Tychaeus

You guys REALLY need to tweak challenge mode again.

Seriously, if challenge mode wasn't already bad enough before...it's absolutely ridiculous now.  Even just in the past few days, did you guys tweak it again!?  Cuz it seems like its EVEN more unforgiving than immediately after the recent update.  I wish we could see how many players actually engage in challenge mode, how often, and how many waves each are able to actually complete.  My bet is not many engage in it, and if they do it's pretty seldom.  Before the recent update it was barely worth engaging in rather than just farming Sia over and over again...due to the very minor stamina cost difference and the length of time it takes to do a challenge mode....which would be absolutely fine with me actually if I could ever get more than 350-400 gold from it...but thats almost never.  Challenge mode REALLY needs a different purpose or place in the core game, I mean....do ANY players disagree with me?  Whether you play with an all blockchain deck or not...it's frustrating and not worth the time, stamina cost, and I'm sure for most...the reward.  I have 3 legendaries, one dual fuse, one quad, the last unfused Apprentice of Aodh, and a fully fused Itlan hero...epic card as my main go to usual deck...sometimes swapping out Aodh for another card with 2 or 3 speed which can help sometimes but only VERY minimally.....and like I said barely ever get beyond wave 29-30.  Especially since they nerfed light (str) cards....might I add....ONLY FOR CHALLENGE MODE...that alone is just lame.  Previous to this nerf at least I could get a pretty regular 450 gold payout, and sometimes I got lucky or just did well and at max got somewhere around the 540-580 gold mark.  I was honestly pretty ok with that, I know I'm not gonna get too much further than that and blockchain decks SHOULD get further...hell most blockchain decks I'm sure have invested more than enough to deserve to be able to make a killing in challenge.  But I have invested a good deal too in premium currency just to be able to keep playing as much as I like, and have dedicated a lot to get the deck and deck options I have which is really becoming pretty nice/substantial for non-blockchain only cards...I think I have earned the right to get somewhere in the current end game...and I was...at least good enough for me...until they nerfed the best card I have and in the ONLY mode that it actually really counts....this just seems petty to me..and a bad move/design decision.  I'm not trying to whine too much here...I mean...I can just keep farming Sia I guess...but challenge mode used to be a nice departure from that monotony and was some nice random enemy makeup kinda gameplay...also...fun to have SOMETHING more than three waves only...on a side note I think it woulda been neat to mix up the number of waves in various missions throughout the rest of the campaign too...but I digress.

I am far from the only player that has issues with challenge mode I know, various posts have mentioned as much recently, yet I have not seen any admin or dev say ONE thing concerning this recent light card nerf (only challenge mode) nor complaints concerning challenge mode in general. 

Don't get me wrong, I am still playing the game feverishly lol...just had to get that out 🤓  Maybe some changes will come with the next update planned for July...which by the way...does anyone know what date exactly that might be?

Sincerely, 

one of your biggest fans

Edited by Tychaeus

Long post that I stopped reading after a bit, but I agree. I don't play challenge. Used to be able to get 1,000+ gold, but at 30-45 mins per session it wasn't worth it. I used to farm Sia, now just farm Orc.

• Like 1

You play campaign because it gives you XP and with that more max stamina. It is long term plan to avoid playing challenge.   I dont think how hard it is right now  is a problem. When the game started i barely went over level.20, I doubt i am any better now and i had and have super expencive cards. How was in testing that you made 150 stages and play for hours was ridiculous, who want that back is an idiot. Now after last update I think is more Gold in Chalenge, but still without XP is no go for me to even try play it.

As i suggested in past there should be a daily things to do. As we have now. play 5 PvP  play 2 Challenge play 5 Campaigns a day  and you get a reward for this. This will make people play all aspects of game. 

Edited by Febo

If challenge gave experience it could be worth it to dedicate that much time to it. I hope it doesn't, because I don't want to devote that much time

Not that you only play it. but 1 challenge a day will not kill you. That is my suggestion. But if not yes can be there for those that want to spend more time playing. They can play now for hours of intense playing a day if they want and play just challenge and PvP.

Hi @Tychaeus

The challenge mode at the moment, is really just at temporary mode we have when you finished all campaigns that are available. In the future it will be updated completely to a new time-event based game mode. But it will be a little while until we get there, but it's coming!

The nerf from light cards in challenge comes from a balance problem with the infinite waves. The game was balanced on 3 waves, but now you can accumulate a lot more attack in challenge mode. But when we update the mode into a new one, there will be a different solution ;).

Anyways what I am saying is that the current challenge mode will not be tweaked much in the coming updates, but will receive a huge update after we're done with our current features, making it into a new more interesting game mode.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 9:38 AM, cdex said:

Long post that I stopped reading after a bit, but I agree. I don't play challenge. Used to be able to get 1,000+ gold, but at 30-45 mins per session it wasn't worth it. I used to farm Sia, now just farm Orc.

Yeah, I know...my bad I have a real issue with rambling sometimes-admitted.

21 hours ago, Febo said:

You play campaign because it gives you XP and with that more max stamina. It is long term plan to avoid playing challenge.   I dont think how hard it is right now  is a problem. When the game started i barely went over level.20, I doubt i am any better now and i had and have super expencive cards. How was in testing that you made 150 stages and play for hours was ridiculous, who want that back is an idiot. Now after last update I think is more Gold in Chalenge, but still without XP is no go for me to even try play it.

As i suggested in past there should be a daily things to do. As we have now. play 5 PvP  play 2 Challenge play 5 Campaigns a day  and you get a reward for this. This will make people play all aspects of game. 

I definately agree,  I don't think it should be dumbed down quite THAT much at all.

21 hours ago, cdex said:

If challenge gave experience it could be worth it to dedicate that much time to it. I hope it doesn't, because I don't want to devote that much time

It does give xp, just not much at all, like 10 xp for 30 waves or something like that.

3 hours ago, Jasper Damman said:

Hi @Tychaeus

The challenge mode at the moment, is really just at temporary mode we have when you finished all campaigns that are available. In the future it will be updated completely to a new time-event based game mode. But it will be a little while until we get there, but it's coming!

The nerf from light cards in challenge comes from a balance problem with the infinite waves. The game was balanced on 3 waves, but now you can accumulate a lot more attack in challenge mode. But when we update the mode into a new one, there will be a different solution ;).

Anyways what I am saying is that the current challenge mode will not be tweaked much in the coming updates, but will receive a huge update after we're done with our current features, making it into a new more interesting game mode.

Good on ya, sounds good.