Sign in to follow this  
Grimm

Dawn of May is broken

According to the blog post, statutes and ship of Amarantha are not supposed to cause damage unless buffed by Spring's Dawn (https://blog.spellsofgenesis.com/mays-dawn-monthly-campaign/).  This is NOT the case, they both do damage.  Ship does 1 and the statutes quite a bit more. This is VERY frustrating. I started playing again in April because of the campaigns and was thrilled to be able to work towards more legendary cards.  April was difficult at times but very doable for someone that has cleared Dark Creator. 2 days in and I haven't defeated the second battle on the first star in the new campaign.  If you want to keep players, don't do crap like this. 

I'm working my way through it. Final battle of 3rd star was tough, but ploughing along. Waiting for stamina to refill. 

That's great, but regardless of your success, it should follow the way it was apparently designed. 

Hi Grimm! Great to hear the campaigns have you returned to the game.

That was a mistake in the blogpost, sorry about that! We're changing it.

The campaign was designed with the intention to let them deal less damage than the weasels and Spring's Dawn.

Campaign is more difficult than the April campaign indeed, but I think doable if you have the right setup. A suggestion: Try using strong freeze all, flame all and/or shield all cards and clear out these weasels and Spring's dawn first.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply and update, I appreciate it. I think it's time for me to say goodbye. The campaigns were the only thing bringing me back, and if they're that challenging/costly from the beginning, it's not worth the frustration for me. I'm a free player, and after completing the game twice I have managed to blockchainize 3 epics and a few rares. Without spending a lot of money, the game has become too challenging to be fun.  Good luck, I love the concept, but I think you all have a lot to learn about game mechanics and in-game community development if you want a successful product. Without a strong backbone of committed, non-paying players, I don't see the game going anywhere. Without spending cash I was able to pretty easily end the month in the top 150 - that says something about either my commitment, the lack of players, or both. Either way, two playthroughs is enough; I'm out.

Good luck, the general idea surrounding blockchain is golden. 

Why would you need to quit? Just take it slow. With the high requirement of hearts you can only play every 3 hours anyway and you have a whole month to finish this campaign and earn a legendary.

I agree that the low amount of players is worrying though. The game either needs a major marketing campaign or another hype through a new investment opportunity. I think the game is pretty solid and easily the best in the blockchainsphere but demand needs to be seriously increased.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:56 AM, Jasper Damman said:

Hi Grimm! Great to hear the campaigns have you returned to the game.

That was a mistake in the blogpost, sorry about that! We're changing it.

The campaign was designed with the intention to let them deal less damage than the weasels and Spring's Dawn.

Campaign is more difficult than the April campaign indeed, but I think doable if you have the right setup. A suggestion: Try using strong freeze all, flame all and/or shield all cards and clear out these weasels and Spring's dawn first.

Good luck!

There is a very very very annoying bug. If you hit a spell e.g. ice all or fire all, it will trigger but if your shot goes into a black hole after, the enemies will still shoot even though tey have clearly been hit by the ice e.g. Wit fire it is even stranger as the energy bars of the enemies is already on 0 but they will still shoot. Thisnbug is especially annoying in the May campagin. It may have been reported before. Please fix this. Before your turn ends all actions should be closed. Turn should in my view not insta-end upon black hole. However, this bug can even happen without black holes if the timing is right. When you hit the spell when your shot is already quite slow and will stop soon. Please have a look.

@Grimm Sorry to hear that you're considering to quit! Yes this campaign is more challenging than the other monthly campaigns indeed, but with a strong deck of ingame cards you should be able to complete it. We take your feedback about the difficulty into consideration and hope you might be able to complete the future campaigns. Keep in mind though that a lot of players also enjoy the higher difficulty and that the rewards (legendary card) should be a challenge to obtain.

We've been stable in amount of players over the last half+ year. We're now partnering up with a new publisher, European Games Group which will start to acquire some new users once we release the next build. They will do this for a couple of months to see how well SoG performs, relative to their other games. If they deem it profitable, they will do a bigger marketing campaign.

@BenRPG The bug you mention is very annoying indeed. We solved it now and you can see the effect in the next update. We wanted to have the build live this week but were blocked by Apple's new policy regarding lootboxes. They wanted us to show the % of chance of getting each rarity per purchase so that caused some delay.

• Like 1

Strategy: 

Pack lots of speed. Speed is most important. 

I think the weasels have between 9-11 health.

Don't bother with a flame all. Even transcendental firelord won't oneshot the weasels on 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

I would skip the heals as well. If you don't kill the queen before the weasels get you at least on of. Your characters will die. 

Your 1st position character should be able to oneshot weasels and may queen. I recommend  itlanking

Your second position character should probably be a freeze all as well. plains golem or king itlan even a rare ice dragon is probably enough

Position 3 I feel is best for plus atk cards.  Luminatis, dwarf, plated knight, 

Position 4 probably calls for another freeze or a shield all. Could also be a atk all. King itlan golem dragon or Enchshield.

Viable possibilities (unverified)

king,golem,lumintis,king

Dragon,dragon,dragon,dragon

King,king,king,king

Golem,golem,dwarf,dwarf

Etc....

I do not own a plains golem yet but 2 golems should prove pretty strong.

Screenshot_20180514-224717.png

• Like 1