cdex

Anyone got 7 stars on all levels yet?

So I see almost everyone here is relatively dedicated to SoG, and most are getting slowly bored by this new imbalance in rewards, this worries me.. I want to see this game grow. 

Hope this post gets some attention.

If the dev team cant get through their own creation then it needs to be reworked...this cant be possible....if theres a lvl the very creators cant beat then that is a total failure in lvl design.... ridiculous...unheard ofūüôĄ

5 hours ago, Tychaeus said:

Yeah man, I hear that.  I hate to say it, but its festing in the back of my mind....bout to not even be playing this game anymore =\

this is the team I used originally to beat DC, also I have a dual fused metal shield and I do have 2 other cards so I could eventually quad fuse it, but even with shield all...green cards all suck horribly =\

I hate even putting resources into any green type card.

IMG_0144.PNG

I don't understand the freeze cards inclusion? I guess the speed maybe, but the freeze all just passes the buck to the next card unless it falls in a place where you can hit an enemy and get the freeze spell. Same with the healer, mines only dual fused but I can't see the point when so many enemies are 1 hit KO. Damn these last two stars. I'm only doing it for the legendary card. I'd love to know how you managed to complete any DC level without a shield all card! Respect! Haha. 

5 hours ago, cdex said:

Team: SATOSHILITE, QUIRINCARD, XULNOCCARD, QUIRINCARD

Was down to my last shot with Xulnoc and had to hit off spikes and got there with 2 HP left.

I'm not certain dev team has ever passed 6 or 7 with any deck.

5star.png

Can't see the full picture, so I can't see your cards. Have no idea what any of the BC cards do. I'm sure they have done level 6 and 7 but it's complete chance where the spells land. Annoying that level 6 is 11 stamina Meaning with the max 40 stamina you only get 3 goes for 2 gems. Add to that the 7 remaining stamina is virtually worthless since you get so little gold.  

Seriously strange decision to reduce the collected gold. Devs seem to be making some questionable decisions a lot unless you look at it from a money making perspective. Firstly a poorly thought out raid mode that makes no sense and tests no skill. Now an attempt to make legendary cards even more difficult to attain. 1 in a 1000 at the current gold farming rate makes me question what I'm doing with my life playing this game haha. I also get a feeling the blockchainisation is never going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Unotdog25 said:

Annoying that level 6 is 11 stamina Meaning with the max 40 stamina you only get 3 goes for 2 gems.

You can't stamina up past 40??? I'm at 39 now and halfway to 40

Hello everyone! Writing to you from gamescom on phone.

I'm glad people like the expansion and card rewards. Indeed the feauture is intended to let the player make their own collection strategy, for example completing their favourite fusions. I also see some feedback and concerns which I shall shine some light on:

- Reduction of gold reward:

We lowered the gold reward to compensate for the extra card rewards. I understand that as an experienced player, you want as much rewards as possible, to strengthen your deck as much as possible. On the other side, we as devs need to be very careful with increasing rewards with new features for 2 reasons:

- difficulty of the game for new players. The difficulty of the game depends on the combination of challenge in the levels, and power of the cards you own. If the rewards are too high, the player gets too strong, and the game will not be challenging making the player drop out

- value of blockchain cards and upcoming blockchainized cards. Of course when it gets easier to get new in-game cards, the value of the strong and blockchaincards will drop, which should be prevented.

Keep in mind the rewards increase in higher stars. You were used to high rewards on star 3, now the highest are at star 7. With the introduction of card rewards we want to give players about the same value as before, but increase engagement by having clear strategic goals to work towards(epic card x)

Difficulty of Dark creator. When the campaign was designed, it was meant to give a high challenge on star 3. With the new stars, the level may have become impossible. This period is to monitor how far you can get, and we may redesign based on that ;). Usually our approach is to launch features as soon as possible, observe your feedback and behaviour and then finetune.

Thanks for the discussion! Open to further suggestions

The thing that still bothers me is the gathering of crystals. Imagine a new player, they get to wood monster and maybe already have a couple epics to keep progressing levels, have you calculated how much time it will take to even quad-fuse a normal card or max a single epic with gold rewards being 10 to 100 gold in different stars and getting somewhere between 1 and 20 crystals? Its way too long.

