zippy

EDS should distribute BCY to top 500

Hi EDS,

Great game.

Just a suggestion, but how about you distribute some BCY to the top 500 on the leaderboard (enough to enable the purchase of a blockchain card) to get this game and economy going. Give it a stronger heartbeat.

I'm sure it's doing ok already, but my opinion is it could be doing MUCH better if everything was functioning better.

Do you not have BCY set aside for promotion/marketing?

I think distributing some BCY to your loyal players would have the following benefits overall:

1. Allow players to purchase a blockchain card thus getting that market more revved up. This would benefit merchants and players that have previously invested in blockchain cards. Maybe once a player gets 1 card, they will like it so much that they'll go back and purchase more for themselves.

2. BCY volume would increase and get the attention of market traders. Decrease the chance of removal from exchanges.

3. Improve useage/play time from a greater number of players as more players would want to be in the top 500. Players may spend money on Gems in order to crack the top 500.

And many more benefits I'm sure.

Don't wait for a heart attack to hit and the game to die down - give it a Kickstart now.

Thank you.

Edited by zippy
  • Like 1

Hmm, it's a one time event, doesn't grow the heartbeat on the long term imho. 

You're welcome to submit constructive well thought through marketing ideas via this post :) 

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Hmm, it's a one time event, doesn't grow the heartbeat on the long term imho. 

You're welcome to submit constructive well thought through marketing ideas via this post :) 

Hmm ok, not exactly the friendliest reply to someone making a suggestion wanting to improve the supporting economy to the game. 

I'll consider submitting some constructive well thought through marketing ideas via the post you've linked. Thank you for that.

Players, and EDS, should keep in mind that people have invested in BCY and blockchain cards, and these people are watching and keeping files as to how this is all unfolding. Remembering that SOG was financed through the crowdsale of BCY with the promise that:

"

BitCrystals (BCY) are tradable Counterparty assets which act as the game-fuel and premium currency in EverdreamSoft’s free-to-play
mobile game Spells of Genesis (SoG)".

Since this has not happened due to legal/regulatory reasons as stated by EDS, EDS has gained financially but not delivered. BCY for all intents and purposes, are currently worthless given they are not the SOG game-fuel and the premium in-game currency.

There is a school of thought that EDS have opened themselves up to civil and criminal claims since they did not buy back the worthless BCY once they decided they would not use BCY in-game. I'm sure EDS have a different opinion.

But in case the day comes where there is a knock on the door from authorities, EDS are welcome to submit constructive well thought through answers as to why they were entitled to keep the crowd sale funding when they deviated substantially from the purpose of raising the funds which resulted in financial loss to people -  who may make formal complaints in the near future. 

This could get messy.

• Like 1

Hey Zippy,

I'm usually straight to the point :) You mention it is not exactly the friendliest reply, thats true. BUT I also can't see why my reply is unfriendly, because I share my feedback on your post. I also want a stronger heartbeat for the economy, so I starting to give feedback via suggestions. 

Hope we can still be friends :D 

The reason it can't be the in-game currency is surely due to the fact the stores won't allow payment channels outside their store?

Where did you read that it was legal/regulatory? Mind linking me? 

3 hours ago, Unotdog25 said:

The reason it can't be the in-game currency is surely due to the fact the stores won't allow payment channels outside their store?

Where did you read that it was legal/regulatory? Mind linking me? 

From what I understand the problem is another one:

They are not allowed to sell tokens in-game (app stores) which can be used or traded outside of the game. So that's why BitCrystals can not be gems.

However, I think it should be possible to create a bot which lets you buy gems for BitCrystals. So you just enter the username, send some BitCrystals and get gems for them. I fully agree that it is terrible for investors (I'm not, but I would be quite pissed to say the least) to have dropped a serious amount of BTC into BitCrystals and still have to purchase gems to actually play the game properly. That is truly a shame and should not be that way. I mean you can buy all the BC cards you wan't, doesn't help you at all if you still can't play the game properly and develop the cards. I have stated it many times but I think it is an absolute must have to be able to buy gems for BitCrystals. From an investor standpoint but also from the BitCrystals economy standpoint. And I truly do not see why this should not be possible from a regulatory standpoint. 1. It's a one way thing, so the gems can not be traded afterwards. 2. There are thousands of games which give their players premium in game currency for recommending the game, watching adds, reaching goals in the games and doing all sorts of stuff.

