BenRPG

Ode to Orc, Questions to Developers

First off, I want to thank all the developers and team members for the last release. I think the new levels are fun and have a good replay value. After farming some Orcs I must say it stays fun and I even dye some times when I make one of these epic failure shots again which gets tangled up in the spikes. The level also animates to try different teams and different strategies. I think the Orc level is a great example of a kind of level we would like to see more of. Playing the game on higher star levels makes it harder in a sense that you need to do more damage (have stronger cards) but the strategic aspect is much more in the foreground here. You need to aim well and thing where the ball is going to end up or you risk an epic failure. The last wave with the moving objects needs skills to aim and time the shot right. After I don’t know how many replays of that Orc, I am still to pass the level flawlessly. I think I have managed to pass each wave flawlessly, but not all three consecutively. If anyone has done this, I would be interested to know and even better see a video.

Raid is fun and also animates to try different teams and strategies. Some things could be improved, e.g. show the name of the player you are fighting against in the battle screen. This way we could post screenshots of other members wave setups as we bump into them. As I mentioned before I hope to share a few ideas for a more interactive PvP mode.

There are a few questions I have open regarding SoG in general:

1. What is the drop rate probability of each card rarity? People seem to have very different experiences for drop rates even after having grinded for 100-thousands of gold.
  2. Is the drop rate somehow influenced by the amount of gold you have? This question is strange, I know, but several players have mentioned that they think the drop rate of epics and legendries is higher when you do bigger card buy sessions. I am still under the impression that this is not true or would not make sense. However, I recently accumulated more gold than usual, started to pull cards and got two epics in 3 boosters. Now of course it would be possible to have the probability correlated to the total gold amount, would seem strange. Can you comment on this?
  3. Is the drop rate different for a card in a 10-card booster than for a 1 card purchase?
  4. Why is there still no bot selling gems for BitCrystals? Every crypto nerd in town would much rather make BitCrystals stronger than supporting CC companies and the app stores. I don’t think legally it would be a problem as the gems are a one-way currency and can’t be used outside of the game. I mean you are also allowed to give gems for watching adds (when it works that is), so why not give gems for dropping BitCrystals. I am also aware that the burn includes half of the in-app purchases but still. This is also a flavor thing. Plus the original investors still have to buy gems in app rather than being able to use the beloved BitCrystals to play this game. This does not feel right. I bet you loose more than 10% of your sales for CC and app store fees. You could pass on the discount to crypto users. You should really consider closing this circle here.
  5. When is the next update going to be released? Sometime in July right?

I am pinging @makosch here. If you can’t answer one of the questions for whatever reasons, pleas just state so.

Thanks a gain and keep up the good work!

Edited by BenRPG
Added Question 5
  • Like 2

Hello BenRPG,

first of all, thank you for your message. We're happy to hear you enjoy the latest update!

Regarding your questions, I think 1.-3. are rather for @Jasper Damman, our game designer.

4. Selling gems for BitCrystals could certainly be interesting for crypto-users, I hear you.
Nevertheless, I don't think it is as easy as it looks both technically and legally. Selling a non-crypto item for a crypto-currency is not obvious, we would need to ensure correctly the link between the player's account and his wallet and between the blockchain and in-game transactions. Gems are credited in-game, but BitCrystals can't be involved in the in-game purchases (the app stores have some pretty strict rules and ye have to be careful not to be baned).
The topic is very interesting, but quite complex. I may submit it to further discussions to the team.

5. Yes, the next update is scheduled for July (rather the end of the month).
Several features planned for the next release are already being implemented, nevertheless evrything needs to be polished and tested first. When the developers decide it's all good to go, we'll update you with more details about the next release.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2017 at 11:36 AM, BenRPG said:

After I don’t know how many replays of that Orc, I am still to pass the level flawlessly. I think I have managed to pass each wave flawlessly, but not all three consecutively. If anyone has done this, I would be interested to know and even better see a video.

I've done it a few times. Really depends on spell placement. The 2nd CCMCard actually makes it harder because speed is too high. I've also done it with Shield All and Heal All cards but I don't really count that as flawless since I still get hit but it either doesn't do damage or I replenish the damage.

Orc would be a lot harder if the Flame All opponents actually had some attack power too.

