Sign in to follow this  
Unotdog25

Developers please explain this so we can understand.

A lot of people have been asking about the PvP mode and why it is like it is. The screenshot shows a typical enemy I come accross on a regular basis (they were just level 10)

-How have they got five players? 

-Why are the all such high health? (Bearing in mind I just hit the closest three enemies already with my mermaid trident AFTER hitting my plus 6 attack all spell)

-Why do they get a heavy boost? 

-And finally, do you think for even a moment this is possible? Especially since every card is a one hot kill on each of my cards except possibly number 4. Even if my attack plus 6 all spell and my weaken -9 all spell spawn in exactly the right spot I'm extremely lucky if I can finish the first round with one card remaining. 

Id love to know the parameters of how this level is generated. 

IMG_0524.PNG

• Like 1

You can find old posts from me asking them about how raid worked exactly before it came out. They answered many things. I hardly ever win a raid fight these days... These boost are pretty epic on level 14. The situation has to be so it features a deck I have lot's potential.

I am maybe 10% on raids. Usually only able to pass one style of map. The one with spikes on the right wall and top. 

Always run with 2 JOURNALISTCD and then combo of SATOSHILITE, CCMCARD, MAMAGRUN depending on element bonus. If it's an ice attack bonus I'll go with 3 JOURNALISTCD. 

Very very rarely succeed. 

@Unotdog25 Good morning!

Let me answer your questions on raid:

-How have they got five players? 
The first wave consists out of 2-3 enemies. The second wave consists out of 3-4 enemies. The third wave consists out of 4-5 enemies. Which enemies are picked are picked randomly from the other players' deck.

-Why are the all such high health? (Bearing in mind I just hit the closest three enemies already with my mermaid trident AFTER hitting my plus 6 attack all spell)
This is due to the "boost". Boost increases the attack and health of your enemies by a certain percentage. I see the cards of your opponent were already strong, with this extra boost they have a lot of health indeed.

-Why do they get a heavy boost? 
Depending on the rank of your opponent, his cards get a certain boost. The higher the rank, the higher the boost.

-And finally, do you think for even a moment this is possible? Especially since every card is a one hot kill on each of my cards except possibly number 4. Even if my attack plus 6 all spell and my weaken -9 all spell spawn in exactly the right spot I'm extremely lucky if I can finish the first round with one card remaining. 
I agree that some levels can be so hard, that they are impossible. Ideally, this shouldn't be the case (if you have a strong deck and strategy). As I mentioned before somewhere else, the raid mode is not a finished mode, it is the start of an engaging social asynchronous PvP we envision. It is our development philosophy to release features early in order to test and get feedback, which was very valuable. From there we can start improving. I saw a talk from a Clash of Clans developer lately that they worked almost a year on their asynchronous PvP, without pushing big updates in the meantime. We want to do it differently and show what we have so far, but that does mean that features can feel unbalanced/unfinished like you experience Raid now.

So we will keep improving it in the future. For the previous release, it should have become easier already, but we heard from the community that was not the case so we will investigate that further.

As to the question (that might follow) as to why we didn't improve Raid too much yet, is due to our resources/time limitations. We've been working recently on 7 star campaigns, card rewards, monthly leaderboard with rewards, an expansion with new cards, spells, map, music and content. And blockchainization. Along with smaller fixes. But we will get to Raid as well with time.

Hope to have answered your questions. Let me know if you have more

@Jasper Damman Hello, I understand most of the subjects you explained, but I have more or less the same deck as @Unotdog25 (less fused I may say) and I also faced matches like that one so the question here for me is that you said that "The first wave consists out of 2-3 enemies" and the attached image corresponds to the first wave and there already are five beast enemies. :S

Not complaining, just trying to understand, anyway guess you'll sooner or later will deal with this.

Keep it up.

Cheers.

Edited by Trepanattore