Sign in to follow this  
jjjj

Still not getting quest rewards for playing

Quest to kill 100 minions remains at 19/100 even after winning several Quirin Druid maps...  this is an annoying bug which I mentioned before; no one actually looked into it. Game is unplayable if I am not getting rewarded for playing. There seems to be a fundamental problem in the engineering of quest rewards; data inconsistency, etc. Fix it.

• Thanks 1

Hi @jjjj

Thanks for reporting us this issue. 

We will dig further and get back to you. 

Could you please tell us what is your version of the game and mobile OS version too? 

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

• Thanks 1

eds_Yzia thank you for the reply. My version for the game is 1.2.12, and the phone is Android (Google Pixel 1) 8.1.0. Please let me know if any other details are required. I am not asking for a refund, I am asking for a fix for future players :) Thank you

i have this issue as well. very annoying. its still not fixed as of today. i have same version and also use android < nexus 6 > 7.1.1

i would also like to request that quests which are partially completed do not dissapear

btw in my experience it happens when i add certain cards to the team and upon their removal i start earning credit again

Edited by gEM

Hi there

We will work on more investigation about the quest issues, and our developpement team is also on it.

We will get back to you as soon as we have more, on your side, do not hesitate to give us more feedback.

@jjjj & @gEM : I got your OS/Version information, thanks a lot!

Thanks for your patience, help and understanding.

I reported this issue over two weeks ago and the devs said they were on it. Time and again I am winning battles and my quests and gold are failing to increase, yet my health decreases. It is essentially money down the drain. The Spells of Genesis team has not even offered to refund me or give me a few gems so I can refill my health bar for the health that was wasted because of the countless instances of this error.

It is incredibly frustrating to see: 2/3, 5/7 progress bars for two quests and N gold in my profile and then win a battle, only to see the numbers unchanged, yet my health reduced by the cost of the battle. This should never happen, and if it does, a mechanism must be in place for the consumer to get their money back.

Engineering Team, you have a responsibility: Why the are health AND progress not atomically updated in your database? You have race conditions; it's embarrassing and it is costing clients real money. Fix it or be ready to give out refunds. This is irresponsible, at best: you are allowing people to spend real money on this game and you have not done your due diligence in ensuring transaction fidelity in your database regarding battle outcomes. This is really upsetting and warrants a full complaint and report to Google Play and the Apple App Store.

This has happened to me on the order of 5 times and I have posted here, only to receive lazy "we'll look into it..." messages from the team. They didn't fix it after a whopping two weeks. I want my money back, guys. I have tried my absolute hardest to help the engineers figure out better solutions for handling this situation, and I see no progress. When you decide to take money from clients, you assume great responsibility. You can't handle it in a timely manner, so I have no choice but to report this.

Update quest rewards and health fees ATOMICALLY, stop subtracting health at the beginning of the battle. False negatives are costing the client real money.  If my progress/reward doesn't get updated, then IN NO CASE should my health be lowered. It seems the team fails to realize the gravity of this situation, because this has been a problem for weeks. Real money is involved, you don't get to have a crappy backend unless you are willing to issue refunds for when your backend logic croaks at my expense. The SEC is cracking down on bullshit like this, and they are rewarding whistleblowers. It seems more useful for me to go to them than to hope you'll give me my money back for a gameplay experience which is clearly not finished and not audited, yet allows usage of real money.

If this isn't fixed in 72 hours, I'm reporting this application to the app stores and I'll do whatever it takes to get my money back. We need excellent people with backgrounds in money transmission and finance building blockchain solutions. This is far below any level of excellence when it comes to consumer money. Enough is enough. I will not be the last unsatisfied customer, so trying to bury this post will only delay the inevitable.

Hi @jjjj

Thanks for your message. I merge it to this topic.

We are still working on the quests issue, we seriously care about it, but it can't be fixed in a short time as we need to do more tests and dev and perhaps also a new release for that. I hope you could understand.

I also do some tests on my side, the issue looks related to specific campaigns and quests. Did you try to play another one to validate your quests please? Like it was previously suggested by Windblaze for example?

Furthermore, in order to reproduce it, could you please give us more details? What are the quests stuck on your account? And what campaign / raid did you play ?

The quests are not linked to our in game store, you do not have to spend gems to validate a quest.

