Tychaeus

Changes to Challenge Mode

So, before the new content, in challenge mode...specifically with my "Strength All" spell I could get each of my cards increased strength X's 5 THREE times before it started taking off 5 of the extra 15 strength that had been added.  If I played carefully and made sure I could cast the spell at the beginning of each round I could basically keep the 15.  Now...I am unable to EVEN get to the plus 15.  So now I basically only have the benefit of plus 5, and if very careful and casting the spell right off the bat at the beginning of each round I can have plus 10.   GUYS....Cmon!  This was barely viable before allowing me to barely scratch the surfice of lvl 31 or 32....around 450-540...if lucky even...gold for a challenge mode.  This makes what was one of the best cards I have...not nearly as great.  AND....makes challenge mode just not worth attempting for players who use in-game cards/decks only....because I am sure the card I am referring to is not the only one affected.  Since I am not using blockchain cards...I absolutely understand I will be at a disadvantage....but cmon....is it fair to even FURTHER handicap us non-blockchain card users?!

So what changed exactly? Not sure if you are complaining about a card which was made weaker or challange made harder. Sould probably try challange myself again.

Looks like the strength buffs only last two rounds in challenge mode now. They used to last three rounds. This nerfs the MAMAGRUN/BITCOINISTCD deck that made it fairly easy to get pretty far in challenge mode.

I personally think the nerf was justified, having used the deck myself.

Maybe for the super powerful blockchain cards, but I am using in game cards only, so I could barely get very far anyways...I think changes based on super powerful blockchain cards shouldnt necessarily be accross the board or affect regular non-block chain cards...maybe?  I dunno, it just sucks because I had just got to the point where challenge mode was even viable or efficient for me, now its just not at alll worth doing.

If it makes you feel any better, I can't get much past level 33 with blockchain cards.

The issue for me is I don't want people to be forced to grind challenge mode, it makes the game too tedious. My suggestion is to not give a gold reward for challenge mode, but have a ranking system based on how far people get. Maybe have a seasonal ladder. But it should not be the grind fest it is today. It's too time intensive and I have no choice but to do it if I want the best gold/stam ratio.

• Like 1

Yeah, absolutely.  I agree, I think other rewards or some kind of seasonal ladder is a great idea.  It would instill some ACTUAL competition as apposed to the "PvP" recently implemented.  I havent even seen anyone I recognize from the leaderboard in Raid yet 😕

Also the only reason I said anything about blockchain is i have seen others at level like 70-80 it seems like in a few snap shots here.... thats prolly unrealistic though as im sure those were super expensive decks.  I just felt like...content that I could get 400-500 gold out of it sometimes lol.  I did manage 460 today, but thats rare since they nerfed my...literally best legendary....and that card took me since launch till right before the update to even get dual fused...ah well...easy come easy go I s'pose....and the nature of any online game these days.

Edit: 450 or 460 seems less and less rare i guess, but I hit a damn hard wall every time at that same spot, where before sometimes I would move past this wall as far as 540, i think highest was right near 700 or right at it.

Edited by Tychaeus
  • Like 1

They have to make it advantageous to purchase Blockchain cards. Some will play for it. Some will purchase it. Hope we get to 100,000 players. Any guess on when we hit that target? End July? Already BOO is much more active that a week back.

So do the spells of the light cards al last 2 rounds now, in Raid, Campain and Challange?

Was hoping to quad fuse this trident queen one day. Now I am not so sure.... Light spells did feel quite imbalanced I must admit.

• Like 1

Yes this changed. I bought 2 satoshi lites a few weeks ago and only recently upgraded them all the way for +18 strength max. Now it's +12.

It was overpowered (that's why I bought them) but a little waste of money now.

