorial

    The tutorial has been completely revamped. All core features, such as crystallizing, leveling up and fusing, are now explained. This will help new players see and understand the deep underlying gameplay elements.

     

    tumblr_inline_oqv3rbBm4H1t44dvb_500.png

     

    tumblr_inline_oqv3riqj7Z1t44dvb_500.png

     

    tumblr_inline_oqv3rqjVSq1t44dvb_500.png

     

    If you don’t want to follow the tutorial you can quit it by opening the menu in the top-right corner and then pressing the button “Exit Tutorial”.

    Game Experience Improvement

    - new Raid and Challenge button directly on map

    - better font in battle

    - better background in gold reward

    - better placement of value in card upgrade

    - better sizing of text field for different languages

    - better placement of campaign icon on map

    - settings button now available on every screen (suggested by community)

    - boost value displayed in challenge mode

    - advance view in team page always by default

    - quest and achievement progression value display corrected

    - better collision with arena side in battle

    - possibility to go to connexion screen from settings menu

    - loads of bugs all around

    Wicked Werewolf Planning

    We still have plenty of work to do and it is difficult to decide which features to bring first, because we’re excited about all of them as you certainly are!

    For the next sprint, the “Wicked Werewolf”, first we need to evaluate the time necessary to implement different features. Then we’ll decide which ones will be included in the next update.

    For sure, we’re going to define the rules of in-game cards blockchainization.

    Blockchainization Specification

    Blockchainization of in-game cards is a big feature. Before implementing it in the game, we need to define precisely which cards, and in which conditions, can be tokenized, and also to review each step of the planned blockchainization procedure. Once we’ve decided the last details, we will schedule its implementation.


    We’ll keep you updated with next planned features announcement. Please stay tuned!

       


      As promised in our latest Progress Report we're back with an update for the Wicked Wirewolf sprint. Our developers evaluated the importance and the difficulty of implementation of several features and have chosen the following ones for the next sprint.

      Book of Orbs Integration

      Thanks to a new BoO button which will be integrated directly in SoG you'll be able to access your wallet in one click, or download the wallet app to your device, and then easily link your wallet to your game account.

      Askian Achievement

      A new achievement, an extra goal to work towards and - more rewards!
      According to the total amount of stars you'll achieved, you'll get a random card of different rarity.

      Seven-star Campaigns

      The total amount of stars for each campaign will increase from 3 to 7. You'll also get a specific card per star you'll achieved. The card preview will be available in the campaign menu and the card rarity will be higher for achieving higher stars.


      image

      A game update containing the features described above will be released in July.

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      On 06/06/2017 at 8:56 PM, Robert said:

      Great update. Besides the huge amount of players downloading the game.  Can you share more numbers that could be interesting :) ?

      Will there be a web multiplayer version?

      Will there be an update before the next game update?

      When will the wicked werewolf update be published?

      More news about Nova Crystalis?

      @makosch 

      Nova Crystalis - more details will be revealed during the event...

      • Like 1

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Five New Campaigns*

      Let me get it right.

      5 new Campaigns will be ONLY available for those who have reached Sia and ended Campaigns with 3star or even 1? What about others, who have not Reached Sia? 

      Edited by Windblaze

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      34 minutes ago, Windblaze said:

      Five New Campaigns*

      Let me get it right.

      5 new Campaigns will be ONLY available for those who have reached Sia and ended Campaigns with 3star or even 1? What about others, who have not Reached Sia? 

      Others who had not reach Sia should try to reach Sia first before new campaigns will open for them :)

      Play, summon, play, summon!

      Edited by Febo

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      25 minutes ago, Febo said:

      Others who had not reach Sia should try to reach Sia first before new campaigns will open for them :)

      Play, summon, play, summon!

      Multiplayer is God ?

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      1 hour ago, ANG said:

      Multiplayer is God ?

      Yes I intend to be the multiplayer god ;-)

       

      It is working it seems. Just updated my app.

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      I just ran into CDEX.. wow

      druids, and anonymous. 

      I also ran into a satoshi and satoshiite team. that was tricky

      the power of blockchain is REAL!

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      3 hours ago, Febo said:

      Others who had not reach Sia should try to reach Sia first before new campaigns will open for them :)

      Play, summon, play, summon!

      Uuuuh....lol....exactly.  Why on earth would you just suddenly get a free pass forward?  I don't even...know how one should respond to such a question haha.

      🤓

      d'oh...just saw the earnest "thank you," in response to Febo....errr...my bad...you were honestly asking.

      Edited by Tychaeus

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Are there new cards now? I have just received an epic called "Card Merchant: South". Never seen this before ever although I have received many epics multiple times before. Anyone know?

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Nah, I have a dual fused card merchant. Had it for a good while too, just need one more in fact to have him quad fused 😁 Which means he has dropped for me 3 times total so far.IMG_0091.thumb.PNG.f18970c704fdf793a467fdbde9218acf.PNG

      Edited by Tychaeus

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      OK, just a coincidence then. Stochastics. I just got my 4th legendary of the same type, but the first epic of this type.

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      On 6/21/2017 at 8:33 AM, Overtime said:

      I just ran into CDEX.. wow

      druids, and anonymous. 

      I also ran into a satoshi and satoshiite team. that was tricky

      the power of blockchain is REAL!

      ha, did i beat you? it would be nice to be rewarded when offline if someone raids you and loses.

      Edited by cdex

      Share this post


      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Create an account or sign in to comment

      You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

      Create an account

      Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

      Register a new account

      Sign in

      Already have an account? Sign in here.

      Sign In Now

      ×