joeychips

Blockchainazed card and doesnt show on book and game

Please help. A few days ago I blockchainized an in-game card called Guardian of the Source of Life. For days in BoO, that card showed up in my history tab as pending. So I could not try and sell it, but I could still play it in the game. Yet last night and this morning, the card is gone from my game, is not anywhere in my deck, and also completely gone from BoO history. Can someone tell me what has happened?

Hi @joeychips We are well aware of this problem (it happened to me too!) and will try to fix it asap. It looks like the problem comes from the bitcoin mempool.

Some transaction are not being processed correctly. Please send the details of your blockchainization (date, time, card being blockchainized, & username to info[at]everdreamsoft.com.

We'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

Nick

Hi there,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience!

Our team is still working on it, we hope to solve this issue as soon as possible. Unfortunately it would take few more time for the moment.

We are checking all blockchainization on our side too, so not hesitate to contact us, but even if you don't, we will find it!

@joeychips and @flowless : already in our list ;)

As soon as we have more feedback, we will get back to you.

Thanks for your understanding, help and patience!

On 20.12.2017 at 5:26 PM, eds_Yzia said:

Hi there,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience!

Our team is still working on it, we hope to solve this issue as soon as possible. Unfortunately it would take few more time for the moment.

We are checking all blockchainization on our side too, so not hesitate to contact us, but even if you don't, we will find it!

@joeychips and @flowless : already in our list ;)

As soon as we have more feedback, we will get back to you.

Thanks for your understanding, help and patience!

10 gays go ... still nothing. Lady bug card is absent. 

https://walletapp.indiesquare.me/explorer/#/tx/9d61d7288b62a8645269d4453beba5490c79dc9bdf1622a1d0ada22c7ed00891 it is link sended to my mail 08 december 2017 .... but blockchain explorer couldnt resolve transaction

Edited by flowless
add more info

Hi @flowless

We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Our dev team is still working on it, this issue is a priority. As soon as we have more information, we will get back to you.

Thanks again for your understanding, the best for 2018!

SoG were bound to the ORB

I created the card into the blockchain, I received a message on e-mail

"Congratulations!

You successfully blockchainized your card!

Now it's a blockchain asset, you can freely use and trade it however you like! You can view your ticket here: ......"

by clicking on the link I got an error 500.

only after that I threw bitcoin on ORB.
how can I get this card? ;c

Edited by xoza1n

I was wondering what the issue is?  Is this on CounterParty or EDS or the BTC network?  Does it have anything to do with the BTC network fees?  Any idea on how long this is going to take?

Hello everyone,

I'd like to address from a technical point of view, and explain as best as I can, the problem of failed blockchainization we are currently facing.

When you blockchainize a card, one of our  server manages all the transactions behind the scene. First, it makes several verifications to ensure you are allowed to blockchainize a card: is the card blockchainizable, do you have a wallet linked to you account, is the card you want to blockchainize levelled-up / max fused ? etc...

The request for blockchainization is then sent to our transaction server, which verifies:
- The availability of the requested asset, then
- sends the transaction over the blockchain network for verification

In an ideal world, this operation would take minutes.

However, when we launched our blockchainization feature, the price of bitcoin surged to more than $10,000, which was an unwelcomed event to all people that are dealing with blockchain activities.

As a result of this increase, the fees required to execute and confirm a transaction soared considerably as well. It currently costs us between $30-$60 for *each* transaction. This situation is not easy to handle. This explains why some users have to wait days, or even weeks, before receiving their bitcrystals or cards in their destination wallet.

When the fee associated to a transaction is too low, no miners *picks up* the transaction to verify and confirm it. To maximize their revenue, they only chose the transactions with the highest fees attached to them.

Moreover, when a transaction stays too long with an unconfirmed status, the existing blockchain nodes (which are servers around the world) end up discarding these unverified transactions.

Usually, unconfirmed transaction remain in the “mempool” until they are processed by the miners and verified.

ie. The size of the mempool  is the amount of pending transactions at a specific moment.

But if the mempool size becomes too big (usually when the bitcoin rate is moving a lot), bitcoin owners may transfer a lot of their BTC to cash-out them into dollars. This increases the number of transactions and the size of the mempool, resulting in higher fees!

Now if one of the node has a limited storage capacity and can't handle a bigger number of transactions, some of them simply disappear. Consequently, if your blockchainization transaction is in one of these small storage nodes, it is erased and your card disappears from your wallet and from the game itself.