If it is truly a regulatory problem I as an investor would demand EDS to show me why this is not possible. And quite frankly, programming the thing can not be that hard. Even if it might not be used a lot it is very much an important missing piece of the game economy.

Edit: Also gems can be purchased through AppStore or PlayStore and these stores probably don't see if gems which weren't purchased with them were purchased on the other store or on steam or somewhere else. They just want some of the business ban can't force you to make all your business there. Otherwise one could not create a multi platform game. Maybe it would be the easiest to included this bot into the browser version of the game.

Edited by BenRPG
  • Like 2

Thanks for your response @BenRPG - i appreciate your comments.

I did invest. I invested on the understanding that BCY would be the in-game currency. I didn't donate to EDS. I didn't invest just so EDS could 2 years down the track decide that the regulatory hurdles were too onerous and take the in-game currency function of BCY off the table while still keeping the crowdsale funds - i have good advice in this regard that there are actions now open to investors against EDS. Also, during the crowdsale EDS didn't care where the investment funds were coming from. These days companies are careful to exclude US residents from ICO's for example as to not invoke SEC regulations and oversight. Here is a good recent article detailing this point: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/18/hot-digital-currency-trend-minting-millions-off-limits-to-us-investors.html

EDS blazed a trail and tried something new, but it can very easily backfire for them - people are watching at every step.

What has happened, in a simple analogy, is EDS offerred the sale of a SOG blockchain card. You buy that card understanding it could be used in-game. But then EDS change their mind and decide not to use that card in-game. You still have the card, but it is now useless as it can't be used. Would you be pissed? Should EDS keep the money you paid for the card? Now scale that up to BCY, EDS took in millions $, kept the money but decided not to allow the function of BCY. It's all a slippery slope now.

Anyway i was just thinking of ways to improve the economy of BCY and SOG and get a return on my investment. If EDS don't do something soon they'll face a backlash of negative publicity and formal complaints to authorities. It's more than just building a great game,  it's meeting their responsibility to investors as well - and that means the BCY economy.  

Edited by zippy

Hello 

Thanks for the ideas and discussion.

Yes rewarding the players from their leaderboard ranking is something we started. The orientation is more for blockchain cards directly and other in-game elements (e.g. in-game cards, gold).

We take care to avoid potential barriers for the player to receive the reward. For that, in-game elements are very good as they are available when you login in the game. The blockchain card requests that a counterparty (XCP) wallet is linked to the SoG player account. This is something additional that a player can do now in our site spellsofgenesis.com, but planned within the SoG app in the next release.

Distribution of BCY is another option but more complicated, adding the buying process. Good to review this option later, after the analysis of the 1st leaderboard reward distribution, and after more players have linked their counterparty (XCP) wallet.

So we plan to see how the initial reward distributions work, then we can better define the next ones.

For buying gems with BCY, it is not possible as you must use the official app payment system of apple. Buying outside is anyway subject to apple analysis. For the understanding of gold/crystals/gems as in-game elements we prefer to keep buying one of these (gems) with in-game payment, separated for blockchain cards tradeable outside of the game with BCY.

Naturally we follow the evolution of app/play store rule concerning payment & blockchain elements (especially crypto-currencies), to adapt when suited.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nicolas Sierro said:

For buying gems with BCY, it is not possible as you must use the official app payment system of apple. Buying outside is anyway subject to apple analysis. For the understanding of gold/crystals/gems as in-game elements we prefer to keep buying one of these (gems) with in-game payment, separated for blockchain cards tradeable outside of the game with BCY.

Naturally we follow the evolution of app/play store rule concerning payment & blockchain elements (especially crypto-currencies), to adapt when suited.

Few questions regarding this:

1. So apple tells you it's only possible that way. So why is it possible to buy gems in PlayStore as well? I have done both. Other games use Steam as well. So how can apple know where I got additional gems from? Are these services exchanging user data? Quite frankly this is non of Apples business or you are violating their rules already in the status quo. Can you please copy the relevant section of the terms which apply (Apple and PlayStore) with them in here?

2. Technically speaking, blockchainization of quad fused cards should also hit regulatory hurdles. It is kind of similar to having a in game currency which is tradable elsewhere, just more than one. Is this feature at risk? This questions also concerns project nova, which will, as far as I understood, also allow to create tradable game content.

