Tychaeus

No reward for new boss 3 star clear NOR all campaign 3 star completion?!

Hopefully I am jumping the gun again here, and maybe this us just a bug?  But I have 3 star completed all the new campaigns and bosses and there are no new rewards for doing such, like in the previous campaigns?!  That doesn't seem like the greatest design decision at all....is this just me?  Anyone else DID get rewards for campaign/boss completion...at least at the 3 star mark??

Did you guys finish the campaign in the old client already? I also didn't get anything for finishing the new one but was under the impression that was because I received rewards already for finishing the old one.

Yeah, but that was for THAT campaign AND Sia 3 star complete.  I could even understand no reward for campaign...pft...i guess...but no excuse for nothing for 3 star completion on new boss.  I guess I can wait till I get rank 14 "pvp" and hope for some nice ONE time im sure...card...which would be fine lol...if they didn't take away the other reward mechanisms....sigh...I had sooo much looove for this game...helped promote it to the nth degree even.  Im not out yet, wait till next week or maybe july update to see...maybe not all this is as intended...ive been guilty of calling it wrong before for sure.

1 hour ago, Tychaeus said:

Yeah, but that was for THAT campaign AND Sia 3 star complete.  I could even understand no reward for campaign...pft...i guess...but no excuse for nothing for 3 star completion on new boss.  I guess I can wait till I get rank 14 "pvp" and hope for some nice ONE time im sure...card...which would be fine lol...if they didn't take away the other reward mechanisms....sigh...I had sooo much looove for this game...helped promote it to the nth degree even.  Im not out yet, wait till next week or maybe july update to see...maybe not all this is as intended...ive been guilty of calling it wrong before for sure.

You get a legandary for reaching rank 14 (also known as "Ge") in PvP. That all works fine. However, when you want to go to 15, you just start again with empty 14. You do not get the 10 cards indicated for completion.

I figured.  Have you already reached rank 14 or 15?!  Hoooow?!  I have played every single raid available to me since it started minus maaaaybe 1-2 because I wasn't efficient with it for like...a day.  I am only at PvP rank 6....you know I've been checking it every friggin hour even though I know its only 1 every 3 hours lol.  I have won every match...hasn't even been close yet.  Have you had any actual challenging raids yet?

also..."Ge?"

Edited by Tychaeus

14 minutes ago, Tychaeus said:

I figured.  Have you already reached rank 14 or 15?!  Hoooow?!  I have played every single raid available to me since it started minus maaaaybe 1-2 because I wasn't efficient with it for like...a day.  I am only at PvP rank 6....you know I've been checking it every friggin hour even though I know its only 1 every 3 hours lol.  I have won every match...hasn't even been close yet.  Have you had any actual challenging raids yet?

also..."Ge?"

Yes I have rank 14. Ranks above 10 have strange letters when shown in Raid screen. See screenshots.

There was an exploit they have meanwhile fixed. Not sure if by themselves or because I have contacted @Jasper Damman. since it doesn't work any more, I may as well talk about it publicly. This is the message I sent to him:

Dear Jasper

Writing this in private as it contains info about an exploit & some bugs:

1. There is a infinite raid stamina exploit. It is easy to find and I assume many others will find it too. If you check your logs, you should find it.

2. Raid rank loss can be prevented by just quitting the battle before loosing.

3. PvP level in Raid screen show as "Br" "Si" "Go" "Ge" for levels 11, 12, 13 and 14 respectively.

4. When rank 14 ("Ge") is reached (after the legendary card price) and subsequently level 14 is fully leveled up, it just starts all over at level 14. No message, no level gain, no 10 card price as indicated. No higher rank than 14 can be achieved. I have tried to go over 14 twice and same behavior.

5. I think you still have some test accounts life or something. I played against the same 3 users all the time. they seemed to have leveled with me to a certain extent. At first I thought they also found the stamina exploit and are playing. Later I was under the impression that these just kind of leveled with me a bit. As if in the backend The partners for the match ups are invented to a certain extent.

Strongest: BiggJayy: Satoshi, CCM, the works. only managed to beat him about 80% of the battles.
Weak: TestSeb: Seems to play an empty deck or so or just unevoloved commons. Has a high rank like 8 or so.
Low rank but better cards than TestSeb: whitecrystal: semi decent deck.

6. I noticed that the enemy balls do not behave like I would expect them to. If I am in a Raid with let's say a all white cards get a bonus effect, an neither me nor my opponent have white cards in the deck I expect that cards have their normal strengths and abilities. However, if I have a CCM card and the enemy has one two, he can destroy my CCM card by shooting at mine. If I shoot at him and make sure he has the -9 effect on it, I don't kill it. I should make 15 damage to an orb that has 13 life. I expect it to die. Is that a bug? I think it is. If I play an opponent, I want my card knowledge to help me with the strategy, so I know I can destroy the CCM card, make sure it has the effect, shoot at it and see it doesn't die. It just give a feel of randomness to the whole thing.