I'm managing to get about 200 gold when doing 7* Orc, how long will it take a new player to reach that with gold rewards and crystal requirements the way they are now?

I don't know, maybe there's something I'm not seeing, I've never attempted to design a game, much less try to make an economy work, but I do see an issue in this to both old and new players.

I truly have a special love for this game, and again, I just want to see it grow.

Wait you only get the epic the first time you finish the 7th star of a level right? Not _every_ time?

So lowering gold drop for a one time epic on each level seems unbalanced to me.

It is unbalanced. If they continue this route they really need to up the drop rates of epic and legendary cards. It's not balanced at all right now 

In My opinion, game was better before. It would be better if you would just a little rise a gold drop at 7* star and give a epic card only on bosses 1 time not on all stages 

Just to confirm: we have completed DC at 7 star. But yes, it is a very hard campaign. 

Edited by Paul

3 hours ago, BBristow79 said:

It is unbalanced. If they continue this route they really need to up the drop rates of epic and legendary cards. It's not balanced at all right now 

I don't think they need improve drop rates, they are fine like that. I'm insisting that the issue are the cristals. What are you going to do with 30 epics but you can only dual-fuse one and then run out of cristals? Unless you are thinking about cristalizing epics too, which is something I wouldn't do.

Eh....the problem with all that is that at some point those great card rewards....ARE GONE.  The card rewards are finite, so once we have received all card rewards, we are just stuck with crap gold rewards.  Before, we could depend on farming levels for a moderate amount of gold for a certain anount of stamina, this concept will be dead with this design.  While I enjoy challenge mode, it takes too long and I just can't usually do too many in a row, but could use all stamina on a campaign mission.  Anyway.  Good luck.

4 hours ago, wachtwoord said:

Wait you only get the epic the first time you finish the 7th star of a level right? Not _every_ time?

So lowering gold drop for a one time epic on each level seems unbalanced to me.

EXACTLY.  My biggest issue with this.

3 hours ago, Windblaze said:

In My opinion, game was better before. It would be better if you would just a little rise a gold drop at 7* star and give a epic card only on bosses 1 time not on all stages 

Absolutely.., while an epic card at the end of each campaign was quite intriguing at first, its too much.  EVERYONE will have these cards now and at at least a dual fuse.  I think this kinda also kills the special nature of the cards and the rarity.  Its not that exciting feeling I was getting before when I finally got the cards I've been waiting to get...they ate just too available...course....you will also just have stacks of epics now and nothing to progress them with.  

As Mythorias has stated, I also believe the elemental crystals and the extreme lack of them now is a huuuuge problem....I know some of us were willing to have super long grind sessions before...but that was with anticipation of possibility drawing that next epic or legendary card, not 4 hour grinds to get not even enough elemental crystals for an epic dual fuse.  Not trying to be rude here, but I just know I won't do this, it sucks the fun out of the game imo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cdex said:

You can't stamina up past 40??? I'm at 39 now and halfway to 40

Yes. Max level 40. It seems to continue counting your progress after 40 though, but no levelling up. 

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Just to confirm: we have completed DC at 7 star. But yes, it is a very hard campaign. 

curious on the deck

@tipmebits hey!

So as this is game design related I will respond. Thanks for the input and feedback. I gave some insight in our reasons for implementing above which might answer your questions. We will consider the rewards based on your feedback. We have some feautures in the pipeline that will increase gold, so maybe we'll combine somewhere

DC 6 done. One star remaining. 

Just to say it again, the gold rewards are utterly ridiculous, please fix it. We were already complaining that legendary card drop rates were too low and you went and effectively reduced it by 50%. I can only imagine one reason for doing this...

On 21-8-2017 at 11:55 PM, cdex said:

curious on the deck

That would be a big spoiler. But with DC6 finished you guys are getting close. 

55 minutes ago, Paul said:

That would be a big spoiler. But with DC6 finished you guys are getting close. 

That's with 3 quad fused legendaries, and a dual fused legendary. Dark, light, fire and leaf(dual). Plus it took me about 80 crystals just to get my spells to spawn in the right place maybe twice, three times. Not good. Since farming gold to hit another legendary card is now twice as hard I won't be buying anymore crystals. Put it that way. If I can get this last star I get a legendary card reward, but even with another 140 crystals I very much doubt I'm going to manage it. The level is probably 100 times harder than any other level I've done.