Guest Unotdog25

Legendary cards 1 in 1000?!?!?

Guest Unotdog25

I thought there might have been a bug in the game after spending 20,000 gold and getting just one epic card and no legendarys. This was extremely unusual from my experience. Anyway today I read on the forums from one of the developers that the chances of getting an epic card are 1 in 100 and the chances of getting a legendary card are 1 in 1000!!! This seems extremely unreasonable, especially when you consider the limited gold that non-paying players are likely to accrue. This equates to 100,000 gold per legendary card! Why did the developers decide to change this? I've managed to get 10 legendary cards in my first 250,000 points and I'm waiting on just one more legendary card to complete a gold card. I'm sure it doesn't bother developers much me saying this but until I read this has changed I won't be spending a penny more on this game. 1 in 1000 is so unreasonable it's ludicrous. Calculate that in terms of man hours and it's months of playing multiple times a day if you don't pay, or calculated in real money it's very roughly £100 a card. I could understand if you could actually trade or sell the cards but you can't. Please change the odds back to how it was and this would be a nifty little game. 

7 hours ago, Guest Unotdog25 said:

I thought there might have been a bug in the game after spending 20,000 gold and getting just one epic card and no legendarys. This was extremely unusual from my experience. Anyway today I read on the forums from one of the developers that the chances of getting an epic card are 1 in 100 and the chances of getting a legendary card are 1 in 1000!!! This seems extremely unreasonable, especially when you consider the limited gold that non-paying players are likely to accrue. This equates to 100,000 gold per legendary card! Why did the developers decide to change this? I've managed to get 10 legendary cards in my first 250,000 points and I'm waiting on just one more legendary card to complete a gold card. I'm sure it doesn't bother developers much me saying this but until I read this has changed I won't be spending a penny more on this game. 1 in 1000 is so unreasonable it's ludicrous. Calculate that in terms of man hours and it's months of playing multiple times a day if you don't pay, or calculated in real money it's very roughly £100 a card. I could understand if you could actually trade or sell the cards but you can't. Please change the odds back to how it was and this would be a nifty little game. 

I had really really good luck...apparently..according to other people's experiences reported here on the forums...early in the game...like consistently, then did a 300 card draw and got NO legends or epics...and posted the same thing you did.  "Is this a bug, or did y'all change the drop rates recently."  Ive had bouts of ridiculous luck after that though so just keep playing.

Edited by Tychaeus

Ok, so far I've drawn 3 epics and one Legendary.  Finally....I shall have my quad fused Queen Trident!  Rapture...&..joy.  First 3 epics were drawn in under 50 cards too...which surprised me, and the legendary before the 200 card mark.  I still have 200 more to draw, and will post again if I get any more epics or legendaries, but I'm doubtful...that was a lot of luck right off the bat.  Oh, and the 3 epics were a Virbulo, creature of flames, and Era...somesuch..blue healer bug thing.

IMG_0117.PNG

IMG_0118.PNG

Edited by Tychaeus

3 hours ago, Tychaeus said:

The Queen's Trident is magnificent by the way, love the card art.

IMG_0121.PNG

You're right, it's beautiful. Here's the full artwork.

1200-800px.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for that @Nicktalop, absolutely beautiful artwork.  Yes, maybe the best in game card, definately one of the most aesthetically pleasing, along with the Heavenly Shepperd.  Plus, I'm such a sucker for Paladin Archetypes.IMG_0103.thumb.PNG.42749aa596077a3f407f7965fc4e3d3c.PNG

Edited by Tychaeus

Wow, so I've just been extremely lucky then. Still seems extremely excessive. I really hope the blockchainisation of playing cards comes soon. I'm into Bitcoin, and I just assumed since it was a blockchain based game that it would be possible. 

Funnily enough just this morning I got my fourth trident (from completing the crystallisation challenge not from the shop). Personally after seeing the stats on the queen trident I think I'm going to leave them as mermaid tridents. +1 extra isn't really worth it in my opinion as much as I want the gold card.

What incredible patience you have Tych, I've never got past 50k. 

Out of interest how far have people got on challenge? I've hit 480 gold. Also how do you farm coins? I use giant of the mountains. Challenge takes too long even though on average it's far better value. 