That's it. You can thank me later.

BenRPG

And yes, I have lost in Raid, and you loose a lot of points if you loose against a significantly weaker enemy. Hence I found out about point 2 above. I assume that the accounts I mentioned in the above message in point 5 are sock-puppets to a certain extent. I was first under the impression that these were other players but the way they conveniently seemed to level with me seemed strange. I think the effects notices in point 6 are specially annoying. Kills lot's of the strategy that could be applied in the game.

Regarding your questions if I have lost. Now this @BiggJayy mentioned above is even level 10 and gives me a very very hard time. CCMCARD is hard to fight against as it shoots after 2 shots and is significantly stronger than what I would expect by knowing the card. See point 6.

I once wanted to check out the scores of the players mentioned above int he leader board but never got to do it so far...

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by BenRPG
  • Like 1

Yeah, I have been suspicious of this whole supposed pvp system, because i have not seen any recognizable names...not one yet.  And I DO peruse the leaderboard, at least the first page regulary.  I also every once in a while scroll to bottom and hit the highest numver page just to get an estimate of how many players we have now.  I did remember seeing a post though by some that said they had run across some page one leaderboard names etc...recognizable names to me right off the bat.  So, I dunno...maybe some ARE false fillers to maybe behave as difficulty walls?  But apparently there is some true async...eh....ish...ness...going on lol.  I kinda had grander expectations for the raid mode though, especially after some of those brain-storming posts we had with some interesting mechanics suggested mainly by yourself and CDEX I think maybe.  Though, that could have been consideration more so for future content beyond raid.  And...a certain amount of "live n learn" might be afforded.  I KNOW they can do better though as far as new interesting modes.

Edit: finally saw some familiar names from leaderboard like "playernumber8" and one or two other i knew right away...by the way...I STOMPED you...player 8...and...other page one leaderboard peeps I cant recall atm...pfft...git gud...

😜

Edited by Tychaeus

Oh, by the way...I noticed your fusion achievements only has the first star fully completed...you might considered just fusing a ton of common cards to further the achievement because like the other achievement for breaking down cards into elemental crystals...at certain points on the achievement star you get epic and legendary card rewards.  You probably realize this, but thought I would mention in case you did not 🤓

Erm...sorry i'm so talkative this morning, but I also need some clarification on the whole "boost" mechanic.  I've never noticed this until after the patch (or never knew about it) I noticed it at the top of challenge mode "boost," and moderate, maximum, etc....what does this indicate?  Is it a boost to speed?

The whole boost things is kind of unclear to me as well. I was under the impression that at first I gut 5 points per fight. Then i started noticing the boost thing. I checked and always got 10 points, no matter what. I think loosing caused me to loose 30 once. (3-4 ranks lower player). In gaining points I never noticed a difference 10 points.

Let us start a thread an think of a possible PvP mechanic which is round based but sit in vs. So kind of real time. This is what this game needs. This is what engages players. It needs a firendly PvP that does not cost stamina and is just free too play. Then of course "official" vs. can also be played, maybe with a price. Not even MTGO charges for playing fiendly against each other.

I have some vague ideas of a potential concept. Will sketch them once and post.

• Like 1

Hey, but the boost mechanic is now present in Challenge mode, not just pvp...so prolly has nothing to do with a pvp rank/point boost right?  In challenge i thought maybe a boost to dmg...nope...maybe boost to speed....too vague of feedback for me to tell....wtf is a boost!? Lol

That would make sense, but ive looked for signs of such enhancements to health, and closely observed if my orbs had a dmg increase when it says any kind of boost at the top of the screen and no difference is seen in either.  These kind of things need to be PLAINLY spelled out....ppl are not going to just KNOW this or wth it is through ozmosis.  Why devs don't have ANY explanations of underlying mechanics, and before this patch even basic stuff like leveling cards and fusing... is ab....so....luuuutely beyond me.   Seems like you would want your game to be as accessible as possible.  I mean...till now...ive figured everything else out...cuz im just pro like that 🤓  😜

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Let me clarify some questions asked here:

@Tychaeus There is no card reward for completing campaign 21-25. The card reward you got for campaign 20 was due to an old achievement and will be taken out soon(so the current players were lucky ;)). We are working on a new achievement to replace that one though, with epic and legendary cards as rewards as well. This achievement is based on the total amount of stars you collected in campaigns. Once we implement it, you'll get a lot of card right away due to your progression.

@BenRPG Thank you for your report about the exploit. It is very unfortunate that this was possible and we apologize, our QA missed that one.

The 4 latest ranks are Br(Bronze, Si(Silver, Go(Gold) and Ge(Genesis). We will investigate the genesis reward.