3. So what about the colleague above with his concerns? How will you act if someone is asking for a refund (worst case the same BTC amount as invested back then)? I do see that investors are interested in a demand for BitCrystals. Technically speaking you only need a few cards to play the game. I don't think many players want to collect all cards as technically they are very similar to one another. The artwork differs, but the spell effects are always the same. So where should a constant demand for BitCrystals come from exactly? Probably very few players which are on boarded from the app stores will actually go, learn about BTC, buy BTC, exchange BTC for BitCrystals and then go buy BC cards.

I think these are very important and delicate questions and the way EDS answers them is of utter most importance. I am not an investor (under these circumstances happy I am not), but I can see that investors might be quite upset. If these stores hinder the game that much, it might even be needed to pull the emergency break here and be gone with the app stores. Make sure the game is playable in mobile browsers and implement it the way it was envisioned from the very beginning with BitCrystals as in game currency. Of course that would be a radical step, but radical ideas sometimes need radical decisions if the current framework hinders their growth. I see many parallels with the history of Bitcoin and its predecessors here...

@BenRPG Wow. I just showed your post to my wife and she said if we knew who you were she'd offer you a hug.

Thank you for making the above post - you've captured concerns accurately and delicately much better than i have. Since investing in BCY, we've had a baby and now i have a cranky wife not able to understand why EDS get to keep our investment funds but feel not obliged to deliver on their promises. So my posts im sure have quite a bit of emotion tied in.

I hope EDS give you the courtesy of directly addressing what you have raised and not 'dance' around the issues by discussing game development. I'm very excited about the games on-going progress and development, but my concerns are in relation to the lackluster BCY economy and feeding my baby.

• Like 1

Okay let me summarize the concern I hear here.
People think we are not keeping our promise and thus voluntarily crippling the BitCrystals economy.
Lack of incentive to purchase blockchain cards.
And suggestions to reward players with BCY to improve the engagement.

BitCrystals (BCY) are tradable Counterparty assets which act as the game-fuel and premium currency in EverdreamSoft’s free-to-play
mobile game Spells of Genesis (SoG)".

Since this has not happened due to legal/regulatory reasons as stated by EDS, EDS has gained financially but not delivered.

I tend to disagree with that. BitCrystals is game fuel and also a premium currency. Firstly every purchase in game result of a BitCrystals burn. Meaning each in app purchase has an influence on the BCY since they are taken of the market.

In that sense BitCrystals are needed when someone makes a purchase. For simplicity and compliance with stores rules the user doesn't have to make the transaction himself but a burn transaction is effectevely made for the user.
Moreover unlike most of the project coins out there SOG is among the rare one that has an effective use of the currency by offering constantly blockchain cards that people buy not for speculation but because they are useful for the game and it's a game currency in the sense it's only possible to buy those cards using BCY (in rare case some other crypto but will always linked to a BCY burn tx). And trade them on Book of Orbs

The challenge with the stores policy where always in our mind it's not like we had to change. The business model has been tailored to be compliant to stores rules. This is the reason we chose to make the BCY burn and to have on-chain store for card that you can't get in game.

Nevertheless I hear the feeling of people thinking we are not holding promises. Just to pass the message our goal is to maximize the reach of SOG and aligning the BCY value to the success of the game. We at EDS are working toward making Spells of Genesis and more largely the economy of true ownership driven by BCY. All what we do is based on prioritization and potential effect. The is a lot of things we could do but we have to select the ones with the most positive effect. Right now we think, bug fixing, blockchainization, push notification, leaderboard, events and Japanese localization are the most important. But I'm open to hear any suggestion or analyses from the community, on what might bring the most positive effect.

1. So apple tells you it's only possible that way. So why is it possible to buy gems in PlayStore as well? I have done both. Other games use Steam as well. So how can apple know where I got additional gems from? Are these services exchanging user data? Quite frankly this is non of Apples business or you are violating their rules already in the status quo. Can you please copy the relevant section of the terms which apply (Apple and PlayStore) with them in here?