• Like 1

By my count you have 11 Legendaries to my 3. I got 1 via 3,000 crystallization, so only drew 2. Perhaps you got one for award too. You have almost exactly 25% more gold than me.

My luck will turn around soon.

5 minutes ago, Unotdog25 said:

Also how do you farm coins? I use giant of the mountains. Challenge takes too long even though on average it's far better value. 

Of the campaigns, Orc is best value.

53 minutes ago, Unotdog25 said:

Wow, so I've just been extremely lucky then. Still seems extremely excessive. I really hope the blockchainisation of playing cards comes soon. I'm into Bitcoin, and I just assumed since it was a blockchain based game that it would be possible. 

Funnily enough just this morning I got my fourth trident (from completing the crystallisation challenge not from the shop). Personally after seeing the stats on the queen trident I think I'm going to leave them as mermaid tridents. +1 extra isn't really worth it in my opinion as much as I want the gold card.

What incredible patience you have Tych, I've never got past 50k. 

Out of interest how far have people got on challenge? I've hit 480 gold. Also how do you farm coins? I use giant of the mountains. Challenge takes too long even though on average it's far better value. 

First of all...damn you to hell being so close to having Apprentice of Aodh quad fused....that is the next quad I want...I absolutely love that card, but unfused...he is becoming less and less useful, and man is the quad version a baaaaadass looking card as far as the art...and actually a damn good card.

yeah, after quad fusing my Queen Trident I was a bit disappointed that the str buff didn't grow more than plus 6, buut at least  she's at 9 attack now and much more survivability with 13 hp over the 8.  Plus...gosh what a BEAUTIFUL GD card...looove it, and don't regret it.  I am kinda betting my luck is going to be bad for awhile..like..I have two quad legendaries now...so I bet when I do get more Legends they draw as trident and life grower...but...it would be pretty amazing to have a queen trident AND anothet dual-fused trident, crazy amounts of extra team str 🤓

Just fyi...that was the first time I've ever saved up that much gold, before that I couldn't stand to save more than 30k before spending...and that used to be what my routine was..300 card draws.  I don't know if I can patience out 50k again honestly lol.

Furthest Ive EVER got...post official launch that is...is around 540-560 gold, but only a few times, most of the time I'm hittin' around 450 and a little less often 480-500.  Hopefully with my newest upgrade I can either get the 540 more often or surpass it.

As for farming campaign missions, I have pretty much stuck with Sia...and you should DEFINATELY do Sia over mountain giant as giant only gives 193 gold and Sia gives 245.  I don't farm Ogre simply because...for 10 stamina I can definately get more than 290 gold every time with challenge...and seriously ogre takes long enough and enough concentration that I would rather just spend the 10 stamina on challenge.  For quick easy gold farming, Sia would be the best bar none imho...I can do that stage blind-folded in under 30 seconds without trying at this point, and its only 9 stamina, which at my player lvl now works out to the ability to play a perfect 4 stages of Sia as apposed to only 3 Ogre.

I was disappointed that Ogre only paid out an extra 45 gold over Sia, the stage takes a lot more skill, not to mention a possibly better deck, and takes a good bit more time...as well as having an actual chance of dying...gold reward should at least be 300 imo. Especially when challenge mode costs the same stamina.

Edited by Tychaeus

Also, just fyi and as a confession of...absolute stupidity....I...for some UNKNOWN ridiculous reason...dismantled 1-2 Legendaries early on after launch...sigh...one of which was a Trident..lmao...can't believe I did that...and I think maybe a Crirawin...never again.  I also had been dismantling epics I thought I just would never use or cards that just didn't resonate with me aesthetically like bugs or zombies etc.  shouldn't have done that either...and I now never dismantle a Legend or epic no matter what...at the time I was also desperate for elemental crystals to lvl cards...but of course it just wasn't worth it...hindsight's a bitch lol.