I understand that you could be frustrated because of that, and we are really sorry for this inconvenience. As soon as I have also more information on my side, I will get back to you here.

Thanks for your understanding, I look forward to hearing from you.

Hello @jjjj and sorry about your disapointment.

I do not see anymore the minionSlayer quest in your account data, which means for me it have been achieved.

I think I can retrace history in here. Around 15th February when I saw players reporting this problem, I resolved the minion slayer enemies count calculation problem and pushed these modifications on our development environment.

All our code modifications and corrections generally occur on our development server, prior merging these changes on production.

In this particular case, this have been pushed in production ***within the next 1.2.12 release*** following strictly  our development process.

On your message of the 3rd march, every players was on the previous 1.2.11 version of the game (and the minion slayer correction awaiting on our development branch for QA testers team being able to test it correctly before it is pushed in production). Means correction of the minion slayers quest was not live at the moment of your message; explaining why it was still not working.

When @Yzia asking you which SOG version you are using, it is the 10th march, and at this time 1.2.12 went out (with the corrections). It explain why you said you were on 1.2.12 version of the game and surely the minion slayer problem was no more present at this time. And I suppose in the meantime minion slayer quest have been achieved as it is no more in your account.

To be sure, I restarted testing the game from the very beginning untill having the two first minion slayer quests, the first with 40 enemies to kill goal and the next one with 100 enemies to kill. I achieved both of them without any calculation errors.

I'm not managing anything about any conpensation about the encountered problems and any loss you faced because of it. But I'm sure @eds_Yzia will manage this fairly.

Be sure we are taking our responsabilities very seriously and are very glad of it as every weeks brings new challenges for the development team that is very dynamic. Now, in every development team, developers produce bugs. I can say there is no bug free in any game or from any developers. If you know some (developers or games) that do not have or produce any bugs, I'll be curious to know them.

Belong this, we try to follow strictly a precise workflow, from having Game Designer throwing ideas and mechanisms for the game, sent to the developers when design is achieved, these developers (including me) completing these tasks following the "Agile" methodology and finally QA testers being able to test every parts of these new features and check if this breaks anything else on the game.

But far as we are taking care of the whole process, remaining bugs could belong here and we try to reduce this amount near zero and listen carrefully the community to correct it as soon as possible in the meantime.

About corrections, It's important to know it's not resolved instantly in the period -> when we receive reports and -> when the correction occuring; because we are maybe involved on another important tasks and we need to prioritize every request we are receiving.

I could add that it have been decided recently to rewrite the whole Quests System to improve it and it is currently on work at the time I'm talking about it.

Be assured we always try to do our best and to be as reactive as possible.

I apologize for the time required for this correction and hope everything will go well in the future on your SOG experience.

Regards.

• Like 1

I will not be the last unsatisfied customer, so trying to bury this post will only delay the inevitable.

Therefore, I am unsurprised that my post was merged into a necro'd post. Clearly, this is a new issue if your development team thinks the previous issue was already solved. I am on 1.2.12.

I understand that bugs happen. Nevertheless, the liability is the developer's liability. This bug is intermittent, not all quest rewards are lost, therefore I suspect you have race conditions in your server.

You can have race conditions if you want, but then you'll be asked to give out refunds or free health-refills to the people who are affected by such bugs. PayPal's servers are not allowed to double spend assets or lose assets, and when they do, they pay for it. Spend an entire year fixing it! That's 1 year of potential refunds you will have to deal with, and it's a year of complaints to the app stores, and eventually the SEC since your application is involved with blockchain technology. Is it really worth it to have such a low priority for bug fixes?

If you allow people to blockchainize cards, you suddenly have to worry about  the consequences involved in how people acquire cards. You are requiring time and/or money to be spent to acquire cards, which are then fused and turned into blockchain assets. You have a system in place for selling blockchain assets; which is not of high fidelity and people are losing money. This is a huge problem. If someone spends $50 on in-game currency for the purpose of blockchainizing cards to resell for BCY, you are opening a can of worms with the SEC. 

It may be illegal for you to sell gems in-game (Edit: For united states dollars) because you are allowing users to create and resell them as securities. Needs to be reported, because your process is buggy. You are effectively an asset exchange, with it comes laws that you must follow. I highly doubt these laws are being followed, and I recommend a full audit of your codebase.

Edited by jjjj