Problem: Bots ruining the game experience for everyone. I'm guessing this is already a problem today(!) and a problem that only will grow bigger if not dealt with properly. So please address this ASAP. 

Suggestion: A in-game captcha system to protect the community against bot cheaters. 

BOTS.thumb.png.a0d721b577b20c46cd447e0e34d2e1ca.png

Make it available at a RANDOM time between 20 minutes to an hour and trigger ONLY after you have killed/gained something. This is so that you can't time when it happens and get your bots to do it.

You have 1 minute to complete the captcha. Completing the captcha will reward you some 5% experience boost that lasts for 10 minutes.

If you fail, you have 2 more tries (each try resets to new image with diffrent angle, but time still counts down). If you fail all three you will be returned to Main Screen and a "Detention" debuff that reduces all your stats by 80%, and an shameful icon appears. The Detention debuff lasts 15 minutes. If this repeats the player will kicked from the game and restricted for 12 hours.

This could easily be the best way to clear up bots/spammers without harming both premium and regular players in any way, no matter how "annoying" it is to complete the captcha about every 45 minutes. Most bots would end up being removed.

There could be other types of captcha as well. But they should be easy for humans and hard for bots to complete.

are-you-human-captchas1.jpg.495dce9a3b791df26782499e762d6a41.jpg

Edited by bjoorn

What you offer is correct and should take place. But no rules of the game nor this particular season, nothing is said about the use of macros,

so changes can be made already at the end of season awards

• Like 1

@bjoorn

You are perfectly right ! That was something that was always in my mind having a protection against farming bot.
I looked around and thought about solutions, in fact there are multiple ways to fake a gameplay session. Macros are the easiest thing.
I'm thinking of opening a private forum to discuss with white hat people to evaluate all the tools and solution against them. Would you like to participate ?

• Like 1

@mitya

The use of cheating tool such as playing bot, fake purchase, system any code alteration or use SOG in another way it's interned to be is strictly prohibited, do we really need to mention that ?
The actual leaderboard is crippled with that actually and it ruins the game experience for all. We will remove from the leaderboard all cheating accounts.
Account using bots will be just warned for this time and removed from leaderboard.
Accounts using fraudulent purchase will be removed from leaderboard and locked

• Like 2

I got overtaken on the leaderboard by a couple of accounts that suddenly made an insane amount of points and dropped out of the top 10 for now. I can't prove they cheated of course but I have my suspicions.

I hope you'll be able to detect those who are cheating accurately.

• Like 1

Ye, I like the suggestion. I'm now top 5 and was overtaken by 3 accounts really fast.
I liked the one season where EDS rewarded those that pointed out major flaws in the code and gameplay. @Shaban

When are you going to disqualify the botters? I am currently 11th in the leaderboard and am considering wasting a lot of time getting back in the top 10 so I would really like to know whether people currently in the top 10 are being disqualified.

This contest is quite the grind :)

Edited by wachtwoord