Sign in to follow this  
hikergirl1234

Blockchain Card Price History

Hi everyone,  I built a website that tracks the historical prices of all of the SoG blockchain cards and want to share with the community here :)

Updated: new website URL: sogdb.com

I hope it can help people identify fair prices for blockchain cards.

The site is still a work in progress and I appreciate all feedback - I will address all feedback and questions.

p.s. let me know if this is the wrong subforum for this topic and I can delete the post.

Edited by hikergirl1234
new website URL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Robert said:

Cool, how did you build it?

Hi Robert, Here's how I built it. Let me know if you have more questions :)

Web dev: some very basic html, javascript, and bootstrap css for formatting

I used R for all the data analysis with ggplot2 to make the graphs, and then some bash scripting to ping the API's every day and get new data.

Data sources:

• Counterparty API - I used a public development server run by Coindaddy to query (link here)
  • bitcoinaverage.com for Bitcoin prices
  • poloniex for BCY/BTC conversion
  • average block time to approximate time intervals from bitcoinity.com

Nice thanks! Suggestion:

1. When I hover over a dot, I would like to see the details of the trade (dex, wapbot, etc) including date and actual currency which was payed.

Questions: Do you convert prices based on exchange rates at the time of the trade?

Good luck and thanks for adding to the ecosystem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BenRPG said:

Nice thanks! Suggestion:

1. When I hover over a dot, I would like to see the details of the trade (dex, wapbot, etc) including date and actual currency which was payed.

Questions: Do you convert prices based on exchange rates at the time of the trade?

Good luck and thanks for adding to the ecosystem.

Hi Ben, Thanks for the feedback - yes, all prices were converted at the exchange rate based on the time of the trade (using historical exchange data).

• Thanks 1

@hikergirl1234 The carts don't seem to be working any longer for me. Can you have a look?

Side note: Card prices (at least for high value cards like Satoshicard) seem to be falling a lot. Not a good sign. Satoshi now being sold for as low as 0.5 and 0.75 BTC. Wanted to check some others...

On 9/24/2017 at 2:41 AM, BenRPG said:

@hikergirl1234 The carts don't seem to be working any longer for me. Can you have a look?

Side note: Card prices (at least for high value cards like Satoshicard) seem to be falling a lot. Not a good sign. Satoshi now being sold for as low as 0.5 and 0.75 BTC. Wanted to check some others...

Hi @BenRPG, sorry about that. I'll get it fixed tomorrow - with some good news, a new version of the site with some of the info you and other forum users have been requesting! :)

What's to come: last trades for a card, complete levels data with linking to each card as a separate page. I'll update you tomorrow when it's out...

• Like 3

Hi again everyone, the new website is up! :D

The url has changed - it is now sogdb.com.

Again, feedback is always appreciated. I tried to implement the best I could all the feedback I received on the forum here.

Hope it is useful to everyone! And be patient with me if there are any bugs, I'm still very new at this whole web dev thing xD 

Edited by hikergirl1234
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2017 at 8:26 AM, hikergirl1234 said:

Hi again everyone, the new website is up! :D

The url has changed - it is now sogdb.com.

Again, feedback is always appreciated. I tried to implement the best I could all the feedback I received on the forum here.

Hope it is useful to everyone! And be patient with me if there are any bugs, I'm still very new at this whole web dev thing xD 

Cool. Would like to be able to see the prices converted to USD, EUR or anything of the sort. Yes I maybe like BCY more, but for a price trend it is not actually that good because of volatility.

I like how it shows card stat. Simple interface, well done.

4 hours ago, BenRPG said:

Cool. Would like to be able to see the prices converted to USD, EUR or anything of the sort. Yes I maybe like BCY more, but for a price trend it is not actually that good because of volatility.

I like how it shows card stat. Simple interface, well done.

Thanks for the feedback, @BenRPG! More currency support is on the pipeline. Here's what's planned so far:

1. See recent trades in different currencies by hovering over the price on the table (eta: ~ 1 week)

2. Make graphs dynamic -- then users can change currency with a drop down (eta: in the next month or so).

Also in response to your comment earlier about SATOSHICARD prices, I'd be curious to see how trading volume on those cards has changed recently as well (SATOSHICARD and a couple of other expensive cards will be playable in a new game called Age of Rust - not released yet).

• Thanks 1

Just shipped a big update :D hope you all enjoy it! 

The new graphs look best on desktop screen size but I'm working on making them look a little nicer on mobile.

Here's what's new:

1. Dynamic graphs:

• choose between 6 currencies for display
  • hover over on a trade to see conversion to different cryptocurrencies

2. Open buy and sell order information for the card

Feedback helps me make the site better - so thanks again for everyone's advice so far :)

Here's what I'd like to do in the future:

• build out wallet functionality - so you can buy and sell your card on the DeX after looking at the charts
  • localization - (since many of the visitors to the page are located in Japan!)
  • improve how the page looks on mobile

What would you like to see next?

• Like 2