3.1 Payments

• 3.1.1 In-App Purchase:
    • If you want to unlock features or functionality within your app, (by way of example: subscriptions, in-game currencies, game levels, access to premium content, or unlocking a full version), you must use in-app purchase. Apps may use in-app purchase currencies to enable customers to “tip” digital content providers in the app. Apps may not include buttons, external links, or other calls to action that direct customers to purchasing mechanisms other than IAP.
    • Apps should not directly or indirectly enable gifting of IAP content, features, or consumable items to others.

3. So what about the colleague above with his concerns? How will you act if someone is asking for a refund (worst case the same BTC amount as invested back then)? I do see that investors are interested in a demand for BitCrystals. Technically speaking you only need a few cards to play the game. I don't think many players want to collect all cards as technically they are very similar to one another. The artwork differs, but the spell effects are always the same. So where should a constant demand for BitCrystals come from exactly? Probably very few players which are on boarded from the app stores will actually go, learn about BTC, buy BTC, exchange BTC for BitCrystals and then go buy BC cards.

As for refund of course we don't do refund on the token sale (see the terms) and why would someone get a refund on the token sale as BCY price is about 300% higher against BTC not counting other gifts and other rewards.

You are raising an interesting point. Your point is there is not enough incentive to buy new cards.
First of all thanks for the ingame purchase the demand for BCY should be constant as long as there is a demand for inagame purchase. There are several ways to make purchase, blockchain and inapp = more monetization but this is not the priority right now. We are focusing on building our user aquisition and retention strategy first before going into monetisation. It's important to be able to scale because working on monetization has much more impact as the community become big.

For the cards diversity we are working on new spells and capacities we will seriously think about bringing more diversity. For the ability to purchase gems with BCY we will put an additional thought. It could be possible if we do so we will have to delay other tasks. But it could be possible, personally I don't think this might have a massive effect (more than translating the game in japanese for example) but I might be wrong. Happy to hear your comments

• Like 2

@Shaban

Thanks for tuning in and thanks for your thoughts. Very much appreciated.

As I thought the AppStore terms do not forbid you to sell the premium currency elsewhere, it just forbids you to directly link to other points-of-sale out if the iOS App which seems 100% fair. They also need to earn something for providing the platform. As I mentioned before, I don't think you would sell a massive amount of gems through BitCrystals, but it just seems to be the right thing to do flavor wise. It closes a loop and allegations like the ones by @zippy would be weakened a lot since you can truly state that you did everything which is possible at this point to live up to the promises. Again, think about the investor who has backed you and now needs to pay with his CC to even play the game. The game which brings the promise of so many great things and tells the story of the battle against the status quo in finance (and gaming). An investor who plays the game will be much more outspoken and might on-board new players as well. I never stated that you are crippling the BitCrystal economy, don't get me wrong here. I just proposed to make it stronger buy adding gems sales through BitCrystals and close the loop.

Distributing some BitCrystals could be nice as it introduces new players to BitCystals and the BoOs as they need to get it and linke their address in order to receive rewards. But as you mentioned, it's always a matter of priorities and I do get that.

I do get that the burning of crystals reduces the circulating amount, and that is nice. It's a good indirect way to pay out dividends.

My question about the refund was stupid. I do get that one can sell the BitCrystals at any time on the free market. As I mentioned, I don't have any beef with EDS; I am not an investor but your most loyal player. I also feel that you guys would have liked nothing more than make it the actual in game currency, but that wasn't possible for regulatory reasons, which is a bit unfortunate.

@zippy

I will be doxed soon in a newsletter. Send your wife my regards, she can hug me then. Regarding your investment, @Shabanis correct, you can sell your BitCrystals at any time. Depending on how many you have, you might not want to drop them all at once to not crash the market. I hope your baby is well and healthy, that's the most important thing. I have kinds myself and know exactly what it means to be a parent. I can only give you the advice I still give to anyone asking me about Bitcoin investments. Never invest what you can't afford to loose (same with fiat ;-)). This has to be underlined even more with ICOs as the BitCrystal ICO. I think you can consider yourself lucky, that you invested here and not in many of the other ICOs which are outright scams. This is for sure not the case here. We might not always agree with priorities of devs, but that doesn't mean that they are not working hard and don't have the best intentions. The team is very much real and I have met @Shaban IRL even.

