Sign in to follow this  
makosch

Book of Orbs removed from AppStore

As you may have noticed, unfortunately Book of Orbs has been removed from AppStore.

Given the fact BoO is featuring blockchain trading and therefore not using in-app purchases, Apple considered this incompatible with their policy and removed the app from their store.

We are aware that this situation is unfavourable to our iOS players and we apologize for all the inconveniences. We are trying to figure out the best alternative solution to offer all our users the same level of comfort and quality of user experience.

Nevertheless, if you already have downloaded Book of Orbs on your mobile phone, you can keep using it without any issues.

If you don't have downloaded the app yet, the solution we suggest you for the immediate future is to use the IndisquareWallet.

As BoO (also developed by Indiesquare), IndiesquareWallet is a mobile app client that will allow you access your digital wallet and all the assets you have in it. There’s no need to create a new wallet, you can connect to the one you used via BoO, while typing your 12-word passphrase to connect.

You can also use counterwallet.io, or any other mobile or desktop Counterparty compatible wallet.

We are also discussing with IndieSquare about possibilities of developing a web version of Book of Orbs and are going to further search for an optimal solution to this issue.

Feel free to contact us if you encounter any issues.

How about adding in-app purchases of BitCrystals to the book of orbs?  Would Apple allow that?  I don't see why not, there are a ton of games that allow in-app purchases of in-game currencies.  The only problem I can see is that players would be able spend the BCY outside of the app, and Apple may not like that.  Or is Apple just totally against cryptos?

It appears the indie square wallet does hold cards. You can also pull up card buy/sell orders on their exchange - f you know what you're looking for. The Indiesquare Wallet Only shows a few top trending coins and forces you to blindly search among their inventory of coins, and it won't even show  a suggestion for your search unless you've searched it before. The Indiesquare wallet is really not that intuitive of a wallet or marketplace, I'd like to see a better solution for all these Blockchain Cards.

Sogassets.com is nice for finding cards that are available for purchase, but Player to Player trading is really not that user friendly. 

There's a huge learning curve to find, purchase, and sell the Blockchain cards. Maybe it's a little bit easier with BoO(Book of Orbs), but I don't have access to that application. I know IOS / Apple store can be pretty temperamental with their application listings, but can we at least meet in the middle and have a decent working Web Application? 

Thanks!