That's a pretty good high score. I'm going to hit it again tonight and see it I can beat that with my two tridents ;) 

After getting the 4th trident for getting 3 stars on the crystallisation challenge, I'm thinking that even though ive only just hit my second star for the fusion challenge that it's probably a good idea to try and complete that one. I like the certainty of getting a legendary card. I assume everyone else does the same, i.e. Fuse 4 common cards to a gold card then immediately crystallise it. It costs 120 to fuse the 3 common cards to a gold then you get back 90, ergo 3 fusions is costing 30 crystals or 1 fusion per 10 crystals. Assuming the required number of fusions goes up by 10 each time, that's 50+60+70+80+90 = 350 fusions required. 350 x 10 crystals per fusion that's 3500 crystals. Assuming an average of 22 crystals per 1000 gold (8 common 2 rare) that's 159,090  gold I need. Little over the odds to pay bs 1 in 1000 but I like the certainty, plus who knows, I might even get a legendary or two on the way there. 

God im playing this game too much. Watch out benrpg!

• Like 1

I feel your pain. I've done the same but only with epics. Crystallised the flame all troll thing then got stuck on the wolverine levels for ages until I eventually lucked out and got a fourth. Still can't believe the odds have ever changed. I'm definitely a statistical anomaly. 

Edited by Unotdog25

32 minutes ago, Unotdog25 said:

That's a pretty good high score. I'm going to hit it again tonight and see it I can beat that with my two tridents ;) 

After getting the 4th trident for getting 3 stars on the crystallisation challenge, I'm thinking that even though ive only just hit my second star for the fusion challenge that it's probably a good idea to try and complete that one. I like the certainty of getting a legendary card. I assume everyone else does the same, i.e. Fuse 4 common cards to a gold card then immediately crystallise it. It costs 120 to fuse the 3 common cards to a gold then you get back 90, ergo 3 fusions is costing 30 crystals or 1 fusion per 10 crystals. Assuming the required number of fusions goes up by 10 each time, that's 50+60+70+80+90 = 350 fusions required. 350 x 10 crystals per fusion that's 3500 crystals. Assuming an average of 22 crystals per 1000 gold (8 common 2 rare) that's 159,090  gold I need. Little over the odds to pay bs 1 in 1000 but I like the certainty, plus who knows, I might even get a legendary or two on the way there. 

God im playing this game too much. Watch out benrpg!

IKR!  I play this game more than Dawn of War 3 atm lol...and that's saying ALOT as I'm a huge 40k fan...though...sadly DoW 3 is lackluster compared to previous installments 😕

I digress (I'm good at this), but yeah, I definately think you can do better than me in challenge with two dual tridents, in fact I am not ad apposed to the idea of drawing more tridents in the future now that I'm thinking about it, need two good 3 speed cards or another really good 3 speed to go with my Itlan frost card of speed 2 and that would be a killer group.  Also, yes, at least I have been fusing common cards for a looong while until just recently with all the Legendary and epic card luck I've had and had to soend crystals there instead.  I only have 2 pieces of the very last star to go to complete the fusion achievement.  Right now I'm about 10/80 fusions which rewards 100 crystals (elemental crystals), then I'll be on the last stretch which i assume will give me a Legendary.  Already fully completed the elemental crystal achievement, and the daily quest achievement...well I'd imagine I'm at the same progress as everyone else since I haven't missed one daily quest ever.

This is how my first challenge mode went after updating my deck last night.  I'm positive I can do better, I think I need to put Trident back in the first slot and that will help.  Plus Injust got unlucky at the end with a powerful enemy group.

IMG_0122.PNG

40 minutes ago, Unotdog25 said:

I feel your pain. I've done the same but only with epics. Crystallised the flame all troll thing then got stuck on the wolverine levels for ages until I eventually lucked out and got a fourth. Still can't believe the odds have ever changed. I'm definitely a statistical anomaly. 

Eeeyeah...my dumbass has dismantled TWO flame all troll cards...sigh.

1 hour ago, cdex said:

By my count you have 11 Legendaries to my 3. I got 1 via 3,000 crystallization, so only drew 2. Perhaps you got one for award too. You have almost exactly 25% more gold than me.

My luck will turn around soon.

He actually has twelve in that pic, I almost counted 11 too, but he has that flame knight dual fused on his team...bottom right.  I am hoping to get anothet Aodh or Flame Knight next legendary...then I can get one of them dual fused.  Even Crirawin might be good...but unfused it blows.  I still have never drawn the Earth elemental Legendary so that could happen too...ooor...more tridents and shepherds lol...I hope not.  I need diversification of options!