Sign in to follow this  
spellcraft

Book of ORBS issues satoshi card

I have never bought a divisible card (e.g. SATOSHICARD) but If you did place a buy offer for one (1.00000000) card it should fulfill the order in whole. However I am not sure if maybe for divisible cards partial order matching is possible. I would propose to contact the Book of ORBs team. If you give them your counterparty address they should be able to look into it. Also check if you still have an open order for the remainder of the card in your Book of ORBs.

You mostly likely bought 0.9499 of card. Probbaly only that much was on sale from that seller.  so try to get what is missing for full card. only when you will have full card it will show in SoG.

Does anyone know what happens if I put a whole divisible card up for sale in BoOs. Can a buyer just by a fraction non the less? I have a card I might want to sell but only as a whole. No point in me putting the entire card up for sale and someone buying 0.05 of it only. Is there an official BoOs support once can ask fort this?

2 hours ago, kolmansoifer said:

i don't believe a buyer can buy a fraction of a divisible card on BoO, like the CP DEX.  

I just don't want to risk it without knowing for sure. If I act like I wanted to buy e.g. a satoshi I can enter the amount and it accepts fractions as far as I can see. Is there an official support contact for BoOs?

23 hours ago, BenRPG said:

Does anyone know what happens if I put a whole divisible card up for sale in BoOs. Can a buyer just by a fraction non the less? I have a card I might want to sell but only as a whole. No point in me putting the entire card up for sale and someone buying 0.05 of it only. Is there an official BoOs support once can ask fort this?

Yes, unfortunately currently someone can "abuse" the system and buy a fraction of a divisible card...

There's a Project ORB/Book of Orbs forum

I don't get the point of divisible cards, what good is a 0.05 card anyway? I know I don't want to buy divisible cards as long as potential buyers can buy fractions of them on BoO and make the rest of the card pretty much worthless for selling.

30 minutes ago, Mizar said:

I don't get the point of divisible cards, what good is a 0.05 card anyway? I know I don't want to buy divisible cards as long as potential buyers can buy fractions of them on BoO and make the rest of the card pretty much worthless for selling.

Exactly. I just asked @makosch in DM if there are ways of exchange that allow to only sell a whole piece. E.g. in SwapBot I think this could be implemented, but I don't know if it is. What about DEX? Otherwise, as is now, as a owner of one or more full cards, I have pretty big incentive to e.g. buy a tiny piece of each of the satoshicards which are available to make the card a bit more rare. Of course these people could then aggregate their cards to at least create n-1 whole card again, but still, this is a huge hassle.

It looks like more than 2.5 SATOSHICARDS are split over a total of 43 addresses, each fraction smaller than 1 whole card. Only 111 addresses hold one full card or more on them. So if I can sabotage two addresses like this I can indirectly reduce the availability of this card by 1.8% which is kind of the same as making the card I won 1.8% more rare to come by. The logic might not be 100% correct, but it sure is a pain, mainly for seller at this time.

Maybe sometimes in the future, there could be a split of the card, in a sense, that e.g. having 5% of a satoshicard would be considered a satoshishard and could be it's own card.

Edited by BenRPG

Just got rhis response to my DM:

certainly not on DEX (BoO allows you to access DEX, so it is the same thing), regarding swapbot, I'm not sure, i'll double-check with the service provider.

No plans for using fractions of a card, some of our first cards are divisible, and it' s been set more or less by accident...