Sign in to follow this  
jjjj

Blockchainizing a card does not increase its stats, yet costs 200 gems

I just saved my first card to the blockchain! This cost me 200 gems, yet the stats of my card did not increase. First, I am confused why this costs 200 gems if all we're doing is calling a smart contract and creating a digital asset. This should cost whatever the "gas"/transaction-fee costs, right? I know this isn't Ethereum, but I use that diction since I'm not familiar with XCP. Having an additional cost of 200 gems implies that the stats of the card will increase by a significant amount, since thats what the previous (5+15+30+60+120)*7 gems did for me (also note the exponential difficulty scaling in card-fusing).

In summary, cards should get a significant stat boost when they are blockchainized, since it costs 200 gems to do this.

Edited by jjjj

You mean "200 crystals".

Gems and crystals are not the same. Gems are in-app purchases, whereas crystals can be earned by simply playing and completing the daily quests.

Last month, the transaction fees went up to 40 US$. Would you rather pay this amount to blockchainize a card or 200 crystals?

The benefit of owning a blockchainized card –which you can then trade for BCY/dollars– is certainly worth 200 crystals. Just my 2 cents...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nicktalop said:

You mean "200 crystals".

Yep, 200 crystals is what I meant.  This is another design flaw IMHO. The best games I have played were all very deliberate in their naming. "Gems", "Crystals" and "Coins" are too generic and interchangeable. For example "chaos gems" and "sun gems" would be much easier to differentiate than simply "gems" and "crystals". The picture for crystals looks like gems, and the picture for gems looks like crystals. This is more of an aesthetic issue and is separate from the topic.

Yeah, I suppose the transaction fees are an issue with the chosen platform (XCP). I think blockchaininzing a card is a harder decision that that tbh. A card that performs a function in a game is quite difficult to value. It is even harder to value when you can't see the stats. Again, maybe I am just missing something...

• Like 1