There is a simple solution to the ingame and off-game economy. Just had an epiphany. We use swapbot, We can have swapbot that pays BTC for blockchainised cards. This will set a fixed price for a blockchainised card. Opens up the game for actual earnings that you can spend offgame. 

Can't one just use a shapeshift creditcard linokd to their google or applepay or what not? Does shapeshift support bitcrystals?

Report just out from SEC: 

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2017-131

"The Securities and Exchange Commission issued an investigative report today cautioning market participants that offers and sales of digital assets by "virtual" organizations are subject to the requirements of the federal securities laws. Such offers and sales, conducted by organizations using distributed ledger or blockchain technology, have been referred to, among other things, as "Initial Coin Offerings" or "Token Sales."

The Report confirms that issuers of distributed ledger or blockchain technology-based securities must register offers and sales of such securities unless a valid exemption applies.

The purpose of the registration provisions of the federal securities laws is to ensure that investors are sold investments that include all the proper disclosures and are subject to regulatory scrutiny for investors' protection..."

= tik tok, clock is ticking.

2 hours ago, zippy said:

Report just out from SEC: 

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2017-131

"The Securities and Exchange Commission issued an investigative report today cautioning market participants that offers and sales of digital assets by "virtual" organizations are subject to the requirements of the federal securities laws. Such offers and sales, conducted by organizations using distributed ledger or blockchain technology, have been referred to, among other things, as "Initial Coin Offerings" or "Token Sales."

The Report confirms that issuers of distributed ledger or blockchain technology-based securities must register offers and sales of such securities unless a valid exemption applies.

The purpose of the registration provisions of the federal securities laws is to ensure that investors are sold investments that include all the proper disclosures and are subject to regulatory scrutiny for investors' protection..."

= tik tok, clock is ticking.

They are in Switzerland.... However, already today no Swiss ICOs sell to Americans because of this...

6 hours ago, BenRPG said:

They are in Switzerland.... However, already today no Swiss ICOs sell to Americans because of this...

Yes all countries and market players are wary of SEC, they have a very far reach into all corners. And besides every country has its own securities regulations.

The preference was that EDS deal with and meet investor expectation by building the BCY economy. We feel that hasn't happened. There are wider implications here as well for those companies that partnered with EDS to release cards. Anyone that benefited from receiving BCY will be under the microscope. The tide will turn from investors being at home worried about their BCY investment and the direction EDS has taken, to EDS owners, partners and employees being at home worried about what 'orbs' and from how many directions are incoming their way.

I could contact several crypto news providers with the story today and a negative storm would quickly brew, but for now i wait and watch. I'm not looking to shutdown EDS, but i feel i have lost out in my BCY investment while they have significantly benefited. It cost them nothing to create BCY afterall.

Edited by zippy

2 minutes ago, zippy said:

Yes all countries and market players are wary of SEC, they have a very far reach into all corners. And besides every country has its own securities regulations.

The preference was that EDS deal with and meet investor expectation by building the BCY economy. We feel that hasn't happened. There are wider implications here as well for those companies that partnered with EDS to release cards. Anyone that benefited from receiving BCY will be under the microscope. The tide will turn from investors being at home worried about their BCY investment and the direction EDS has taken, to EDS owners, staff and employees being at home worried about what 'orbs' and from how many directions are incoming their way.

I could contact several crypto news providers with the story today and a negative storm would quickly brew, but for now i wait and watch. I'm not looking to shutdown EDS, but i feel i have lost out in my BCY investment while they have significantly benefited. It cost them nothing to create BCY afterall.

You have to be fair though in one point: expecting a ROI better than holding Bitcoin is unrealistic at best.

There are very few investments in the crypto-scene that have outperformed HODLing. So that's what I mean when I say investors can be "happy" they have what they have. You were in fact not only an investor, but a sponsor also. If you do not shift this view there will never be the case that you will come to terms with this. Even if BCY has massive upwards trend it will be very very unlikely it will outperform BTC and even more so outperforming BTC back to the point where you invested. Then if you expect even a profit in BTC compared to your original investment, we are at hypnotoad level. Another aspect is that the better BTC does, the more "old" BTC nerds might be willing to put in some coin on this game. If BTC falls to super low levels you have the opposite effect, I would guess.

Maybe, maybe SoG could become as big and engaging as MTGO or so but a lot has to happen for that to happen.

My 2 cents.

