Sign in to follow this  
Unotdog25

Raid PvP 'hack'

Pretty simple. If you close the app before the conclusion of a raid/PvP match, you don't lose any points. This makes an easy cheat as you can just close the app when you're about to lose. No wonder I see so many poor players ranked Ge. 

Surely a simple solution would be to deduct 30 points upon the initiation of the game and upon a winning game award the player 40 points, resulting in the same +10 points for a win. Or is it not that simple? 

On an unrelated note definitely not related to the above post (totally related to the above post) I noticed that when I completed Ge level I didn't get awarded the ten Random cards. Totally don't deserve them anyway. Haha. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hello @Unotdog25

Many thanks for your report.

Our development team will proceed to some test in order to reproduce it and plan a fix. I will get back to you if we need more information, but your message is really helpful.

Thank you again, have a nice day :)

Hello guys,

It's now live corrected on production.

It have been corrected by: 

- Consider when a match start you already losed the match, so at start I'm decreasing the raid points

- When raid match is won, I increase the lost points + the one you get when you win normally

- If match lost, points already decreased and it stays like that

@cheers

• Like 1

Good job on the speed of the fix. Unfortunately it results in 'You've lost a rank' + 'You ranked up' messages combo after the match if a player's point count is just at the begining of a new rank (means, the player just ranked up after the last match). Which kind of works but is confusing at the same time. Sure a few ifs would fix even that but what would be an absolutely perfect solution is to store the actual gamestate on the server, at least the result of the last wave played or so, and let/force the user to continue where he's left off or got the game crashed.

The serverside game state persistence would also solve the cases, when I start a battle on android and the game just crashes after the start but before the battle loads, resulting in lost stamina points.

Maybe instead of persisting the state serverside, a clientside state snapshot at some key points during the gameplay would solve the problem of lost points or cheated victories.

My 5 cents... 

• Thanks 1

I've been noticing that if the game crashes during a pvp message you lose points twice. Just now I dropped from gold (some low score) to 155/200 silver.

I had the feeling that I was losing points way faster than expected for a while now :P

• Thanks 1

Hi @wachtwoord

Thanks for your feedback.

What kind of crash are you talking about please? Did you face an error message? We are interested to know more about this, so if you could tell us more details.

One information you need to know is that the number of points you will win/loose depends on your ennemy rank, not your. 

Thanks for your help, I look forward to hearing from you.

After you lose, the loading screen sometimes get stuck (especially if you're on a bad internet connection). If this happens I kill the app and restart it.

Regarding the losing of points: I am correct that if I fall from gold to 155/200 silver from 1 lost match that something is wrong right? (I don't think you can lose >=60 points from 1 lost match right?). 

Edited by wachtwoord
Typos