However, we are currently implementing a solution to mitigate the consequences of this regrettable situation.

1. We need to precisely track which transaction has been erased from the blockchain, for which player, the exact date/time it occured, in order to be able to send them back their missing card. I am currently programming a tool which will greatly simplify the management of all these transactions.

2. We are also considering moving to another asset management system than CounterParty, perhaps Ethereum, or something else. But this is a strategic decision with long term consequences.

In the meantime, we can assure you we are keeping a log of every transaction so you will get back the card and/or the crystals you spent to blockchainize your assets as soon as possible !

I hope this helps you understand the issue we’re all facing.

@Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Makes sense...

Well what about for a short term fix try teaming up with one (or more) of the Mining Pools and have them always process any SoG transaction, similar to the ViaBTC transaction accelerator?  It shouldn't be that hard to implement.   They may even be interested in getting paid for that in BitCrystals, which is on quite a few exchanges.

It is all comprehensible except for 2 things:

1. Why is the block explorer you are sending the links to so crappy that it can't show an unconfirmed TX?

2. What is counterparty still doing on that chain? Or let me ask differently, how is SoG/EDS involved to influence where Counterparty is going? I mean you tell me you might go to ETH (which is now congested as well and not getting any better soon probably), Adam B Levine is telling me LTC (which will likely have the same issues very soon). And the elephant in the room BCH seems to be politically not feasible for many, although there Counterparty would be more than welcome and not be considered spam and it would be technically very easy. I just don't get people sometime. I actually don't care where it is moving either, but it has to move to a chain which is cheap for TXes and which has a great prospect to keep it that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

can we just get an ETA on blockchain cards that we are still  waiting for please. I'm still waiting on my carniath creator from the 21st of December the reward card for December's challenge and 2 more that I blockchained at the start of January.  I did send an email but didn't even get a response, pretty close to just installing which would of already happened if I had not wasted a decent amount of cash on worthless blockchain cards

I tried to blockchain two cards...even recive the email that it was successful.... Now One doesn't show on the book, and the other i put it to sell in the book fee was charged and disapeared not reflecting the sale, the card or the bcy on my account... The fee was discounted

Hi everyone,

We have good news, all blockchainization since few days are all correctly working. Thanks a lot for all your helpful reports!
If you are facing an new issue with a new blockchainization, please let us know, we will dig further !
About the past blockchainizations that did not correctly work, we are still working on them, and you should correctly get your blockchainized cards soon.

Thanks again for all your help, do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further issues.

On 1/9/2018 at 10:19 PM, BenRPG said:

It is all comprehensible except for 2 things:

1. Why is the block explorer you are sending the links to so crappy that it can't show an unconfirmed TX?

2. What is counterparty still doing on that chain? Or let me ask differently, how is SoG/EDS involved to influence where Counterparty is going? I mean you tell me you might go to ETH (which is now congested as well and not getting any better soon probably), Adam B Levine is telling me LTC (which will likely have the same issues very soon). And the elephant in the room BCH seems to be politically not feasible for many, although there Counterparty would be more than welcome and not be considered spam and it would be technically very easy. I just don't get people sometime. I actually don't care where it is moving either, but it has to move to a chain which is cheap for TXes and which has a great prospect to keep it that way.

I have an alternate solution then ETH :) UBQ... go check it out!

Well the "Lightning Layer" of BTC is almost live now, they did their "pizza purchase".  Is that an option at all or is this still all on counterparty's head?   EDS could always have a one time fee either in cash, crystals, gems, or BitCrystals to pay for the setup of a "channel" between each player that wants to blockchainize cards and EDS.  Eventually all players would be on the Lightning Network, which would make all SoG transactions (even player to player) much, much quicker.  Or EDS could just eat the channel fee (200 crystals is actually quite a big investment of time for new players and they are most likely going to stick around for a while. They also probably have watched countless ads by then!)  BUT the BTC fees are supposedly down to $1 now so it could already be a non-issue. (I don't know, I've switched to BitCoin Cash for most of my crypto transactions now.)  EDS could also set up their own mining operation (or pay someone too, hint hint) and have it set up to preferentially process SoG transactions first, transactions with at least one confirmation seem to go through MUCH quicker.  Still, the MOST important thing I'd like to see is for EDS to work with Google and Apple to have them accept BitCrystals as payment just for SoG (yah right lol!)

Edited by TeknoRapture
I, really, HATE, COMMAS!!!