Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kojisan

New forum for Project ORB

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

We are going to take advantage of this forum and make it a place where our users can help each other, report bugs, make suggestions and have fun!

The official announcements will be still made on this official blog(https://medium.com/book-of-orbs) still but I will try to keep this forum up to date as much as possible too. Also, as we add more titles to the platform in the future, this forum will be a good place to keep track of your favorite titles and hang out.

Feel free to post and ask us anything!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ohayou Gozaimasu - strike that

Kon'nichiwa Kojisan,

Domo arigato, Thank you for starting an ORB thread on the forum. 

I managed to get the Book of Orbs (BoO) set up without any major malfunctions.  It was a challenge to get the bitcoin and bitcrystals to populate the wallet, but managed to figure that out too.  There are many ways to do that, some are pretty easy others, not so much. 

I added a few pages to the forum, newbies | suggestions, to document the experience:  Buying Bitcoin (BCT) and converting it to BitCrystals (BCY)

It is very much still a work in progress but does touch the Book of Orbs.

My questions about the BoO are:

1) When we are in the MARKET, looking to buy or sell cards, the screen looks foggy.  My eyes do get tired when playing SoG on the phone, is it me?

It looks a little better on the PC's larger screen when I cut and paste for the document but not much.  It is just the cards in this window.  When we get into the individual card it is crispy.  Actually the buttons headers and such are crispy too it is just like there is a fuzzy film over the library of cards.

58c19da84d914_fuzzyBoO.thumb.png.c227b8bd068da73bb8996afec5f40b54.png

2) Does the Book of Orbs come in a PC version?  What is needed to run it?

Edited by Eddy
add a link to another forum topic touching BoO

16 hours ago, Eddy said:

I added a few pages to the forum, newbies | suggestions, to document the experience:  Buying Bitcoin (BCT) and converting it to BitCrystals (BCY)

It is very much still a work in progress but does touch the Book of Orbs.

This is great. Thanks for doing this for other users.

16 hours ago, Eddy said:

1) When we are in the MARKET, looking to buy or sell cards, the screen looks foggy.  My eyes do get tired when playing SoG on the phone, is it me?

It looks a little better on the PC's larger screen when I cut and paste for the document but not much.  It is just the cards in this window.  When we get into the individual card it is crispy.  Actually the buttons headers and such are crispy too it is just like there is a fuzzy film over the library of cards.

It's actually intentional. If you own the card, it will be shown in full color. This is the same for the collection page when you choose "All Orbs" tab.(What you own will show more vividly while cards you don't own appear fuzzy)

2) Does the Book of Orbs come in a PC version?  What is needed to run it?

⇒No, I DMed you about this already but there is no PC ver currently and we are mobile focused at this point. (A web version is def a possibility though)

But actually, we are planning to overhaul the market page design soon and it will look significantly different in the near future.

"Ah so, desu ka"  I lived in Yokohama Japan for three years so this brings back a lot of very pleasant memories.

Again "Domo arigato gozaimashita" Thank you

Now it makes more sense why the 'fog of war' covers the cards.  I do not have any so would not have noticed a difference.

I put in a bid for THE COIN MAKER and set it to low priority.  That was a couple of days ago.  It has yet to go through.

While working on the document for converting BCT to BCY and buying a card from the BoO I tried to get some more pictures and wanted a completed sale so I bid again with a high priority.  I was worried that I would not have enough in my account to cover.  Is there a credit line, grace period to move funds or will the transaction be canceled?

I just checked and received these messages in my [History].

errmsg1.thumb.png.9cdc5681a7e5a680cd82cbe13cd46628.png

What went south?  Do you know the phrase RTFM?  Read the *en manual.  There is usually a clue in the error message.  A get is the request to buy.  Humm, non-positive okay range out of what is allowed.  quantity zero give or zero get.  Looks like SELL or BUY quantity for this transaction was invalid.  My guess is BLANK.  I would hope that the screen would catch submitting an order with an empty quantity up front not make me wait a day to find out that the transaction failed.

Let me check if any card or cards were bought.  No, not yet.  However.  If I scroll down on the history screen there are more transactions.  Gosh, how do we know that there is more to see.  Trial and error? Luck? Reading the forum?  I certainly am a noob.

OpenOrders.thumb.png.4ed1d31bae938d527e4380a2404f46cf.png

Okay, good news it looks like the get for BTCCCOINCARD 'The Coin Maker' is still in the queue.  I suppose this one was because I set it to low priority to save a few cents on processing.     My  guess is that the other two failed transactions were my requests to buy from a seller when I already had one open.  I suspect if I had known to cancel the original order the high priority request would have processed by now. TRUE or FALSE?

One might ask what is going on with the open order for SATOSHICCARD at 30 BCY.  When I was looking at the cards for sale I noticed that no one had bit on this card.  I thought since I have that many BitCrystals in my account I would be happy to pay that much for this card and put in a buy or get order.  Ha ha, since then other people have out bid me and offered 500.  My daughter said I should not mention this in the forum.  I think that everyone should know how this works.  If you have the money and would like the card place an order to buy.  This is the way the market works.  I say okay to 30 someone else 500.  If the seller needs the BCY and has two cards they can sell them both. Each buyer pays the amount they offered and the transaction is complete.  However, savvy traders, with high value cards, are not likely to make mistakes or dump their deck, but you never know.  As it is the seller stands by their asking price and no orders are filled.  This, in part, is why orders are only valid for a certain period of time.

The market drives the price.  Basic economics.  Am I silly to discuss this openly with members of the forum?  Perhaps.  I would rather level the playing field and give everyone the opportunity to bid, buy and sell, understanding the rules of the game.  It is like learning a new card game.  We use to play a few hands face up so that, as a kid, I could learn the rules and basic strategies.  I believe this is healthy and encourages participation not frustration.

---

Back to the discussion. 

1) Fog of war.  Okay, that makes sense.

2) PC version of The Book of Orbs (BoO)  Your explanation above makes sense to me as well.

I would like to see the cards on a larger screen but it is so much easier to buy and sell on the phone.  It even makes screen captures easier. Making a PC version of BoO would definitely not be a priority to developers.  A viewer or notebook would be cool so I can study cards on the big screen.

---

I was just going to say that I would let you know when the sale goes through. Checking my balance it looks like the 60 BCY has been deducted.  The card is not in my collection yet and the order is not cleared but I think it is in process.

3) Is there a way to clear the failed requests from my HISTORY or will they drop off on their own eventually?  We can CANCEL an open order by getting into the the History and hitting the cancel button as we see above.  What can I do to take out the trash? Let it be, it's a journal, activity log, audit trail?

Great job, nice to read :-) I like Orbs very much, since I was 13 years old, I have been interested in MMO and trading in them. In the beginning it was Tibia, then Mu Online, but with the theme of orbs I just met playing in the Path of Exile. My favorite is Chaos Orbs and Exalted Orbs - but I buy and sell all the other orbs. Such a clever man :-) best offer with cheap PoE Orbs, Exalted Orbs, Chaos Orbs and other Path of Exile items you can find under this link: https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile/standard-softcore

Edited by Teliga