Sign in to follow this  
jjjj

Party randomly gets unequipped without consent

I've been a tester for this game for over 4 months. Most of the bugs I've encountered are problems with quest progress updating (20+ times) in version 1.2.12 and earlier. 

I've run into the unequipped party bug around 4 times, so this seems like a rarer bug. Normally, I would quit and reopen the app to fix my party. This time, I was able to test the bug during a battle. Upon inspecting my team in team view, all of my cards were gone, and my party only had one card in it (Dark card). Upon entering battle, the party still registered only one card. This seems to be yet another problem with inconsistent state between the client and server, and should be fixed ASAP. This bug is triggered by changing cards in your active party. It seems unpredictable, and doesn't happen all the time. The incorrect party state persisted into battle (see screenshot), which seems to be the result of bad server logic involving party switching.

Why you need to fix the bug:

1. People can pay money for your game.
  2. People do not want their cards to disappear.
  3. Purchased goods should not be able to disappear.
  4. The bug causes people to enter battles without a fully equipped party.
  5. The bug forces a loss on the user where a loss would have been unlikely.
  6. Bug causes user to lose hearts.

Community relations:

1. I suggest using a script to see where this bug has occurred, and then award affected users with compensation in hearts, gold, gems, or some combination of these.
  2. Without taking these steps, it is hard to know if the development team actually cares about the userbase.
  3. I suggest a full audit on the server code that handles party-switching functionality; there seems to be inconsistent logic.

Other traceable bugs have occurred with resulted upon loss of hearts, progress or gold, and there has been no action taken by the team to compensate the affected users. This is concerning!

Client information: Android 8.1.0, Spells of Genesis build 1.2.14, installed from Google Play Store.

Screenshot_20180412-181553.png

• Thanks 2

Hi @jjjj

Many thanks for your report.

It was been forward to our Dev Team. I also send you a PM.

Thank you again, have a nice day, and do not hesitate to let me know if you have further issue.

Hi @jjjj, are your 3 missing cards "blockchain" cards and not "in-game" cards like the one remaining on your deck?

If that's the case it's a known problem that sometimes the blockchain cards from your registered bitcoin/counterparty address are not loaded. It happens about once a week with my account and I have to restart the game or log off/in again.

I don't think this bug is triggered by changing cards, but the server having troubles/timeout to get the blockchain information for your address.

@eds_Yzia does EDS operate a own BTC/Counterparty node/database or do you depend on 3rd party api?

cheers

6 hours ago, trebormag said:

Hi @jjjj, are your 3 missing cards "blockchain" cards and not "in-game" cards like the one remaining on your deck?

If that's the case it's a known problem that sometimes the blockchain cards from your registered bitcoin/counterparty address are not loaded. It happens about once a week with my account and I have to restart the game or log off/in again.

I don't think this bug is triggered by changing cards, but the server having troubles/timeout to get the blockchain information for your address.

@eds_Yzia does EDS operate a own BTC/Counterparty node/database or do you depend on 3rd party api?

cheers

Hello,

I was about to ask the same question. We use an external wallet checking service to *load* blockchain cards. If that service is down at this moment (which could occur rarely like @eds_Yzia said), this could explain unavailibility of these cards both in deck / card list of a player.

• Like 1