• Like 1

And even though I havent spent most likey...upwards of $100 or more for a blockchain deck...I sure AS HELL have spent upwards of $75-80 on premium currency to play enough to be top 5 rank....purely because I had faith that...even if you had to have THE most amazing cards in the game....non-blockchain decks could be viable.  I WAS right....now I....and surprisingly even blockchainers apparently have spent hard earned money in good faith only to have them nerfed....and why...I presume...too many complaints from shareholders?!  THAT....is NOT...myyyyy problem.  Im sorry, and I know I've had some negative things to say since the update....but this is  poor business.  They are pandering....NO rewards whatsoever for EVEN the final campaign completed at 3 stars NOR for all complete with 3 stars when it was standard practice since beta?!  Then nerfing even blockchain cards to PUSH ppl into the blockchain market?  Blockchain cards and just purchasing and selling them costs high dollar... a SINGLE worthwhile card is upwards of $50-65....  I guarantee I won't be purchasing blockchain at those ridiculous prices...especially when it already can be expensive if you want to play the game normally for longer than 10 minutes.  I'm even more put off because I really like the game, but feel the voice in the back of my mind starting to tell me to baaaaail.

18 minutes ago, wachtwoord said:

Yes this changed. I bought 2 satoshi lites a few weeks ago and only recently upgraded them all the way for +18 strength max. Now it's +12.

It was overpowered (that's why I bought them) but a little waste of money now.

Exactly...thats WHY you bought them...and isnt THAT the benefit of spending....who KNOWS how much...im sure more than $50 per card with it being such a good one (I won't even ask)....that you get that extra badass card?!  Thats crap man.

214 and 230 BCY at the time (you can buy them for 175 now, or sell for 90).

I also knew rules can change in a game this early though so I guess it's all fair game :)

Not sure how much US dollars that amounts to, but yeah, sure rules can change I understand that...I dunno its just deflating my interest I guess...and it just makes me sad more than anything.

2 hours ago, BenRPG said:

So do the spells of the light cards al last 2 rounds now, in Raid, Campain and Challange?

Was hoping to quad fuse this trident queen one day. Now I am not so sure.... Light spells did feel quite imbalanced I must admit.

Hah...I am trying to get a quad fuse trident...are you talking a blockchain version or the merman's trident?  I am literally one more card away from the quad.  Also, just got a new legendary I've NEVER pulled till now...but I've seen it in the app store screen shots.  Its a tad below viable atm, but I'm sure dual fuse itll be a flame all card.

oh...wait...you don't fuse blockchain cards eh?  Thats right.

IMG_0096.PNG

IMG_0097.PNG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tychaeus said:

Man, I really love the card art/style...all the cards...definately talented artists.

Me too, love these artworks.

I do understand your previous rant 100% thought. I have written a long time ago here, that I think stamina needs to be made cheaper (1 gem per refill). As you mentioned to be able to play more than 10min you pay top dollar. I think the game is very very appealing, also to kids, moms and whoever. The problem is you don't get hooked if you can't play it a lot, especially in the beginning. This was very frustrating for me even and I can afford to play this game if I choose to.

I think the card packs and maybe even the BC cards are fine. Most BC cards are priced by the free market anyway, so EDS can't do much here.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree.  I remember seeing said post, I definately agree.  I think it used to be worse even though...like the higher your lvl the more it cost to refill your stamina...hah...least they didn't stick with that.  I also think the booster pack costs are fair, and even block chain cards as they are like that premium boost forward a player can chose to pay if desired...especially since the in game cards ate still so awesome...imo..just hope they don't make a habit of nerfing them.

they should consider lowering the cost of stamina refill OR the cost of purchasing the premium currency...though...We do get the free currency for registering, and at this point at least 3-5 achievement rewards of 10 premium....gah...its almost just enough yet just short lol. Sneaky bastards.

course...no one knows that really upfront...you have to complete a few achievements to get to that point.

Edited by Tychaeus

one problem i see with 1 gem stamina refill is that there is already very little point spending 45 gems for 3 cards (1 epic) when the same 45 gems gives you 22 refills which could easily net you 20000 gold and 200 cards, should get more than 1 epic and much more crystals for upgrading

• Like 1

If you fell other spells are better use them. You do not need to really on Add sterenght cards. I just got my second Legendary card. When i look your deck with 7-10 i just see how lucky I will be somewhere else. YAY!