The boost indicate the boost the enemy receives to their stats. We also implemented this in the challenge, to make sure the levels are challenging enough. The bigger the boost, the more % the enemies' attack, health and spellpower are increased. Thank you for the feedback that it was not clear.

About the accounts, we are not using fake/generated accounts. We do have a few test accounts of our own, but these are not high in rank.

When you win a game, you will always get 10 rank points. If you lose a game, you lose rank points. The amount of rank points you lose depends on your rank(the higher your rank, the more points you lose).

Regarding the ideas about a synchronous pvp, I agree that it sounds really interesting and feel free to post your ideas, we read them. Unfortunately synchronous pvp brings a lot of implications to the table regarding design and development work. Also we need a very solid user base(substantial growth is needed for this, only the big boys in the industry really pull it off) as players of the same skill should be online at the same time, and real-time on mobile is not always ideal (bad connections, social interruptions etc.). We are not saying we won't ever do it, but right now we need to focus on rolling out the features we already have in the pipeline, as well as improving the current features. We are looking at more social types of gameplay, 

Good thing is that everybody has ideas, and there is a lot of room for new exciting gameplay and features, and improvements for years to come. Seeing how much the core gameplay is appreciated, we think SoG has a lot of long-term potential.

I hope this clarified your questions, feel free to ask more if you have them.

• Like 2

Awesome, yes...all that info absolutely helps.  Its funny...because I swear to you...I was just playing challenge and the exact idea of boost indicating enemy increase in power and health etc popped in my head finally haha.  Then immediately after that match checked my email and confirmed that thought.  Though...not totally clear why exactly that indicator would be needed as...I dunno about most but during challenge mode I am trying to hardest/best every single round anyway lol...at least past the 150-200 gold mark I am.  Nice to have a warning, though I wish I had some single use or limited time use....hrm...item...armor...potion...extra spell of some sort...to try to help counter when the enemy gets a buff...that could make things interesting 🤓

Either way, thanks for the response!  Love hearing that SoG has long term potential and looooove that you guys are trying to gear toward more social gameplay types! THAT is definately a step in the right direction..imho at least.

1 hour ago, Jasper Damman said:

Regarding the ideas about a synchronous pvp, I agree that it sounds really interesting and feel free to post your ideas, we read them. Unfortunately synchronous pvp brings a lot of implications to the table regarding design and development work. 

Hi, i have some ideas regarding asynchronous PVP, little improvement that probably will make PVP more competitive, but without making it fully synchronous(that would be great, but as a programmer i know how hard it can be). So, lets say that we have PvP in the form we have it right now. I'll add Home PVP rank and Away PVP rank(you attack someone, and someone attacks you). Then if someone attacks you, you do not have to play the game right now, but everything what was during the battle is recorded(.avi file? or just sets of variables describing fight, which can be replayed, and you can watch it when you log in to the game). This can spice the game, because players can compose different sets for away and home battles. You can watch how your deck was doing in Away PVP, and after you use all your stamina, you change your deck to another "deffensive" one, that do better in Away fights and log out. I hope you understood my idea, I'm not native eng speaker.

• Like 1

Or maybe have kind of a match up like they have for these quizz games. You fight player A and later player A fights yout team(locked in for the match up). If there is a draw both win 5 points. If one player wins both games he gains 10 and the other looses 10 or so.

Anyway when I have an Idea crafted for a more round based PvP I let you all know. It's not that easy since the cards behave differently in offense and defense.

• Like 1

Thank you for the ideas!

Indeed a defensive pvp would be a logical next step. We are considering that as well. But if we do something like that, we would also need the functionality of players designing their defensive levels (or placing enemies on pre-defined spaces at least). Because having a randomly generated defensive level on which you are ranked up/down is not really fair. Defensive level design brings some balance/design challenges as well.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 1:13 PM, Tychaeus said:

Oh, by the way...I noticed your fusion achievements only has the first star fully completed...you might considered just fusing a ton of common cards to further the achievement because like the other achievement for breaking down cards into elemental crystals...at certain points on the achievement star you get epic and legendary card rewards.  You probably realize this, but thought I would mention in case you did not 🤓

Hmmm, I always thought that I for sure would not want to do that. But looking at the costs of it again here, I think fusing a common up to quad fused and crystallizing again costs only 4 cards, for 3 fusion target events. So I will do it. I was always assuming that that would use up some of my beloved crystals, but it only costs 4 crystals (commons)? I will start right away. Isn't that a bit of a balancing problem..?

Edited by BenRPG

Yeah its only 40 per fusion with the commons.  I only Have 2 pieces of the last star left to complete the fusion achievement.  Although I slowed down a bit recently to fully upgrade my legendary healer and now I have two other epics I can quad fuse so I'm working on those now.