The leaderboard is a great source of Information. I can't access it automatically or at least see all entries on one page. One could in theory track every single player and always see how large the active playerbase is defined by certain terms.

The growth in ≥100'000 was quite remarkable in those 6 days. Players I would consider new have grown by 137. Not bad actually.

Capture.JPG

Edited by BenRPG

Hello,

---

I'm a web developer and SOG player, 

I would like (i'm going to) create robot that crawl the leaderboard page of spellsofgenesis website (something like each hour) and store results in database.

Actually, I don't know what to do with this (I thought about some figures or user stats like velocity etc..).

If you want, I could share you this data.

(EDIT: I have to ask to Everdreamsoft if they agree with this before)
---

That was a bit off-topic, Actually I have 93'000 point, one more player at 100k soon :D

Nolan

Edited by Nolan
change "developer" by "a web developer" that was too ambigus.
  • Like 2

@Nolan Nothing is off topic in a trollbox ;-)

Sure would be very much interrested in the raw data or also in your analysis of course. I was under the assumption you guys would have this implemented already as these are probably your most important metrics appart from sales. Maybe I misunderstood and you are a dev but not EDS dev.

Exactly, to be clear i'm developer but I'm not working for EDS :P.

I'm personally interested by the types of information we could extract of this data, 

The question "What is the real rank I can claim on the leaderboard with my game time" or "What is my score evolution through the time", etc..

And finally it is a good and interested exercice for me to develop tools like that, pretty funny :D 

• Like 1

OK nice. I just don't see why they would oppose it. If they did, they would have to change their leaderboard not to show all this data since it is currently publicly available. Getting a Snapshot every day would be awesome. There is so much Info to be harvested there.

• Like 1

Hey, I just start the robot right now, it will crawl leaderboard every hours since now.

I will try to build an interface that shows some meaningful graphics with this data.

@BenRPG do you want some specific informations, specific graphics you would like ?

Edited by Nolan
  • Like 2

* Table: Leaderboard for different time frames, as you mentioned.

* Chart: Total activity (gold/score) grinded over different time frames, e.g. per week, day, month.

* Chart: Number of players active in different time frames.

* Analysis: Most engaged players (e.g. have at least played once a week and once a day).

* Chart: Single player, score growth curve over time.

* Analysis: How many new players a day? based maybe on some criteria, like account age and score.

* How many accounts opened per day.

• Like 1

One more: Stacked Chart to total: How many players have reached the different score levels as of in my first post. Maybe add 10mio too.

Edit: And thanks. Looking forward to some data.

Edited by BenRPG
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Nolan said:

Hey, I just start the robot right now, it will crawl leaderboard every hours since now.

I will try to build an interface that shows some meaningful graphics with this data.

@BenRPG do you want some specific informations, specific graphics you would like ?

thanks in advance for your free work !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nolan said:

Appreciate this a lot! Number of players in the last 3 days would be nice to see :)

make a prototype -> feedback -> repeat :) 

• Like 1

On 13/06/2017 at 0:30 PM, ANG said:

when the data, will be public ?

Hello,
sorry for the delay,

Actually the bot still crawling the leaderboard
and I'm looking for the better way to expose this data.

I will show you a prototype as soon as possible.

have a nice day :D

Nolan

• Like 2

Next snapshot. Still a lot of room for more growth but I think it's not too bad regarding the fact that I think there is basically no advertising except for word of mouth.

Capture.JPG

2 hours ago, Nolan said:

Hello,
sorry for the delay,

Actually the bot still crawling the leaderboard
and I'm looking for the better way to expose this data.

I will show you a prototype as soon as possible.

have a nice day :D

Nolan

no sorry needed, u sure the bot is crawling correctly?

Possibility of creating a pubic api / json / csv so other can do some D3 magic? 

10 hours ago, BenRPG said:

Capture.JPG

Hey @BenRPG , 1. where did you get these numbers? what do these numbers tell us? I see some dates of weeks (y axis) and on the x axis something with 1000(000). Then I see some numbers, somewhat increasing in some columns downwards, but it's not clear actually what it means :) 

Thanks

Edited by Robert

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Hey @BenRPG , 1. where did you get these numbers? what do these numbers tell us? I see some dates of weeks (y axis) and on the x axis something with 1000(000). Then I see some numbers, somewhat increasing in some columns downwards, but it's not clear actually what it means :) 

Thanks

Columns are 1. Date of me looking at the board. 1. Players with less than 1000 points. This includes all players, also the ones of higher point categories. I just realize "<1000" is the wrong label. Misleading. It's basically total number of accounts. 3. Players with 1000 points or more. 4. Players with 10000 points or more 5. players with 100000 points or more. 6. players with 1000000 points or more.

If you want to know how many players are between e.g. 1000 and 10000 points you will need to use the magic of subtraction to get the number. My idea was to eventually make a chart which shows the categories stacked onto each other. So basically 0-1000 points at the base, then 1000-10000 on top and so on.

My idea was to get a feeling for how much the SoG player base is growing over time. Is it linear? Exponential? is activity increasing? Decreasing? See the comments above to see some ideas I shared with @Nolan as to what would be nice to extract from a continuous leader board snapshoting.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Robert said:

Nice diagram. Oh and those colors :) 

Excel defaults... Sorry about posting the pic twice, but it seems once one it posted it can no longer be removed.