1 hour ago, BenRPG said:

You have to be fair though in one point: expecting a ROI better than holding Bitcoin is unrealistic at best.

There are very few investments in the crypto-scene that have outperformed HODLing. So that's what I mean when I say investors can be "happy" they have what they have. You were in fact not only an investor, but a sponsor also. If you do not shift this view there will never be the case that you will come to terms with this. Even if BCY has massive upwards trend it will be very very unlikely it will outperform BTC and even more so outperforming BTC back to the point where you invested. Then if you expect even a profit in BTC compared to your original investment, we are at hypnotoad level. Another aspect is that the better BTC does, the more "old" BTC nerds might be willing to put in some coin on this game. If BTC falls to super low levels you have the opposite effect, I would guess.

Maybe, maybe SoG could become as big and engaging as MTGO or so but a lot has to happen for that to happen.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion @BenRPG, your 2 cents are worth hearing.

This discussion has taken a whole different direction than originally intended. I thought a direct distribution of BCY to players would kick some life into the BCY economy. Handing out just cards has almost zero effect.

In relation to legal/civil damages,  there the several categories, your points above are good but only consider 'restitution'. There wouldn't be $100 million judgements out there if all that was available in an action was just restitution.

Civil action would take far longer than regulatory action. Fines and potential prosections would wipe out any economic value in EDS and its stakeholders long before any civil claim saw the light of day. It'd be like trying to sue Mark Karpeles. And it is only this reason that investor action hasn't been instigated yet. We'd rather recoup our investment than see EDS fall. But if recouping our investment becomes a non possibility, than action to see EDS be accountable will surely happen. They are as of today managing an unregistered security, whether they believe they are or not.

Edited by zippy

I understand some statements here saying people experience an increase of the value of BCY of ONLY 50%-100%, expecting to be millionaires with the project while some other crypto are super performing. Since EDS failed to make millionaires of some of our backers, I read insinuations and threats of being reported to the SEC.

I also hear some concerns about the future of the project. I’d like to let you know that exciting things are coming soon.

Regarding the threat “make me rich or I’ll report you” :

There’s something I’m missing with this argument. You are implying BitCrystals are not compliant with SEC rules, thus EDS should be prosecuted. So I’m basically being told “do better/what I say” or I will report you. We are also being told that what we are doing is not compliant and we are asked to raise the value of BCY by basically onboarding more people.
But if it’s not compliant, we shouldn’t be onboarding more people in order to limit the damage. Thus, if we strictly follow the argument formulated here, we should stop using BitCrystals and promote only in-app purchases and move away from the crypto-space. Is that it?

First of all, our BitCrystals token sale was never designed to be a “get rich quick” scheme, nor was it ever promoted like that. Again, I invite you to read the terms you agreed during the sale:

The whole project offered people the opportunity to reclaim a portion of ownership of the game, being visionary and to contribute in changing the game economy paradigm. Our goal and communication have always been targeted to make a sustainable product and not to satisfy hungry and dissatisfied speculators.

Some projects experience high speculative growth. Real market growth can never sustain a 1000% increase in returns. Real growth is coming from the market & people using the currency for the service and not for speculation. Most of the projects that experiment an inflated speculative growth will face a hard market correction and a lot of people will be hurt. For this reason, our focus is on building things and in delivering to market instead of focusing on the greater foolish economy.

Anyway, we are always open to listen to constructive comments, doubts and complaints. We are also willing to improve and drive constant growth. Our strategy may be wrong, we may have to reconsider some of our decisions because crowd knowledge is better than centralized knowledge... I therefore invite each of you to give your advice and help to improve this product. But I don’t accept threatening EDS or our community members. I don’t think this approach is bringing any positive effects to the project. Thus I won’t hesitate to ban abusive users from this forum if I deem it necessary.

Future plans and growth

As you may know, there is a lot of things in our pipeline. I’m discussing with the team (sprint master) to work on an open roadmap. There are a lot of exciting features we are working on, some of them are game changers, like user-generated content, which is going to be really a big step forward.
Blockchainization is also a very interesting feature and I agree we are a bit late on it. I don’t know if you ever follow a game development but it’s not something unusual. Accurate planning of a delivery in a game is not pure science because there are always things that can be improved.
The issue of the block size debate didn’t help since we have to explore different solutions (alt-chains) and releasing before the potential hard fork would not have been a good idea. We are continuously working to improve the game and expand the blockchain integration. We are pioneering here, so the road is full of bumps. But each step we make is a leap forward to bringing the blockchain to the mass.