I still die on Orc occasionally, usually when I'm just clicking buttons and not really paying attention. I find waves 1 and 2 generally do more damage than wave 3 does.

Screenshot_2017-06-29-07-46-16.jpg

Edited by cdex
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, cdex said:

I've done it a few times. Really depends on spell placement. The 2nd CCMCard actually makes it harder because speed is too high. I've also done it with Shield All and Heal All cards but I don't really count that as flawless since I still get hit but it either doesn't do damage or I replenish the damage.

Orc would be a lot harder if the Flame All opponents actually had some attack power too.

I still die on Orc occasionally, usually when I'm just clicking buttons and not really paying attention. I find waves 1 and 2 generally do more damage than wave 3 does.

Screenshot_2017-06-29-07-46-16.jpg

Congrats. Good job! I just touch a spike here or there every now and then.

Hi @BenRPG @Windblaze

It makes no difference how many cards you buy at once, or when etc. Your chances are always the same. Unless you're the kind of person that think number 21 is better than number 13 on a roulette table ;). 

Because there has been a lot of questions about it, I've decided to just share the info about the drop rates (kept it secret until now to have the game be more mysterious):

- Common: 80%
- Rare: 18.9%
- Epic: 1%
- Legendary: 0.1%

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jasper Damman said:

Hi @BenRPG @Windblaze

It makes no difference how many cards you buy at once, or when etc. Your chances are always the same. Unless you're the kind of person that think number 21 is better than number 13 on a roulette table ;). 

Because there has been a lot of questions about it, I've decided to just share the info about the drop rates (kept it secret until now to have the game be more mysterious):

- Common: 80%
- Rare: 18.9%
- Epic: 1%
- Legendary: 0.1%

Thank You for response. Its low for epic and hyper low for legendary cards, but i think its good to keep people still playing, and hope developers will not lower this After updates. More stages= more gold= easier draw cards 

Thanks for sharing. Per 100'000 gold this makes

1 Legandary

10 Epics

189 Rares

800 Commons

Edit: Oh and yes I will keep it secret. I hope you were aware that you responded to a public post ;-)

Edited by BenRPG
  • Like 1

I think it's much easier to do Orc flawlessly with low speed. Like this formation I was using for example:

Orc_flawless.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, that is suuuper low speed lol.  I use this tactic alot on certain lvls as well, but I never make a team with less than 4 speed, for one I think 3 or less for me is just too low and negates some strategy for me, an two...if you lose one card...unless of course its your zero speed card (which prolly means ya screwed anyway 🤓) then im workin' with 0-2 speed rest of the match.  I only use in game card though so I'm sure thats a factor.

15 hours ago, Mizar said:

I think it's much easier to do Orc flawlessly with low speed. Like this formation I was using for example:

Did you use your heal spell?

8 hours ago, cdex said:

Did you use your heal spell?

Nope, my Leviathan is only dual fused and has no healing spell.

Another flawless Orc, without an Ice card this time and even less speed. Just have to be a bit lucky where the fire spell spawns of Dealer of Flames card during 2nd wave.

Orc_flawless2.jpg

Edited by Mizar
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Mizar said:

Another flawless Orc, without an Ice card this time and even less speed. Just have to be a bit lucky where the fire spell spawns of Dealer of Flames card during 2nd wave.

Orc_flawless2.jpg

Problem is thats not proof as you have a blue card in the team. So you could have gotten hurt and then healed again....

1 hour ago, BenRPG said:

Problem is thats not proof as you have a blue card in the team. So you could have gotten hurt and then healed again....

It's a Coral Leviathan and has no heal spell

I've switched to an entirely flame all deck for orc. it's pretty easy now.

QUIRINCARD, QUIRINCARD, GEMZBOX, Sneaky Troll

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Febo said:

qFUj9RFoQZ27nIdxbIxiXg.png

I use 4 speed on the ORc.

I thought to go flawless I'd probably have to reduce to 4 also. Still haven done the flawless run yet...

6 hours ago, BenRPG said:

I thought to go flawless I'd probably have to reduce to 4 also. Still haven done the flawless run yet...

can flawless with any speed. i might try to do it at all speeds as my next goal.