@zippy: “I think distributing some BCY to your loyal players would have the following benefits overall”:  
About giving more rewards: we will consider rewarding active users according to their rank as soon as the blocksize issue gets settled down.

I hope these facts will be thoughtfully digested so we can keep working for the general satisfaction.

Shaban
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Shaban said:
I understand some statements here saying people experience an increase of the value of BCY of ONLY 50%-100%, expecting to be millionaires with the project while some other crypto are super performing. Since EDS failed to make millionaires of some of our backers, I read insinuations and threats of being reported to the SEC.

I also hear some concerns about the future of the project. I’d like to let you know that exciting things are coming soon.

Regarding the threat “make me rich or I’ll report you” :

There’s something I’m missing with this argument. You are implying BitCrystals are not compliant with SEC rules, thus EDS should be prosecuted. So I’m basically being told “do better/what I say” or I will report you. We are also being told that what we are doing is not compliant and we are asked to raise the value of BCY by basically onboarding more people.
But if it’s not compliant, we shouldn’t be onboarding more people in order to limit the damage. Thus, if we strictly follow the argument formulated here, we should stop using BitCrystals and promote only in-app purchases and move away from the crypto-space. Is that it?

First of all, our BitCrystals token sale was never designed to be a “get rich quick” scheme, nor was it ever promoted like that. Again, I invite you to read the terms you agreed during the sale:

The whole project offered people the opportunity to reclaim a portion of ownership of the game, being visionary and to contribute in changing the game economy paradigm. Our goal and communication have always been targeted to make a sustainable product and not to satisfy hungry and dissatisfied speculators.

Some projects experience high speculative growth. Real market growth can never sustain a 1000% increase in returns. Real growth is coming from the market & people using the currency for the service and not for speculation. Most of the projects that experiment an inflated speculative growth will face a hard market correction and a lot of people will be hurt. For this reason, our focus is on building things and in delivering to market instead of focusing on the greater foolish economy.

Anyway, we are always open to listen to constructive comments, doubts and complaints. We are also willing to improve and drive constant growth. Our strategy may be wrong, we may have to reconsider some of our decisions because crowd knowledge is better than centralized knowledge... I therefore invite each of you to give your advice and help to improve this product. But I don’t accept threatening EDS or our community members. I don’t think this approach is bringing any positive effects to the project. Thus I won’t hesitate to ban abusive users from this forum if I deem it necessary.

Future plans and growth

As you may know, there is a lot of things in our pipeline. I’m discussing with the team (sprint master) to work on an open roadmap. There are a lot of exciting features we are working on, some of them are game changers, like user-generated content, which is going to be really a big step forward.
Blockchainization is also a very interesting feature and I agree we are a bit late on it. I don’t know if you ever follow a game development but it’s not something unusual. Accurate planning of a delivery in a game is not pure science because there are always things that can be improved.
The issue of the block size debate didn’t help since we have to explore different solutions (alt-chains) and releasing before the potential hard fork would not have been a good idea. We are continuously working to improve the game and expand the blockchain integration. We are pioneering here, so the road is full of bumps. But each step we make is a leap forward to bringing the blockchain to the mass.

@zippy: “I think distributing some BCY to your loyal players would have the following benefits overall”:  
About giving more rewards: we will consider rewarding active users according to their rank as soon as the blocksize issue gets settled down.

I hope these facts will be thoughtfully digested so we can keep working for the general satisfaction.

Shaban

@Shaban Thank you for taking the time to contribute to this discussion.

The issue at hand is not 'make me rich...' but rather 'keep your word, stick to your promise...'.

Only an arrogant and self-righteous person would twist it that way.

Maybe you'd like to take this opportunity you explain exactly why BCY are not the premium in-game currency you promised. Pointing the finger at the app store/Apple/Google is totally unacceptable. It was EDS's responsibility to do a full due-diligence to make sure BCY was going to be able to deliver as was promised. You can't raise funds under one promise and than later say 'oops, Apple/Google won't allow it, but thanks for your money'.

The difference between BCY being the premium in-game currency for SOG and BCY being just able to be used to purchase blockchain cards is lightyears apart.

Please take the time to google BCY BitCrystals and see what all the results come up as. Then visit the FAQ here regarding BCY and see what it says. I'm sure you'll see my point.

Bringing these issues down to the gutter by suggesting I'm coming from a 'get rich quick scheme' point of view just shows how little respect you have for your investors. YOU sold the BCY on the basis that they would be the premium in-game currency. BCY are NOT the premium in-game currency. Please explain why then you feel entitled to keep the crowdsale funds?  

This is the point that will be the basis of any potential formal complaints.

Under part 3 of the sale terms you have linked, it states '...BCY will be acting as both the game-fuel and the premium in-game currency in the upcoming game SoG...'. Everything hinges on this point as that is the most crucial. As for the rest of the terms, you and I both know they are written 100% to the benefit of EDS. This is precisely why regulators require such things to be registered - in order that investors are protected from one sided terms. They hold zero legal weight.

Nothing I have said in these posts is either abusive or threatening. I dare say should you get on your high horse and sensor me, it will only look worse for your position.

Thank you again for taking the time to receive input from your investors.

@zippy Cannot follow your argument. However Bitcrystal is an ingame currency so don't expect it to escalate in value. If you want that go for any of the other cryptocurrency. The investment value here is in the blockchain cards. That in the end depends on the SOG game and platform. Both are progressing nicely. EDS are a responsive team and I understand they are very busy and really a small team. So lets keep off the criticism for the team and give them our suggestions for game improvements.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, phanpp said:

@zippy Cannot follow your argument. However Bitcrystal is an ingame currency so don't expect it to escalate in value. If you want that go for any of the other cryptocurrency. The investment value here is in the blockchain cards. That in the end depends on the SOG game and platform. Both are progressing nicely. EDS are a responsive team and I understand they are very busy and really a small team. So lets keep off the criticism for the team and give them our suggestions for game improvements.

Cannot follow my argument...

Let me put it another way with an example of a property investment:

- Company 'PDS' proposes a property development to purchase land and construct a building on the land.

- It holds a crowdsale to raise funds to undertake the development.

- Through the crowdsale it raises $10million in order to buy the land and construct the building.

- After they raise the funds they find out they cannot buy or build on the land due to local council rules.

- They advise their investors that development will not proceed as promised.

- They state no refunds because of inherent risk of investing and no one forced anyone to invest. They keep the funds raised despite not delivering the building.

Question. If you were one of the investors in the above scenario, would you cope it on the chin or would you think it fair that company PDS return the funds raised?

@phanpp i hope that makes it clearer the principles i am raising. Just apply the same principles to the BCY crowdsale.

@zippy

It's more like EDS raised funds, built a nightclub with said funds, then the city denied their liquor license. They didn't say whoopsie we're ditching town and keeping all the money. They just opened up a speakeasy instead. 

EDS did their job. And continues to do it.

1.They released a set of collectible cards thar are usable accross gaming platforms using the blockchain (sarutobi, BotV, rust bits, etc...)

2. They launched a decentralized marketplace for such cards

3. They developed  one of the most well executed arkanoid/pcpool/bustamove hybrids have ever seen.

4. They have releeased an update to said game what seems like every month since march.

It's my understanding that this has all been done over the past 2 years. 

Angry Birds 'cost Rovio $140k, has made  and took 9 months til first release

The investors better know EDS' figures. 

I Am Not An Investor. I am a gamer. 

This game kicks angry birds ass.

We live in a world where i can draft M:tg cards on my smartphone and and yet I'm playing this.

If i were an investor i'd be MAKING MY OWN APP. Like seriously people. Any frickin game. Make a chess clone where your pieces can be cards from your collection. Make one of those sliding puzzle pieces games where the image is the blockchain card. Shit, make a fruckin screensaver app that diaplays your SoG collection.

Investors..... Hasn't BCY doubled in price since ICO? Isnt that enough incentive for you to put some of your BCY reserves to work? Couldnt you pay a programmer or two to make a working third party SoG assets viewer app? I would pay real dollars for something like that on the app store. It's outside of my paygrade but the right person could bang out that projectover a weekend or two for a reasonable BCY sum. Investors are profit driven right?

Edited by Overtime